Just got amazing fare from Southwest...

MJames41

DIS and USMC Veteran
Now I have to wait for the resort discounts. Already got DC rates booked, but hoping for better rate. Got Southwest rate of $66 per person each way. Worked out to $147 per person round trip with fees and taxes, between Chicago and Orlando. This trip is looking better and better.

Way to go! I love Southwest....I've been flying them for years. We're lucky, when they put Orlando on sale for us it's Seattle to Orlando for $99 each way...got to love it! Don't forget to use your Rewards card. I'm flying on a free Rewards ticket when I go in September.

Have fun!:bounce:

Love those cheap airlines!! We too are paying the cheapest we've ever paid! 145 roundtrip from NJ to Orlando!!
I was very psyched about that!
Yeah for cheep fares!

We love Southwest too!! We booked when they were running the friends fly free promotion. We got round trip from Manchester NH to MCO for $183.00!! That's the total for both of us. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

How far in advance do you book your flights? Do you wait for a discount fare to come out? I'm afraid to wait too long, because their is 5 in my family.

Great for all of you! We're hanging in there keeping our fingers crossed. Ck SW everyday and am signed up for several sites email. Need 12 tickets out BWI and 4 SEA for Dec 13-21. Have been checking for months and unfortunately they only opened up till Dec 14. Does anyone have any idea as when they'll open Dec. 15 on? Getting nervous here...would love to have this last detail settled:confused:

i think we got the cheapest rate of all... FREE! lol we have been saving those frequent flyers miles up!! All 7 of my group are flying free for our upcoming trip! woo-hoo!

We got the $99. fare from NY to Burbank in August, so we'll be Soarin' over CA again this year.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I too love SWA! only way we go from St Louis. My son (11) and my sister and I are going. I had credits left over from last year which applied to my son's ticket and my sister and I did the "friends fly free" so we are both going to Orlando, nonstop for $267 round trip, for both of us!
MJames41 you are from my neighbor state!:D

I saw that rate also as an internet rate but decided not to book it. Which was okay....glad you were able to get the great rate...it was only on their site for a few days!!!!

well not really "totally free" pretty princess....unless you have come up with some plan to avoid the "security tax" of up to 10$ roundtrip per person

4nana, Unfortunately you'll be waiting until probably August 15th or 16th for the dates beyond December 14th to open up... I know it's frustrating... I think if you watch the internet sites (like Travelocity, etc..) you'll be able to find the flights at a good price. On a side note, if you are looking at the Travelocity emails, you'd do better to confirm you dates/pricing on Travelocity & then go directly to the airlines website to book directly with them, sometimes you'll even get a discount going direct!!

Southwest gave us a fare for $50 each way from St. Louis to Orlando Nov. 30 - Dec 14. Total price for two round-trip tickets with tax and all was $227.00

That's hard to beat! We'll have to drive from KC to St. Louis, but for the savings, it was worth it.

We're flying southwest for the 1st time this Oct got the "friends fly free" special for $476 for four of us, thats $119 R/T, Providence to Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter