Just for fun, Poly studios, what would you change

They should get rid of the rain shower and extra sink, and knock down that wall to make one big bathroom. That way we can stretch our legs when using the toilet.

I may be wrong, but I thought I heard in order to do 1, and 2 bedrooms they would have had to replace and upgrade the main sewer line going to Poly. This would have slowed things down and cost more $$. I could be wrong. It won’t be the first time.
I'm guessing that was the reason why, they probably would have had to replace the whole sewer main to the street. And if the sewer main in the street wasn't big enough, they would have had to replace that. Also since the sewer was installed in the 70's, I'm guessing they didn't want to open up a can of worms and have to shut down the who hotel if a problem cam up during construction with the sewer.

It's really to bad they didn't take the time to invest in a sewer upgrade because they could have made so much more money with the 1 & 2 bedrooms with a newer and taller building. But this might have taken away from the resort as well, if they put in a 5 or 6 story Tiki themed building.

It's really to bad they didn't take the time to invest in a sewer upgrade because they could have made so much more money with the 1 & 2 bedrooms with a newer and taller building. But this might have taken away from the resort as well, if they put in a 5 or 6 story Tiki themed building.

The original late-60s plans included a Waikiki-style then-modern tower, and I'm so glad they didn't do that. A taller building would alter the character of the whole resort. The longhouses are just perfect!

I think the resort is beautiful. I did love staying in the studios and we were lucky to get too attached ones so it felt so roomie with all of us and we didn’t miss the kitchen because we always eat out. But it would be nice to have a two bedroom with the kitchen just for breakfast in the morning.

This may be unpopular, but they need to completely overhaul the decor and color palette. We've never stayed there specifically because every picture or video I see of the rooms is such a turn-off. Would rather see a bright, fresh Polynesian theme than the 60s/70s iteration that's there now. So dark and kinda blah. It seems as though those older than my generation love the theming because it's nostalgic, but I think it's time to try to appeal to the next generations, too.

If they re-decorate to look like the new Moana-inspired rooms in the rest of the resort, we might be more apt to to book there.

I would love to see some drawers added. No dresser was a big oversight on Disney's part. I thought that the reason they went with the all studio decision was to satisfy the problem of studios being the 1st to book up at every other resort.

This may be unpopular, but they need to completely overhaul the decor and color palette. We've never stayed there specifically because every picture or video I see of the rooms is such a turn-off. Would rather see a bright, fresh Polynesian theme than the 60s/70s iteration that's there now. So dark and kinda blah. It seems as though those older than my generation love the theming because it's nostalgic, but I think it's time to try to appeal to the next generations, too.

If they re-decorate to look like the new Moana-inspired rooms in the rest of the resort, we might be more apt to to book there.
Wow I had not seen the new Moana rooms. I am not thrilled with those at all. I like the classic Poly rooms, like the DVC style. That new room has way too much white in it. If you removed the Moana on the TV the room would look similar to every other room on site. I do like the headboards. I like that they are going to non carpeted floors, but I do not like the floors they chose for that room. The wood needs to be a darker richer color. The single bed is nice, looks like the cruise line type style.

Wow I had not seen the new Moana rooms. I am not thrilled with those at all. I like the classic Poly rooms, like the DVC style. That new room has way too much white in it. If you removed the Moana on the TV the room would look similar to every other room on site. I do like the headboards. I like that they are going to non carpeted floors, but I do not like the floors they chose for that room. The wood needs to be a darker richer color. The single bed is nice, looks like the cruise line type style.
Yeah, I definitely think different people have different styles. I actually prefer the light wood tones and crisp whites.

eah, I definitely think different people have different styles. I actually prefer the light wood tones and crisp whites.
Check out the Riviera, we were lucky enough to snag a room there and they were beautiful. Full of crisp whites and light (white) wood. But since they already have that resort, no use turning the Poly into it as well.

The washer and dryer would be a great feature since there are no 1 and 2 bedrooms there.

I am sure we will see the pull down Murphy beds added during hard goods.

I agree with adding a washer and dryer, although I don't think that will happen.

I also agree about the pull down Murphy bed/couch combo. I'll miss the bird artwork that hangs above the couch.

I do like that there is storage under the bed both in drawer form and space for luggage. I do think the drawers are a bit of a challenge to access. I wouldn't want to lose the dedicated table, though, and if they added a dresser, the table would probably be what would be removed. I believe that happened at Saratoga Springs in the studio refurbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter