Just for fun - best and worst meal you had at WDW

Best is a tough one, probably a tie between California Grill and Jiko. Worst would be Mama Melrose, it was Olive Garden quality.

Best: Kona's Cafe. The food is just amazing, and after a week of deep-fried-all-sorts, it feels so healthy.

The worst: Didn't really have a bad meal at Disney. We were kind of disappointed once at Flame Tree.
Everything was just a bit to burned. Maybe the cooks had a Blegh-day.

Best: Fulton's. Best meal of our last trip! Steak and crabs legs....Drool! So bummed it's going to be closed for our trip this year :sad:

Worst: Tied between Rainforest Cafe (AK) and Planet Hollywood. Both just bleh :crazy2:

Hands down worst meal ever was at Tokyo Dining. Went there at the request of others in my family. Was told that the ONLY gluten free option was steamed vegetables and white rice. And that's exactly what they brought me. STEAMED onion, carrot, zucchini and mushrooms with no seasoning whatsoever aside from a dish of tamari (gluten free soy sauce). What self respecting restaurant serves unseasoned steamed onions and mushrooms? Gag. And an expensive gag at that.

I've only had 1 trip so I haven't been to a lot of places, but it is the following from where we went in December:

Best - Be Our Guest dinner (best french onion soup ever)
Worst - Chef Mickeys (food was cold, was more like cafeteria food and tasted horrible)

Last trip was earlier this month. I had the QSDP but met up with friends for two TS meals.

Table Service
Best-The Wave-I had the grilled fish and it was delicious! Everyone enjoyed their meal here.

Worst-Via Napoli-My pizza was fine but we waited almost a hour past our ADR time. It was cold and misty out and the teensy waiting area was so packed that I opted to don my poncho and stand outside in the weather for part of the time. Our server was very meh as well, spending a ton of time with the table of cheerleaders next to us and very little on his other tables. I had to hunt him down to get a refill of my water.

Quick Service
Best-Lunch at Be Our Guest, the pork dish really hit the spot on a chilly afternoon and I very much prefer real dishes and flatware. Here's a tip-book a 2:30 lunch and you may find the place much, much quieter and a more pleasant dining environment. It really empties out.

Worst-Sassagoula Floatworks food court at Port Orleans French Quarter. I found it dark and dingy and the selection small and not all that appetizing. I certainly hope that nobody judges Louisiana cooking by what's on offer there!

Best: Hands down Fulton's Crab House. A favorite of EVERYONE (kids included) in our party. The CHILDREN asked to cancel a Cinderella's Royal Table meal for another at Fulton's. OBviously we were thrilled to do so. Ate there three times last trip!

Worst: Hollywood and Vine and Chef Mickey are tied for this honor.

Best: Portobello, 'Ohana dinner and honorable mention to Olivia's.
Worst: Tusker House breakfast (loved the characters, hated the food) and Tony's lunch (just blah). We were not impressed with either one.

Reading the responses, I am really disappointed that Fulton's will be closed during our trip this year!

Best: Yatchsman and Narcoosee's. Honorably mention for Citrico's, Raglan Road, Tutto Italia.

Worst: Chef Mickeys. Never again. Granted, I don't much like buffet and I will only ever consider going to a breakfast at one when my daughter wants to do the character thing. It was awful, and the interactions with the characters were rushed - stop for a photo, move on kind of thing.

In between - we had some mediocre food, we had some really good food there. I try not to order something that I think is "too ambitious" for a restaurant level, and I avoid most counter food with few exceptions.

Best- one of the dinners for 2 at La Hacienda/EPCOT

Worst- nasty shrimp pasta from Sci Fi. Why didn't I get the burger? I don't know! Don't make the same mistake!

:goodvibes:

We have not been to any signature restaurants but best was a tie between BOG dinner and Chefs de France dinner - both were fantastic

Worst was O'hana - plenty of food but everything tasted very bland, like buffet quality

I chuckle when I see topics like this because food experiences are so subjective (though that fact doesn't invalidate the criticisms) and any restaurant can have an off night or two. Still, it's fun to read the comments and hard to resist joining in. . .so I will. ;)

Worst: Without doubt our very worst meal ever at Disney was Monsieur Paul about a year ago. While I've had worse food and worse service, I've rarely had sub-par food and service like we had that night. Additionally, the highly touted ambiance was nowhere to be found that night which put a real damper on the evening. That MP is called a Signature restaurant made the poor meal experience that much worse. While it may have been on off night, the sum of events ensures we'll not go back any time soon if at all.

Best: Victoria & Albert's. While perhaps it shouldn't count, there was no distinction made by the OP. Immaculate service, beautiful and delicious food, and ambiance to spare.

Best: Flying Fish (Char-crusted Angus New York Strip Steak) or Il Mulino (Rigatoni Con Funghi)

Worst: Hollywood & Vine breakfast

I will preface this by saying my selections are not based on the quality of the food but my experience.

Favorite - Biergarten. I enjoy everything about this place. Great entertainment, great beer & great for children. This is a must every trip for my family.

Worst - Chef Mickeys. It was way to loud & I felt rushed out of the restaurant. Many other character meals I would rather eat at. Best friends breakfast at the Poly for instance.

Man. Best is hard. Sanaa, Biergarten, and Cape May all tie, I think. If I could construct a perfect WDW meal, it would the bread service from Sanaa, with some spicy Durban shrimp, the mac n cheese and tomato salad from Biergarten, the cheese boards from Biergarten and Cape May, and the mussels from Cape May. And the Chai Tea dessert from Sanaa.

Worst – Chefs de France. The fish was WAY too fishy. The bread was gross. I ate my fries and swore to never return. And, I am not a picky, fussy eater. It was just gross. Second in line was anything at Electric Umbrella. Dirty, gross, cold, and fried. Ew.

TS

Best- Boma breakfast. Both times we've been there the food has been excellent. They had some sort of bread pudding which was amazing and I ate my weight in it.
Worst- 1900 Park Fare dinner. Food selection poor and kind of bland. I actually thought Chef Mickeys had better grub and that's saying something! I can't fault the character interaction though.

QS

Best- Split between Landscape Of Flavours at AOA and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot. Both have great food with no chicken nuggets in sight. AOA's Make Your Own Pasta bowl was huge and really tasty. I preferred it to POR's effort which was a bit bland and meh. Sunshine Season's rotisserie chicken was tender, juicy and absolutely delicious.
Worst- Split between Goods To Go at OKW and Everything POP! Goods To Go had poor food quality and the refillable mug station had a huge wasp problem. Everything POP had incredibly slow service and chicken nuggets that tasted like they had been under a heat lamp for an hour. Even at 10pm I don't expect heat lamp nuggets.

My last trip was last June. The worst was definitely Chef Mickey's. We were so disappointed with the whole underwhelming experience for that price. On all previous trips, we have loved it and it was a tradition. No more.

The best- we only had QS meals outside of Chef Mickey's on this trip. I think the best was BOG lunch.

Ironically, my best and worst is the California Grill. It was always a must do for us. We went right after the remodel and the meal and service was awful. So disappointed. Decided to give it a another chance this past June and it was hands down the best meal we ever had there or anywhere else in all our trips. Just goes to show I guess, that any place can have a bad night. Next best was Fultons this past June also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter