Just booked the week of july 27 anybody else going to be there

imlsherman

Mouseketeer
So I just booked the family vacation for the week of July 27. This time I have invited the extended family as well still waiting to hear form them. My wife and our two girls have gone to Disney a lot on our own but never with extended family any tips from those of you that have done this? We will be staying at OKW and I am thinking that we will just do studios for everyone instead of sharing a three bedroom. Any thoughts or feedback would be great and most does with a large family too. Thank you all in advance.

We have brought my parents and also my MIL. My advice is to not rush. My MIL wanted to take her time and look around a lot. We wanted to show her everything and rushed to do everything. She says now it was all a blur. If she could do it again, she said she would have rather done half as much and gone slower.

We have brought my parents and also my MIL. My advice is to not rush. My MIL wanted to take her time and look around a lot. We wanted to show her everything and rushed to do everything. She says now it was all a blur. If she could do it again, she said she would have rather done half as much and gone slower.

Thanks for the advice. Whenever we go in the summer we always go slower and take more time at the pool to just enjoy family time. I am just worried about everyone getting along for a week and me not going crazy

Don't plan too much and allow it so that people can have time for themselves or their little part of the family without the whole group. We went 2 years ago with all my in-laws and the one thing we did was make sure that all of us had time each day for either alone/separate time so that we didn't get tired of each other or too frustrated or so that one person wasn't the one always in charge.

So as of right now it seems only my MIL is coming with us. Is it rude if I give the rest if the family a deadline?

We'll be there at the same time doing the same thing, come read my PTR.

We are staying OKW July 28 - Aug 3 DH and our 3 kids. We've invited ILs to join us and have 2Bd lock-off HH area. ILs own Hilton timeshares and have elected to stay there instead. It's over by SEa World but the drive isn't bad. We've also invited my sister and she will stay with us. Everyone is on the reservation though incase they change minds since the room does sleep 9.

We've taken my sister (38) to WDW with us before in OCT. we don't know if she's coming yet but I've put her on all our dining. She walks a bit slower due to some medical things, but I think that is good, it slows us down.

We've never done Disney with ILs. They live in FL and have APs and do Disney much differently then we do. They've said they'll do it our way, but I know they aren't rope drop fans like we are. I plan to give them the plan and they can join us whenever they want and I won't fret about it.

With kids we have to do Disney when it's busy. So to cope with the heat we rope drop, get as much done before the heat and crowds and then take a break at lunch, enjoy the pool, DTD, mini-golf etc., and go back when it cools down.

Good luck to you! I want to keep up with your plans- how fun well be there at the same time!

We'll be there at the same time doing the same thing, come read my PTR.

We are staying OKW July 28 - Aug 3 DH and our 3 kids. We've invited ILs to join us and have 2Bd lock-off HH area. ILs own Hilton timeshares and have elected to stay there instead. It's over by SEa World but the drive isn't bad. We've also invited my sister and she will stay with us. Everyone is on the reservation though incase they change minds since the room does sleep 9.

We've taken my sister (38) to WDW with us before in OCT. we don't know if she's coming yet but I've put her on all our dining. She walks a bit slower due to some medical things, but I think that is good, it slows us down.

We've never done Disney with ILs. They live in FL and have APs and do Disney much differently then we do. They've said they'll do it our way, but I know they aren't rope drop fans like we are. I plan to give them the plan and they can join us whenever they want and I won't fret about it.

With kids we have to do Disney when it's busy. So to cope with the heat we rope drop, get as much done before the heat and crowds and then take a break at lunch, enjoy the pool, DTD, mini-golf etc., and go back when it cools down.

Good luck to you! I want to keep up with your plans- how fun well be there at the same time!

How old are your kids? My oldest will be turning five that week and then I have a DD2. We are visiting from NY what about you guys. And as of right now I think it is only my IL coming with us. And I agree with your rope drop plans that is what we do during or summer visits because of the heat.

Ours are older. DD12, DS11, DD8 we are in Wilmington NC but lived on the West coast of FL until June 2011. We did Disney all the time when we lived there. Moving further away we had to adjust how we go and go with the school schedules, especially with them getting older and oldest DD is a nerd and hates to miss school. A trait we love about her but when it comes to planning vacations it can drive me crazy :-)

When Emma (8) was 4 we went in July and learned the hard way the importance of rope drop and breaks. By 11am she was screaming and hitting and just plain nasty to be around. So now we just plan around it.

We went last July and this past December. July is hot however the crowd is nothing compared to the holiday session. Enjoy your planning

We went last July and this past December. July is hot however the crowd is nothing compared to the holiday session. Enjoy your planning

I have to agree. The summer is more spread out where the holiday, be it Dec or Easter is condensed. We don't mind summer, just work around the heat and rain.

imlsherman said:
So I just booked the family vacation for the week of July 27. This time I have invited the extended family as well still waiting to hear form them. My wife and our two girls have gone to Disney a lot on our own but never with extended family any tips from those of you that have done this? We will be staying at OKW and I am thinking that we will just do studios for everyone instead of sharing a three bedroom. Any thoughts or feedback would be great and most does with a large family too. Thank you all in advance.

I found our DW vacation with family a bit stressful because we tried to do rope drop with those that prefer to sleep in and enjoy the nightlife. So go slow let them dictate the pace a bit. Enjoy the time with them. We are doing another family get together for next year at VB or HH just to take the Parks out of the mix and enjoy each other's company.

I will be there too. Doing a split stay July 25 th to aug 3 rd akv and BCV. I'm sure it'll be hot but well be in Disney!!!

We were they last year at the same time and yes it is hot but like you said your in Disney. As long as you do the parks early and then hit the pool mid day and then back to the parks at night it's not that bad. Enjoy your trip

We will also be there 7/27 - 8/3 at OKW. We are coming off the Disney Fantasy cruise - 18 of us. A few of us are flying back home and a few staying. My son and dil will be staying two additional nights at OKW and my friend, dh, and mom will also be staying an additional 4/5 nights - not sure if they are at OKW or SSR.

My dd is currently working at Disney. She is in the CP program. We are staying one night before the cruise to pick her up and staying a week after the cruise to take her home (when she checks-out) = assuming all goes as planned.

We plan on hanging out by the pool and shade most of the day and heading out for dinner/parks late in the afternoon/early eve. We don't have small children - youngest is dd at 20 yrs. old so we do try to avoid going in the summer time now.

We love going with friends and family but we also like our own private space and will stay in multiple studios because of it.

Happy planning!!

We will also be there 7/27 - 8/3 at OKW. We are coming off the Disney Fantasy cruise - 18 of us. A few of us are flying back home and a few staying. My son and dil will be staying two additional nights at OKW and my friend, dh, and mom will also be staying an additional 4/5 nights - not sure if they are at OKW or SSR.

My dd is currently working at Disney. She is in the CP program. We are staying one night before the cruise to pick her up and staying a week after the cruise to take her home (when she checks-out) = assuming all goes as planned.

We plan on hanging out by the pool and shade most of the day and heading out for dinner/parks late in the afternoon/early eve. We don't have small children - youngest is dd at 20 yrs. old so we do try to avoid going in the summer time now.

We love going with friends and family but we also like our own private space and will stay in multiple studios because of it.

Happy planning!!

My DD wants to do the CP program too!! Any tips for her? She will be sophomore in college next year and is planning to apply at the next application period.

My DD wants to do the CP program too!! Any tips for her? She will be sophomore in college next year and is planning to apply at the next application period.

When she applies online I can only say to take it seriously. It is a basic application like the ones they have here online for working at our local supermarkets. Trick questions, etc. I know of two people who did not take it seriously and failed the online portion. It is pretty competitive.

Once she gets passed this - when she has her phone interview - the more open she is with her options as far as roles, the more her chances of getting in also. When she does the phone interview - there should be no one in the house - or at least quiet and no interruptions and she needs to smile with her answers even though they obviously cannot see her face. Once accepted - lots of work, planning and money LOL.

Also - read the college board thread here.

When she applies online I can only say to take it seriously. It is a basic application like the ones they have here online for working at our local supermarkets. Trick questions, etc. I know of two people who did not take it seriously and failed the online portion. It is pretty competitive.

Once she gets passed this - when she has her phone interview - the more open she is with her options as far as roles, the more her chances of getting in also. When she does the phone interview - there should be no one in the house - or at least quiet and no interruptions and she needs to smile with her answers even though they obviously cannot see her face. Once accepted - lots of work, planning and money LOL.

Also - read the college board thread here.

Thanks, I will pass that info along. It is something that she has dreamed of doing since she was 12 years old. She did not think it would even be possible because of what she want to major in college. But, after one year she has changed her major - so now she definitely wants to apply!

Thanks, I will pass that info along. It is something that she has dreamed of doing since she was 12 years old. She did not think it would even be possible because of what she want to major in college. But, after one year she has changed her major - so now she definitely wants to apply!

It's really all about the experience I think and it looks great on their resume. Not much to do with their major. As long as they are in college and they want this, anyone can apply. She can choose to take classes there (if they have time) but not sure if her college will give her credit. She can also take on-line courses with her college. My dd and decided to take the semester off. She loved it so much, she extended her original date. She will have worked two roles once done. She is currently working in the Splash Mountain at MK.

Good luck to her!!!

So as of right now it seems only my MIL is coming with us. Is it rude if I give the rest if the family a deadline?

I don't think that's rude at all. We have gone with the extended family to WDW and had a great time. We allowed time for everyone to
Go off on their own and planned on meeting at dinner. This was great as we had age ranges from 6months to 70!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter