Just curious

Lost boy

Mouseketeer
We own at both OKW and SSR equal number of points but are finding that over the years we only stay at OKW. So, we book OKW at 11-months and at 7-months we combine the SSR points to get new res at OKW extending our stay as long as we can. Would like at this point to have all our points at OKW to make one res at 11-months and be done with it. Other than selling our SSR contract and purchasing another OKW contract are there any other options?

No. Other than renting out your SSR points and then using said money to rent OKw points. If you really want them all at OKW at 11 months you need to sell the SSR points.

Actually, since we've retired, we've been going the first two weeks in Dec to OKW, at 11 months I can put 15 consecutive days together easily at 7 months I haven't been able to do that, this past Dec we were only able to get 13 days together and that didn't come together until Sept. All in the same 1bdrm room without moving.

Well good news is you should be able to flip ssr for okw and turn a profit since okw is even lower then ssr points atm. Granted higher dues but cheaper resale for sure. However don’t forget, if your SSR points are direct and you sale them then you will loose your direct benefits unless your current OKW points were direct and enough points to award you direct benefits when you bought them.

Our OKW points are a mix with only 50 being direct, how many needed to receive
benefits?

Flipping one for the other would be costly with closing costs and fees on both contracts, too bad Disney wouldn't just do a trade. We're doing the banking this year with all our points at SSR but would really prefer to stay at OKW, we'll look at the 7-month mark to see if we can switch our stay.

This isn't necessarily true; it depends when you bought direct. If the OP bought resale before April 2016, they would have all the benefits. I can't remember the exact dates that Disney changed the points needed for benefits, but at one point it was only 25 points.
Thats fair I read the question as if OP didn’t have direct benefits yet. If you already have benefits it’d really depend on when you bought your points to qualify and that’ll determine which contracts you can offload without losing benefits.

There’s a nice loaded OKW contract on the market right now for $60pp… get that SSR contract listed!

I'd have to dig out my OKW contracts, 50 was direct and 100 resale, all SSR are direct. Thanks for all the comments.

I'm not sure yet, haven't located my resale contract yet. I'll try to lock it down today. Would like to see where that loaded OKW contract for $60 is listed.

Our OKW points are a mix with only 50 being direct, how many needed to receive
benefits?

This isn't necessarily true; it depends when you bought direct. If the OP bought resale before April 2016, they would have all the benefits. I can't remember the exact dates that Disney changed the points needed for benefits, but at one point it was only 25 points.

I'd have to dig out my OKW contracts, 50 was direct and 100 resale, all SSR are direct. Thanks for all the comments.
If your direct OKW was pre 2017 or so, those 50 would be enough to keep direct benefits. We bought in early 2017 and at that time was only 25 points direct needed to have benefits.

Thanks, I'm sure my 50 OKW direct was pre-2017. I will be booking a trip soon using my 2023 points so will have to sort through my options and make a decision before my 2024 points are loaded.

April 4, 2016. Any contract purchased (including pending resales already submitted to DVC for ROFR) prior to this date are grandfathered in for Membership Extras.
February 25, 2018. Minimum raised to 75.

@Lost boy : My vacation and booking patterns are very similar to yours! About a 3rd of our points are at OKW but we end up using all our points there because it's our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter