Just for fun, Poly studios, what would you change

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
We are new owners of a Poly resale contract and while we love the resort as is, we are excited to see what is in store for the upcoming soft goods refurb and eventual hard goods refurb. I recently saw a question posed asking about the tubs at Poly studios and if they were soaking and it got me thinking, what opportunities are there at the Poly studios to enhance them further to make them stand out even more among the DVC studios. A soaking tub in that big bathroom could be one. Me personally, I would love if they could configure the space to include a stackable washer and dryer (stealing some space from that giant bathroom maybe?). What would you do?

We are new owners of a Poly resale contract and while we love the resort as is, we are excited to see what is in store for the upcoming soft goods refurb and eventual hard goods refurb. I recently saw a question posed asking about the tubs at Poly studios and if they were soaking and it got me thinking, what opportunities are there at the Poly studios to enhance them further to make them stand out even more among the DVC studios. A soaking tub in that big bathroom could be one. Me personally, I would love if they could configure the space to include a stackable washer and dryer (stealing some space from that giant bathroom maybe?). What would you do?
They could pretty easily put a washer/dryer in that giant bathroom and still have space for a nicer tub.

I also hope when they refurb the rooms they get better couches. Those cushions are so annoying. Every time I want to sit down I’m shoving the cushions back into the couch.

although I would not really like the solution to the couches to be a pull-down bed. I think a pull-down would take away from the floor space and sort of “loom” over the room given the narrow floor plan.

I really like Poly...it would be nice if they could've included a toilet in the smaller bathroom. The bigger bathroom seems to have a lot of wasted space so I would've taken some of that space and done two full bathrooms (kept one tub, one stall shower). Or as others have mentioned, use the wasted space for a stacking washer/dryer.

I was going to say couches too. They are so scratchy and uncomfortable. They also don’t have enough depth to feel comfortable when trying to relax. That’s my only complaint about the studios. I love those rooms.

I also hope when they refurb the rooms they get better couches. Those cushions are so annoying. Every time I want to sit down I’m shoving the cushions back into the couch.

although I would not really like the solution to the couches to be a pull-down bed. I think a pull-down would take away from the floor space and sort of “loom” over the room given the narrow floor plan.
I’m betting they put in the Murphy beds which I personally love trading in a pull out for a second real mattress. They don’t seem to take up too much space
I really like Poly...it would be nice if they could've included a toilet in the smaller bathroom. The bigger bathroom seems to have a lot of wasted space so I would've taken some of that space and done two full bathrooms (kept one tub, one stall shower). Or as others have mentioned, use the wasted space for a stacking washer/dryer.

that bathroom does have a lot of wasted space! I feel like there is so much lost potential!

The stupid wasted space in the bathroom. That was not designed well at all. Could use that extra space in the room. I also hate that there is no drawer space due to the pull down, mini bed. That was a really dumb design. Where are we supposed to put our clothes? I hate living out of a suitcase. We are supposed to be "home". LOL

I think there were some serious plumbing issues when they were converting the Poly from hotel rooms to DVC. They might have been limited by code on how many bathrooms they could put in each room and might not have been allowed to put a washing machine in each room. I agree that the shower bathroom has a lot of wasted space, to bad they didn't want to spend the money to do it the right way.

The stupid wasted space in the bathroom. That was not designed well at all. Could use that extra space in the room. I also hate that there is no drawer space due to the pull down, mini bed. That was a really dumb design. Where are we supposed to put our clothes? I hate living out of a suitcase. We are supposed to be "home". LOL
You are so right! We live out of suitcases there and I am a fan of unpacking when there are drawers to use. With so much space how can there be so little places to put your things?!

I think there were some serious plumbing issues when they were converting the Poly from hotel rooms to DVC. They might have been limited by code on how many bathrooms they could put in each room and might not have been allowed to put a washing machine in each room. I agree that the shower bathroom has a lot of wasted space, to bad they didn't want to spend the money to do it the right way.
Makes sense! Seems like I hear a lot about plumbing/water issues at Poly but maybe I am just thinking of when there is heavy rains/winds and people report it coming in from the outside doors.

I think washer/dryers should be removed from all DVC rooms.
I always seem to hear them in the middle of the night churning away!

I‘ll think I’ll just stay in the Poly from now on!

Makes sense! Seems like I hear a lot about plumbing/water issues at Poly but maybe I am just thinking of when there is heavy rains/winds and people report it coming in from the outside doors.
No, there were all lot of plumbing backups when the Poly DVC rooms first opened up, took them a few months to figure it all out. Even the bungalows had issues with plumbing.

My idea of ideal (We travel just the 2 of us) wouldn’t work for bigger families but if I could design a perfect studio, I would have it be like a NYC studio apartment. A very small full kitchen with just the basic pot and pans. A stackable washer and dryer and a bedroom/living room combo with a full sized dresser.
Kind of like what Disney did with Rivera but bigger.

When I stayed in the Poly studios, I couldn't find any USB ports for my cell phone. I had to plug my phone in across the room. I'll admit that someone told me later that there were outlets in the tables next to the bed. Since I'm not usually blind, maybe it would be nice if they were easier to be seen.

No, there were all lot of plumbing backups when the Poly DVC rooms first opened up, took them a few months to figure it all out. Even the bungalows had issues with plumbing.
I may be wrong, but I thought I heard in order to do 1, and 2 bedrooms they would have had to replace and upgrade the main sewer line going to Poly. This would have slowed things down and cost more $$. I could be wrong. It won’t be the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter