• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just cancelled September trip

TiggerDoc

Earning My Ears
This wasn't a tough decision..Disney pretty much made it for me.
I am a DVC member of 10 years and the March trip was cancelled because the park was closed so I booked a September trip with points. Since I reside in New York state there is the remote possibility that the quarantine might still be in effect..strike 1...no guarantee of park admission with a DVC reservation...strike 2..no park hopping ..strike 3. Not to mention many restaurants might not be open..and imagine wearing a mask with the heat and humidity. Don't see much of that Disney magic .Cancelling now allowed me to bank the points before the window closes in July. We all know and expect a Disney Vacation to be pricey. But the cost /value is positive which is why we all keep coming back. But with the restrictions the equation is way out of whack.
I have a reservation for the first week of December booked for cash thru Dreamsunlimited...I am hoping all the magic will be back by then because I really don't want to cancel that trip.

Similar TiggerDoc
Except we are brand new DVC members single Mama 4 kiddos bought past Easter Haven’t been yet. Had a two week August trip planned including Discovery Cove.. when things started getting cancelled I quickly booked a backup trip for Christmas., have 3 nights booked as of now rest offsite and willl only do DC and sea world over Christnas if that trip happens and look at a week Disney trip in May maybe? Also Canadian so we have the border to deal with and my 2 biggest kiddos are starting college and grade 9 this year so harder to coordinate schedules.. sigh .. I know it’s not just me ha ha but it feels like only I could make such a big purchase and then have no idea when I can use lol

This wasn't a tough decision..Disney pretty much made it for me.
I am a DVC member of 10 years and the March trip was cancelled because the park was closed so I booked a September trip with points. Since I reside in New York state there is the remote possibility that the quarantine might still be in effect..strike 1...no guarantee of park admission with a DVC reservation...strike 2..no park hopping ..strike 3. Not to mention many restaurants might not be open..and imagine wearing a mask with the heat and humidity. Don't see much of that Disney magic .Cancelling now allowed me to bank the points before the window closes in July. We all know and expect a Disney Vacation to be pricey. But the cost /value is positive which is why we all keep coming back. But with the restrictions the equation is way out of whack.
I have a reservation for the first week of December booked for cash thru Dreamsunlimited...I am hoping all the magic will be back by then because I really don't want to cancel that trip.

We just made September reservations for 11 days with points. We have no desire to go to the parks so it was an easy decision, I already made a couple dinner reservations on Open Table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter