Just booked FP+ this morning-flexibility necessary

travelgirl77

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to encourage everyone that if you are looking to score those coveted FOP fastpasses it is possible if you are able to be flexible with your plans. I went in this morning wanting FOP for our 1st day, but after reading the boards, I realized this was probably not going to happen. I had my ideal plan, a back-up plan, and another back-up plan. I had to go with my 1st back-up plan in order to secure FOP (and there were a lot of times available) and this would be for my 60+3 day. It also means that we are doing AK on back to back afternoons, which is not what I necessarily wanted, but if we wanted FOP, it has to be done. Anyway, just an encouraging note if you want FOP without waiting, although I bet that can be fun too!

Totally agree! We also wanted AK on day 61 but there were no FOP fp. We switched over to day 63 and were able to get them for 2:00 but we had to switch Epcot to day 61 and gave up the EMH for it that was scheduled that day. Not what we really wanted as we love EMH and only doing 3 parks but, like you said, it had to be done. The problem with some people is that they have made their ADR's 180 days out and being flexible can mean giving some of them up so it can be a tough choice.

OP, so your back-up was to book FOP on your 60+3 day? Just looking for the details of what flexibility you had to take on to get FOP. What was your back-up, back up? :)

Dan

OP, so your back-up was to book FOP on your 60+3 day? Just looking for the details of what flexibility you had to take on to get FOP. What was your back-up, back up? :)

Dan

Yes, as this was the only day that would not require me to move around ADRs or our nighttime viewing parties. I could just switch one park for another. It was my back-up because I really like to spread the parks out and not visit the same ones day after day AND we are doing a split stay so it made more sense to go to MK later in the trip when we are at the Contemporary, but cest la vie. My back-up, back-up would require me to be at AK on the last day we are there, which we usually like to reserve for MK. It would also require me to rearrange our HEA night, as that is on our last night as well, and cancel an ADR at CRT. I would have done it, but FOP better really be worth it:) My husband and son went on it last summer and could not stop talking about it. My daughter was too small to go, but is ready for this year.

I will also say that I was somewhat restricted in my "flexibility" because my husband asked that we ride FOP as our last ride of the day. Last summer he and my son rode it in the afternoon, and although they loved it ("That was the best ride ever! But, I feel completely off! I want to do it again! Once this icky feeling goes away") we had to forgo a FP for EE later that day because all he wanted to do was be still.

My suggestion is to come up with a few scenarios to get the FP, if getting it is really paramount to the family. I also suggest that people secure that one first (if important to snag) and then build the rest of the trip.

So TSL wasn't an option yet right? Just wondering if this will have any impact on the FOP FP availability....... Do you think the options for your 60+1 or 2 would have some flexibility too? But, overall, best to get an FOP FP, as wait times seem massive!!!!!

I did the same thing, I had a backup plan and a backup of a backup plan. It made it a lot easier when I needed to adjust on the fly, and still get the other big ticket rides I wanted!

I, too wanted FOP at 60+1 today but it was not available. Booked it at 60+5 and will try to do a rope drop at EMH on the morning of 60+1.

I wanted fop for 6 on day 61 but that didn't happen so I changed our second Epcot day to a second AK day and got a 4 person for for 10am day 64.

I figure I will try to get FP for it but if I don't, it's not the end of the world. How is that for flexibility? If we don't have FP we just will skip it. Short trip and not a lot of time so Magic Kingdom and Epcot are priorities (Epcot due to Food and Wine).

I figure I will try to get FP for it but if I don't, it's not the end of the world. How is that for flexibility? If we don't have FP we just will skip it. Short trip and not a lot of time so Magic Kingdom and Epcot are priorities (Epcot due to Food and Wine).

That is all well and good, and a good attitude to have. I just wanted to encourage people to have some backup plans if they were really wanting to score FOP, as I have seen that getting that fp as a priority of many people. Sometimes we get so tied to our plans that we do not make room for flexibility. Having one plan, then an alternative, and maybe more alternatives may be helpful to people who like the idea of knowing and are really wanting a particular fp for an attraction.

That's our flexibility too! We only visit AK once a trip, on arrival day, and are not willing to shift our other plans to accommodate one ride. I've been fortunate to get FoP on day 60 for 2 people for both of my last two trips (July 2017 and April 2018), and if we don't get it on day 60 this trip, oh well! It'll be there for a few years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter