Just booked our flight for January 2019 :)

Yusani

Mouseketeer
We will be flying in on the 16th (Wed) and flying out on a Sunday (20th). It will be just me and my 8 year old son.

I've never been in January before. I have been told to expect several closures for refurbishments. I think I am OK with that in hopes that there are lighter crowds. We went Christmastime 2017 and I felt a little stressed with the crowds. A random Thursday in January sounds hopeful for having less crowds???

Anybody else going in January or have experience with January trips they would like to share?

How was the weather? I've heard it can be wet and cold but I am guessing that is relative since it is SoCal.

I always go late Jan-feb. Perfect for me. Cool and wet weather, LOW CROWDS and dvc availability at the Grand Cali.

But their will be rides down, park refurbishments and limited night shows. No biggie for me. My family still have LOTs of fun!

We're there the same week! Got flights for a surprisingly low amount of points and excellent hotel rates. Just have tickets left to purchase! Oh, and I'll make a few dining reservations.

We went in early February 2017, and enjoyed the cool weather and light crowds. Several rides will be down for refurbishment, and not all the shows will be running, but that's the trade-off we make for cool weather and light crowds. :)

DH and I have been to DLR in January many times. We've usually had good weather. It's usually sunny, with daytime temps in the upper 60's and low 70s. There's usually about three rides down for refurbishment. Weekdays it's not very crowded, especially Tuesday through Thursday. On Friday's it starts to get busy early afternoon and builds from there.

Have a magical trip!

We will be flying in on the 16th (Wed) and flying out on a Sunday (20th). It will be just me and my 8 year old son.

I've never been in January before. I have been told to expect several closures for refurbishments. I think I am OK with that in hopes that there are lighter crowds. We went Christmastime 2017 and I felt a little stressed with the crowds. A random Thursday in January sounds hopeful for having less crowds???

Anybody else going in January or have experience with January trips they would like to share?

How was the weather? I've heard it can be wet and cold but I am guessing that is relative since it is SoCal.
I like January. The weather is great! It is nice in the day and a little chilly in the evenings.
Your dates are leading into the MLK holiday weekend. So you need to be prepared for crowds on the weekend.

Have fun

Geemo

Mid to late Jan is honestly my favourite time to go. Just bring a sweater and enjoy the low crowds!

One other thing to note is that the parks won't be open as late, either. After the long, late hours during the holidays, I think we've had 9pm closing times our past three January visits. Of course this is during the week so weekends will have later closings.

We've had sun and rain and overcast (sometimes in the same day) but nothing too cool and nothing too hot. We've had days of wearing shorts and nights in pants and sweatshirts. We've seen long wait times and short wait times, depending on the attraction and what else is open and closed.

The bottom line, though, is we have always had fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter