Just got back- any ?

kimang

<font color=red>I don't know about you, but the on
Hello everyone! We just returned after two weeks - had a GREAT time! We stayed onsite at the Dolphin for five nights and then moved to Sheraton Vistana Villages for eight nights.:tongue: :sunny:

I would be happy to answer any questions. Highlights include:

Dined at:
Victoria and Alberts
Boma
Jiko
50's Prime Time Cafe
Yachtsman Steakhouse
California Grill
Pecos Bill
Fultons Crab house
Marrakesh at Morroco in EPCOT

Special touches:
Cirque du Soliel
Illuminations Cruise
MK Fireworks from California Grill
Downtown Disney/ AMC Movie theatre

Cheers!

Kim
:tongue:

Oh Kim, sounds like you ate VERY well!! :) I've only been to two of those restaurants, Bomas and California Grill. How did you like Jiko, and Victoria & Alberts? Did you feel completely stuffed when you left V&A's? I've always thought they'd have to use a dolly to get me out of there...lol :)

How were your stays at the Dolphin and SVV?

Kim :)

Please, Please, Please let me know what V&A's was like. Sounds like your trip was awesome!

LOL: Yes we did eat well - I won't tell you how much weight I gained in spite of all the walking that we did!;) ;)

PoohBWV:
As for Victoria and Albert’s – Let me just say that it was absolutely fantastic. I will do a full review in the restaurant section and include our menu selections in the next couple of days. The food, atmosphere and service was excellent and yes, it was expensive (the bill came to over $269.24 US or over $430 Canadian- before tip) however- this included the wine pairing. It was the most expensive meal I have ever had but it was a special occasion and a really great evening. Yes – we were full – very full but we had room for everything including the yummy desserts.

PoohBWV:
As for Victoria and Albert’s – Let me just say that it was absolutely fantastic. I will do a full review in the restaurant section and include our menu selections in the next couple of days. The food, atmosphere and service was excellent and yes, it was expensive (the bill came to over $269.24 US or over $430 Canadian- before tip) however- this included the wine pairing. It was the most expensive meal I have ever had but it was a special occasion and a really great evening. Yes – we were full – very full but we had room for everything including the yummy desserts.

Snowark:

We liked Jiko very much – the atmosphere is really great. We sampled the following:
Oven Roasted Bone-In Pork Loin
Pan Roasted Monkfish
Grilled Buttermilk-Curry Shrimp
Chermoula Roasted Chicken
All the food was tasty and well prepared.

It was unfortunate that we were not very hungry and therefore passed on both appetizer and desert – oh well – we’ll just have to go back again.

As for the Dolphin- we loved it- – we had a very large room – with two huge windows overlooking boardwalk and a side view of EPCOT. To our surprise we could see the Illuminations fireworks from our window, which was really cool. The location of the Dolphin is fantastic because we could walk to both Epcot and MGM or take a very short boat ride to either. As well, we could walk to the boardwalk and just hang out in the evenings. You really can’t beat the location. We didn’t get on a bus for the first two days at WDW – we just hopped a boat.

The SVV are fantastic. Great value for the dollar – we paid $144 US for a two bedroom (we shared with friends) so per couple it was $72 US and the washer and dryer came in handy as well the full size kitchen allowed for a quick breakfast or just evening snacks. There are three pools at the SVV – one very large pool for kids and adults – one smaller ‘quiet’ pool, which was heated to warm bathwater and a good size whirlpool. Really highly recommend the SVV for anyone staying off site.

Cheers ,

Kim

:p;) ;)

Sounds Great ! We stayed at Boardwalk and took boat over to Dolphin and thought it looked like a great hotel. Can't beat the location for sure !

Did you find 2 weeks too long ?? We only went for 10 but wondered if the extra days would have been nicer.

Glad you had a good time.

:)

muskokagirl:

This was a major trip for us and one that we were planning for about 18 months. It was our first time and not knowing what to expect, two weeks gave us the opportunity for lots of 'down time' and also to visit some of the other sites that Orlando has to offer.

However, it turns out that we loved Disney so much that we are now planning another trip for November 2003 - this time for a week. I think we will probably do more little trips than one larger one - this way the magic gets spread around a little more!:sunny:

I guess it depends upon what you want out of your time at Disney. We did have lots of time to relax by the pool - however with a shorter vacation - the pace will definitely pick up.

Cheers,

Kim

Your first trip? Wow, sounds like it was a great one! :)

Thank you for the V & A, and Jiko's information. It's 7:30am, and I'm hungry already! :) :)

We always take 2 weeks in Dec it is the only way to do it. We loved Cali Grill it was an incredible place to eat and watch the fireworks from. Diner for 4 of us there was about 360.00 US with one drink each and dessert but it was well worth it the food there was just amazing.

Mmmmm, Jiko does sound delicious! We always plan a dinner at Boma, maybe we'll have to try and squeeze in Jiko as well! I think we are going to try and see Cirque next trip too.

We usually go down for about a week and that does allow us to go more often but when it's time to go home, I'm never ready! One of these days, I'd like to try two weeks, but I'll probably not find that enough either! LOL

In 96 we went for 1 week and thought it was alot of fun then on our honeymoon we were there for a little over 2 weeks and that was still not enough time. So now we go for 2 weeks but you are right it just makes you want even more time there I would like 3 to 4 weeks but we will have to wait for that one. We have enough points but at the time we go it would not be a good idea as we would miss all our family Christmas get togethers and I just don't think Christmas without some snow and cold temps is appropriate hehehe.

Snowwark:

I went to WDW world when I was thirteen - that was 27 years ago - and I promised myself that I would someday return. When my big 40 was approaching my husband asked what I wanted to do to celebrate ;) and of course, I said " Go to Disney:D - much to his surprize. He wasn't so sure about all this Disney Stuff.

Well it turns out that he absolutely loved it!:teeth: Now he knows what we all know - that Disney is magical. In fact - he wants to go back next November - who am I to say no? ;)

TimNDansmom:

If at all possible try and go see Cirque - it was one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen - I can only describe it as a "feast for the eyes". Unbeliveable

DSNY FN:
I agree that two or three weeks would be heavenly - but alas we usually have more commitments that we have holidays LOL!
:smooth:

Cheers,

Kim

I agree that we also have way to many things going on in Dec to be able to tae a month off and go there with all the X mas stuff going on in our families. My wife and oldest daughter went to see Cirque last Dec and just loved it and want to go again next Dec so who am I to deny them that pleasure. I want to take them to Vegas to see the one there to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter