Just booked Sat. Jan. 2 to Tue. Jan. 4 - What to expect?

WDWLinda

Mouseketeer
Hi there...We just booked a trip to Paris over New Year's and HAD to add on a couple of days at Disney. I'm just starting to plan now, but wanted any advance info - how cold and rainy is it at that time, crowd levels, what can't be missed, etc. We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel so is there anything special to request, see or do there?

Thanks!!!
Linda

Great news on the booking :woohoo:

We were there from Thursday 1st to Sunday 4th January this year, it was busy but I would say slightly quieter than July/August, and as French schools went back on the Monday it was noticeably quieter on the Sunday compared to the previous days. So it should be quite manageable on the Sunday, and I would guess pretty quiet on the Monday of your trip.

It was cold, I wore tights under my jeans, and plenty of layers on top, hats, gloves, etc. Think it rained but not much, that will always be pot luck!

I don't think Christmas events have been released yet but last year there was the Christmas Cavalcade, the Christmas version of Dreams! (good but not a patch on standard Dreams! IMHO), the characters in Christmas costumes, the tree lighting ceremony and of course snow flurries on Main Street.

Christmas season at DLP is fab and if you get too cold you can always just pop back to the hotel to warm up :santa:

I've been to Disneyland Paris 4 times and I don't think it's ever rained! Absolutely freezing though, New Year's Eve was really really cold this year. Totally worth it though :)

Congratulations on your booking :thumbsup2

Will be cold - could even be snow and freezing - and busy as you still have Spain on holiday and as said above France go back on the 4th

The Christmas season program is not yet out, but as Baby Ariel said he should be pretty alike to what they saw last year. There will be the return of the Frozen sing a long that is being held at present

Christmas is magical and well worth seeing. :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I didn't think we'd see any Christmas decorations - so that will be a bonus. I'm really looking forward to the trip, and will definitely hit the local ski shop for warm clothes before we go! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter