Just For Fun...Tell me how long your drive is to Disneyland

About 6 hours, but always takes us closer to 8 with food stops and traffic.
What are these food stops you speak of???

hehehhee. We generally make one stop in each direction, potty stop and switch drivers. Going down, daughter will drive to Santa Clarita (4-4.5 hours) and I will take it from there thru LA (simply because I have more patience with traffic and I don't handle her road rage well.). Going back, I take it to Tulare (about 4 hours) and she takes it from there. Google says 5:40, but it varies with LA traffic.

ETA - My son says they have to stop 3-5 times for potty stops. I ask why as when I have grandkids they know I don't stop, and they know when I say GO, they better go.

What are these food stops you speak of???

hehehhee. We generally make one stop in each direction, potty stop and switch drivers. Going down, daughter will drive to Santa Clarita (4-4.5 hours) and I will take it from there thru LA (simply because I have more patience with traffic and I don't handle her road rage well.). Going back, I take it to Tulare (about 4 hours) and she takes it from there. Google says 5:40, but it varies with LA traffic.

ETA - My son says they have to stop 3-5 times for potty stops. I ask why as when I have grandkids they know I don't stop, and they know when I say GO, they better go.

We get cranky if we don't eat! :rotfl2: Our standard lunch stop is the Denny's in Lost Hills, and there are usually bathroom stops before or after. When we went in November, we left on a Friday after work. Waze routed us down 101 and then had us cut over to I-5 later to avoid traffic. We stopped at a Subway and ate in the car to save time. We did the Denny's stop on the way back, which was Thanksgiving Day. Nothing says Thanksgiving like a turkey sandwich at a Denny's in the middle nowhere!

Google map says 31 hours is the quickest route. If my sister’s doctor doesn’t release her to fly, I may have to actually do the drive next year so she can go to the parks again.

That's a pretty 'sweet spot' to be in, equal distance! We're 440 miles and 6.5 - 7 hrs to DLR in our car, but 2980 miles and 56 hours spread over 7 days (towing our trailer) to WDW.
You must live somewhere in my vicinity-ish. I was thinking the same thing! DH doesn't get enough vacation days for driving to WDW to be an option (I'm a teacher, so I do in the summer!). Maybe one day. It would definitely be cool to be able to feasibly drive to both!

You must live somewhere in my vicinity-ish. I was thinking the same thing! DH doesn't get enough vacation days for driving to WDW to be an option (I'm a teacher, so I do in the summer!). Maybe one day. It would definitely be cool to be able to feasibly drive to both!

I'm east of Sack-a-Tomatoes.

It's a pretty fun drive. We've driven different routes there and back via I-80, I-90, I-40, I-70, & I-10 then cut south to WDW on other interstates, they're all about the same distance. We've made 'recuperation' side trips after WDW to the Smokies, Yellowstone, and this last one was to the Keys. For 2023 we're going to a place near Chattanooga that DH really wants to see. Really though, RVing + retirement is what makes those side trips possible. We're normally gone 6-8 weeks.

It takes us a week because we drive slower due to towing & limiting daily distance to around 450 miles, in a car you could probably make it in 4-5 days if you were up to 10 hour days @ 70-80 mph.

We are just south of you (Modesto) and when WDW reopened, we seriously considered an RV run (none of us were willing to fly.) We had 4 drivers and 2 wait staff, but never got around to it.

We are just south of you (Modesto) and when WDW reopened, we seriously considered an RV run (none of us were willing to fly.) We had 4 drivers and 2 wait staff, but never got around to it.

If it's still a possibility for you, I highly recommend doing it. With 4 drivers you could make it in 1/2 the time it takes us. Even our dog loves the trip. FtW is the best RV park we've ever stayed at. It's (almost) worth the drive in and of itself. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but it is the best park we've stayed at.

roughly 7 hours according to Google assuming I don't hit traffic at either end.

Google Maps says 6hrs and 40 minutes, but I've definitely done it in 5hrs when I was much younger and trusted my tires too much :ssst:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter