Just booked Pop Century. CRO told us we were the first!!!

angey77

DIS Veteran
Just called and the CM was all excited because she was the first one to book a room at Pop Century for a guest AND it was for opening day. YEAH!
When we asked where the 70s building was, the girl had no clue and just saw icons on her map. We told her it was the Big Wheels building and she wanted to know how we knew so much more info than her! ;)
Regardless, the 70s and 80s buildings are the preferred buildings, we wanted to book 70s anyway.
I'm so excited!

I'm very excited for you! I am kind of a pop culture junkie and really wanted to try Pop Century. I'm sure you'll be a good DIS friend and give us all a detailed report after your trip - right? ;)

Oh believe me, I will have a full report. I always get in trouble with my travel buddies in Disney for carrying around a notebook taking note of everything.
Love your cat grinningghost!

Angey,

Wow! Thought Pop Century wasn't opening any time soon. When are you booked in there?

-diane :jester:

Diane,
We're booked December 14-20, opening day is December 14. CRO reassured us that this time its for real, they will be opening.

I booked a room at PC on the evening of the 22nd. We are booked in the preferred section for a week. We will check in the first day the resort is open, 12/14. Mickey

Now this is going to be interesting.

When I booked Tuesday, I was told the 1960s building will be the preferred building. :confused:

Oh well, we check in on Dec. 19, and are booked in a preferred room. I don't know which theme that will be, but I know DS and I will enjoy it.

What's also interesting is how the girl at CRO told us no one has called and booked the resort yet and just two days ago she said she was told they could start booking. Odd.
I wonder what the word is on the preferred buildings. If anyone else calls, can you please ask and post to this thread? Thanks!

If you look at aerial maps of the All-Stars versus Pop Century, you'll note that they designed it so that it's not a far walk from ANY building to the main area. No where NEAR the walk it is from some buildings in say, Music.

HOW EXCITING for you, and the CM who booked the first ressie!!! I am so excited about being down there when they have the grand opening of Pop Century. I hope that I have the opportunity to attend, as it should be a great event. I am glad they are finally going to open the doors to this resort! Now, they just need to reopen PO-FQ!!!!

rmb,
Our first night deposit is $97.01. I'm hoping Pop Century falls in with AP discounts.
Angey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter