Just Checked Into Aulani!

I would just like to thank you for all of the information and input you provided. We are going to Aulani in August, I gave the information on your dining recommendations to my daughter and my son, this way they have some options for when they and their significant others go out for a nice meal. This will be my third trip but we have never been to the Kualoa Ranch but we are making a point to go this trip. Again thank you for taking the time to do this report.

Random Aulani advice as we get ready to fly home!

1. Watch the moon set over the water at least once, even though it’s late.
2. Splurge a little on dining if budget allows. Breakfast and lunch at the Four Seasons is really good.
3. Park on level L of the parking structure. Easier to get in and out.
4. Lock you car doors when visiting tourist sites!
5. Don’t bother bringing magic bands. No one seems to know if they’ll ever be used here.
6. If you’re planning on coming here more than once, start a tradition! Or two, or three! We like getting a new pin for our key card lanyards each time, among many other things.
7.Leaving the light on in the shower makes for a good night light, especially for the one bedrooms.
8. Seek out and appreciate the amazing detail suffused throughout this place! The number of animals carved into the concrete rock work of the volcano and lazy river is very impressive. I dare you to find them all. And there are all sorts of interesting ancient looking Hawaiian images that light up at night and appear in the pathways around the pool.
9. A half day drive around the southern tip of the island is totally worth it.
10. Try something you’d never consider elsewhere, like stand up paddle boarding! That red catamaran that sits on the beach goes out multiple times during the day. Looks like a blast! I think we’re going to try it next time!

3. YES! Definitely the easiest way out.

5. We were able to use our magic bands for everything when we were there March 25 through April 3. Room, Ulu, Oleo Room, towels, etc.

7. Same for the 2 bedrooms.

10. Definitely agree! We took family surf lessons on the North Shore once. This last trip we went out in a Shark Cage. And definitely try shaved ice the Hawaiian way!
It's been 5 years since we were at the Aulani - should we bring our DL lanyards with us? It's too bad they don't use magic bands - those are great, especially since they are waterproof.
Don't lose hope! We were able to use our magic bands everywhere when we were there March 25 through April 3. The employees there don't know much about them, but they did work for us!

When you upload your negative COVID test to Hawaii safe travels site, how long does it take to get your email back with QR code. Just curious from someone that has recently traveled

Flight was at 12:30 pm on Saturday. We uploaded our negative results on Thursday morning. Friday at 12:30 we did the health questionnaire on the Hawaii Safe Travels site. We got our QR Code within 5 minutes of doing the health survey.

When you upload your negative COVID test to Hawaii safe travels site, how long does it take to get your email back with QR code. Just curious from someone that has recently traveled
As mentioned above, you can upload your negative test result whenever you get it, but the site won't send you a QR code until you complete the health questionnaire, which you can't do until 24 hours prior to your departure time. Once you fill it out, the QR code is automatically sent.

Just thought of something else. When you check in, you might want to request express checkout. If you check your charges on the Aulani app (it’s one actually useful feature!) and everything is ok, you can just lock your door and leave. Convenient!

There are literally dozens of critters in the rocks.....I could’ve spent a week in that lazy river finding them all!! 😍
I know! I just think the seal and hammerhead might be a little more difficult to find. All the carvings remind me of the Tree Of Life at Animal Kingdom, but the work is a tad more subtle and feels more handcrafted.

Check for reservations on Open Table. Not sure if anything's changed, but when we were there, the waits at Monkeypod got long but there was full reservation availability through Open Table. Twice we were sat during dinner hour with no wait using reservations we had made minutes before on Open Table. They have a great happy hour, nice atmosphere, and some unique farm to table offerings.
I called Monkeypod last week and they said they weren't taking reservations any longer. I hope the girl was wrong!

I called Monkeypod last week and they said they weren't taking reservations any longer. I hope the girl was wrong!

When my wife and I were at Aulani last week, I also checked open table and there were zero reservations available. It’s always fun going If there‘s no wait, but just not worth waiting in line for. The current menu is limited and just ok.

They are still on Open Table, but as PP mentioned, it looks like they have it set so there's no availability to book anything. I just spot checked random dates in the future and it shows nothing, so they must have availability turned off. My guess is that its a temporary Covid change because if they were discontinuing reservations for good, I'd think they would have removed themselves from Open Table entirely. I imagine they pay to be on there.

Monkey Pod was not taking reservations when we were there the last week of March. We were told that they will not take reservations for the foreseeable future.

Did you happen to take a photos of the restaurant menus at the Four Seasons? I looked them online but wondering about pricing. Hopefully Ama Ama will be open by the time we visit.
I haven't been able to find when Ama Ama will be reopening yet.

Oh wow... Just checked in. Got my answer on my question from earlier...got it was we were screened at the airport. And there was no separate line for Aulani guest.

Some people say they brought them to Aulani and somehow they worked. I just got back and no one was using them, talking about them, or selling them. Many cast members don’t seem to know what they are.
Did I see that magic bands are working? Can anyone confirm?
They worked for us when we were there at the end of March into April. As Paul mentioned, no one really uses them (didn't see anyone with them besides us!), no one talks about them, and they don't sell them. Also agree that many CMs don't know that they are even usable there- you have to educate them, though some (like our cashier at Ulu) were familiar with them and just directed us how to pay with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter