Just came back from an amazing trip!! Quick reviews

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Just came back from an amazing trip!

A few reviews to share:

1) Resort: We rented DVC points from Davids for a standard view 2 BR at BLT. This was our first time renting points through Davids and our first time staying at BLT.
-Our room was AMAZING-we scored a free upgrade to a theme park view room on the 7th floor!!!!!! We could see everything from our balcony: monorail, castle, space mountain, bay lake! Perfect fireworks view every night & we could even see the electric water parade!
-The room itself was huge and had a great layout. 3 bathrooms, 2 balconies, beautiful furniture & decor
-I now completely understand why people pay for the convenience of the monorail and/or walking to MK. Travel was a breeze.
-Even though we didn't pay for the upgrade, Theme park view is totally worth it with little kids. Watching the fireworks from our balcony in our pajamas, as opposed to the crowded park and hectic exit from the park at the end was so convenient!
-The Kids Community Hall at BLT was so fun! Lots of fun toys, the cast members were great, free snacks, and my girls were even surprised one night with a visit from Peter Pan, who played with them for a long time, giving them individualized attention-what a special treat for them!
-The front desk cast members were amazing!! We forgot to add on the DDP, and the CM went out of his way to assist us.
-BLT still has individual soaps and shampoos!

2) Restaurants/Meals: We mostly ate character meals & buffets for dinner.
-I'm on a restricted diet, due to food sensitivities, and not someone who likes to make a big deal out of it. I found that most restaurants had choices I could eat, and were happy to omit ingredients when asked. One restaurant even gave me a special dessert I could eat without my even requesting it.
-Best character meal was definitely Akershus. The format of the character meets were definitely the most organized and made it so we didn't have to hang around waiting for the characters to come before heading up to the buffet. They all sort of came in one shot. The princesses were very in character and gave individualized attention to my girls, yet didn't linger too long.
-Worst character meal was Hollywood and Vine. Character interaction seemed disorganized and indifferent.

3) Parks: Crowds were low until Thursday, my guess because we were approaching the long weekend. Prior to Thursday, changing last minute FP+ was a breeze and most everything was less than a 30 minute wait.
-The only show I was disappointed in was the Frozen sing a long at DHS. The volume was way too loud & I expected more Elsa and Anna, instead of just those random characters. The finale with the snow was fun.

All in all, it was an amazing trip!!!! :)

Last edited:
I agree with your Frozen assessment. And here is what cracks me up, it is not like they are played by well known actresses that you would pay more for their time.

Sounds like a great trip overall!

I have tried to get my family to stay at BLT, but the increased cost and lack of theming (compared to AKL) where we stay keeps them away.

Sounds like a great trip overall!

I have tried to get my family to stay at BLT, but the increased cost and lack of theming (compared to AKL) where we stay keeps them away.

It was a tough call, because we stayed at AKV last trip (renting DVC points) and it was heaven!! We loved everything about AKV, from the food to the room to the awesome spray park, but BLT's location could not be beat . :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter