Just got an email from Betty Woods!!!

Gillyrose779

DIS Veteran
Some of you may know Ms. Woods works for Ventura- the company that hosts most of Disney's Contests!

The emails doesn't say we won... yet, but it states "we loved your superstellar Space Mission. We would like to potentially feature your photo on Disney Junior!"

I had to sign and return a materials release form.

This was for a Disney Junior Miles from Tomorrowland contest. I believe the rules stated the winners would be shown on TV on 9/19 during a special Miles from Tomorrowland so it makes sense that, if we won, we would need to sign a material release form right???

Even if we didn't win I know my boys will be excited to be on TV with their creation. They worked so hard on it and love the show!

Sorry but I had to share the excitement. Hubby is being a downer b/c he doesn't want to get his hopes up and I don't want to share with family or friends until we know for sure!

That's awesome! It might seem like such a small thing, but they will remember it forever. To this day, I still brag about the time I got into Nintendo Power as a kid. :rotfl:

"Hey, did I ever tell you about how I was on Disney Junior--"
"Yes, dear... :rolleyes:"

That's awesome! It might seem like such a small thing, but they will remember it forever. To this day, I still brag about the time I got into Nintendo Power as a kid. :rotfl:

"Hey, did I ever tell you about how I was on Disney Junior--"
"Yes, dear... :rolleyes:"

Yes!! I still occasionally hear from my MIL how my hubby was on Romper Room as a child. I never watched the show so I don't know how big of a deal that was but they love to brag!- lol

I'm not in the Disney Junior crowd so I'm not familiar with this contest - what do you potentially win?

I DO get your excitement, though - the 2 creators of Phineas and Ferb both commented on my Isabella costume via Twitter a couple years ago. Just having them acknowledge my existence was extremely exciting. :)

I'm not in the Disney Junior crowd so I'm not familiar with this contest - what do you potentially win?

I DO get your excitement, though - the 2 creators of Phineas and Ferb both commented on my Isabella costume via Twitter a couple years ago. Just having them acknowledge my existence was extremely exciting. :)

Miles from Tommorowland is about a family in space so the first place prize is a VIP trip to the Kennedy Space Center which includes VIP tours, watching a rocket go into space, and potentially meeting an astronaut. You also get a 3-D printer. I believe there are two 2nd place prizes for a 3-D printer too. My husband is excited over the 3-D printer. My kids are excited to see a rocket but I had to promise them they don't have to go into the rocket and into outer space b/c "that is scary".

That is really neat about Phineas and Ferb! It's feels great when you get recognition for something you worked so hard on- def. by the pros! Do you have a picture? My oldest wants to be Agent P this year.

Super cool! that's very exciting - fingers crossed for you!

Here's our Phineas and Isabella look from 2013. In retrospect, my costume could've been much better, but I thought we looked cute. Agent P was my backup costume, but when the Phineas and Ferb guys told me to definitely go with Isabella (my Twitter post had included photos of both), I decided they were definitely the experts!

halloween.jpg

How cool! My 3-yera old worked soooo hard on her rocket, and the first pictures I took blurred... I never got around to taking more pictures or submitting them/ Bad mom. But we don't even have Disney Junior, so she'll never know. :-) It was a fun little project to do together, which I guess was the whole point!

Super cool! that's very exciting - fingers crossed for you!

Here's our Phineas and Isabella look from 2013. In retrospect, my costume could've been much better, but I thought we looked cute. Agent P was my backup costume, but when the Phineas and Ferb guys told me to definitely go with Isabella (my Twitter post had included photos of both), I decided they were definitely the experts!

View attachment 123213

Love the looks! I'm very much into "Disneybounding" so I could see pulling this off. I can even see talking the stubborn hubby into that if my son still wants to be Agent P when Halloween comes. Thanks for the pic!

Hey Everyone- Just wanted to update that - no- we did not win (Boo) but my sons did get on TV and they were pretty happy about that! We may have still gotten a third place prize (just $15 google glasses) but won't know for a few more weeks. Anyhoo- here are a couple pics of my son cheesing next to the tv as well as their creation they entered. Thanks for sharing my excitement!
IMG_9812.JPG blastoff2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter