Just got back from an amazing vacation at AKL

i made the mistake of doing one of the epcot resorts. i dont think its the deluxe i cant go back from so much as the location now. i really dont think i can go back lol.
Sigh they trap you Disney does, in my case its worse their favorite restaurant is Ohana. Now they want to stay there.

AKL is fantastic. The way we save on deluxes is shorter vacations at deluxes instead of longer ones at a moderate. 4 nights at $400 at AKL ($1600) is a much more enjoyable vacay for us than 7 nights at $250 ($1750) at a mod.
This is what we're doing in December. We've never stayed at a deluxe. I booked 3 nights, having 2 park days, 1 resort day, as a mini-Disney vaca. Glad to hear all positives on this thread.

I did book standard room (everything else is to expensive) but they put me in room 4343 over a people pen and that place spoiled them. I was planning on Swan/Dolphin next trip as my protest against the parking fees but my afraid of flying girls have suggested flying next time and lord help me their choice of deluxe is the Poly. Taking them twice each trip to eat at Ohana is coming back to bite me.
We stayed at Swalpin once and not only do they charge a parking fee, but also a ridiculous resort fee. Staying there to protest Disney parking would not benefit you at all.

70 more days until I arrive for my 1st AKL stay. I know the pool will be out of commission but we're so excited to stay at one on our bucket list that we decided to stay anyways.

70 more days until I arrive for my 1st AKL stay. I know the pool will be out of commission but we're so excited to stay at one on our bucket list that we decided to stay anyways.
In 10 days there we never managed the main pool even once we were so busy and there is so much to do at AKL. We did manage the quiet pool twice in the evenings.

Had an amazing time at AKL - can't recommend this place enough!!! We had a savanna view and saw so many Giraffes, Zebras and wildebeests. The staff was amazing, the room was amazing and even the bus wait times were amazing. Wasn't sure if I wanted to chance it with the Disney bus but we did - both to EPCOT and AK with no issues whatsoever. Got back and decided that I couldn't take it anymore so I went ahead and booked next years vacation at the Contemporary because we have never stayed there before. 350 days to go......
View attachment 331564 View attachment 331565

AKL is an amazing resort, glad you had a great time! Congrats on booking your next trip. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

The way we save on deluxes is shorter vacations at deluxes instead of longer ones at a moderate. 4 nights at $400 at AKL ($1600) is a much more enjoyable vacay for us than 7 nights at $250 ($1750) at a mod.

We feel exactly the same 3-5 night stay at a Deluxe resort is the way to go.

This is my thought as well. If I had to make a choice between a short stay at a deluxe or a long stay at a mod, I would always choose the deluxe. Nothing wrong with the mods, I just prefer a deluxe :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter