Just got a call for an In-room security inspection

We had no issues on our stay in May. Never saw another human being in our wing of SSR (we joked we might be the only ones in the building). Never saw any housekeepers until our check out day, passing them in the hall. I know they came in our room each day because the trash was gone when we returned. There was one day where I though there was a knock but wasn't sure, then the door opened, hit the SECURITY BAR (all caps because you should use it when in your room regardless of security checks) and then they went away never to return.

for me, SECURITY BAR is a misnomer. Should be called Keep housekeeping out until I am ready bar. I agree, it should be used.

When you make a reservation via a phone call with CRO, does the CM read those terms and conditions to you? I haven’t made a call to book a CRO room in many years, so I am curious. Maybe the terms and conditions are included in the confirmation email they send you? What happens when someone books using a third party? Maybe they tell you in MDE somewhere, or when you check in at the front desk? Thanks.

I'm not sure, to be honest. I know this won't be popular, but I don't see it as any different than buying anything over the phone or on line. It is up to the purchaser to know what they are getting. I wouldn't order something over the phone from Target and think they need to read me all of their return policy, or all of the exclusions they have.

Used most of the time, with the exception of when my daughter and her friend or my husband were out of the unit for short periods. Didn’t feel courteous to me to use a “security” bar that a family member could not open.
I’d like to add I do the same thing at locales other than disney as well.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who always used that bar before all of this? I am much more comfortable with the latched engaged, and always have been.

Of course not. But to have someone attempt to open it and then the loud sound it makes would absolutely wake me if I were sleeping, and if I’m woken up suddenly I can’t go back to sleep. Or if I were having relations with my husband, that would certainly kill the mood. It gets complicated when one person wants to sleep and the other needs to leave the room. It’s really not hard to understand why the latch is not a solution to this issue.

Thanks everyone for the replies! Sorry I habe not checked in, we have been busy here the last couple of days :earboy2: After I made the original post, I found out my DH put the occupied on the door because he and my son went to the pool early and I was sleeping in for a bit. Two hours after the call (and sign had been removed) no one had come to the room for a check. We finally left the room and they did empty the trash at some point. At least I now know they are being thorough which makes me feel even safer here. Btw, we are in room 5354 (quite a haul from everything else) which is one of those reclassified Savannna view rooms. There is more dirt and some type of round pen below us, but we have seen all the animals on the Savannah, and the Red River Hogs Pen is below us. We have watched the CM’s let the animals out in the morning, and can hear them talking to each other and the animals which is pretty entertaining. I tried uploading a pic from my phone and it says the file is too large‍♀️

Have been at the BWI for 10 days and have not had one issue. We slept in two days and had the sign on the door then one day I was sick and kept the sign on until after 1pm and was not disturbed once. We did have service every day.

Maybe it depends on Housekeeping's schedule? I've noticed that people often say that they tend to come mornings or afternoons. Of course if you're out during their time for your room, you won't be bothered. But if you're sleeping or whatever during your time then you might be. Maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter