Just got back!

MrsDude

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I just got back from a 7 day 6 night vacation at WDW and had a really wonderful time. I have an artificial hip and several other medical issues (heart and pulmonary problems) and found most of the CMs to be very helpful. The only exception was the CM at the Epcot Guest Relations counter (outside the actual entrance to Epcot). This CM was unwilling to take any time to listen to me when I requested the GAC :confused: , even though there was nobody waiting behind me.

Is it me, or does everyone in Florida smoke? :mad: Good grief, it was difficult to avoid the smoke, when we ventured outside the Disney property. I felt like I should have had a gas mask for myself, my DS (13) and DD(3). (My DH does not have breathing problems, so smoke does not bother him).

We stayed at CBR in the Trinidad North section and absolutely LOVED it! I was worried when we were put there because of some internet reviews I had read. Just the proximity to the "center" of the resort was wonderful. Our room was located on the ground floor (our request, since I do not do stairs well) and of course the room was a non-smoking room.

I did not rent a wheelchair or ECV and there was only 1 day that I wished I had. When I have to do a lot of walking on hard pavement, I use a cane. It does save a lot of wear and tear on my hip, but I do get fatigued more easily.

The crowds were not bad at all, except for Saturday at MK (but that is to be expected on the weekends). Even with the weekend crowds at MK, we still were able to see many of the attractions. We did split up a lot, with DH and DD going off to do 3 year old stuff and myself and DS doing teenager things. Cellphones kept us in touch with each other.

It was nice to be in 80-90 degree heat versus 30-40 degree cold in MN. Thank goodness for MEA week!

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter