Just booked Five Star Tours...anyone have any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they may be using "Change Party" on their end to transfer existing FPs to your party (either in advance, if you dont already have FPs booked, or on the day of touring, after your existing FPs are used up for the day). To do this, their MDE accounts must be linked to yours, thus the need to have your MDE password. Just a guess though.
Change Party does not exist anymore.

Well yeah...

Seems like a poor business model to do it that way. Also if they were booking it on their own and using that how do they get them at 60 days? Are they booking throw away rooms too? Seems like a sketchy model.

Just a guess, based on fact they need access to OP's MDE account.

They could very well be booking throwaway rooms to get at the earliest booking window. Or else how can they guarantee FPs for FOP?

I have family that used a tour, not 100% sure which one. But similar to this if not this one. It was a slower week but a large group with only 2 days. They said basically they just searched for FP for them and they just kept using FP after FP, which I am able to do on my own. They loved it but said it wasn’t worth it if they were there longer, they only did it because it was such a short trip.

I also have friend who used a tour, again not 100% sure which one. They went Christmas week, they also said it was just refreshing for FP. However couldn’t get one for FoP and had to rope drop with the guide. They hated it and said they hate Disney and had no idea how we like it.

Obviously both reviews are 2nd hand, but I think you need to remember this will probably just be someone refreshing for FPs, and if your ok paying someone else to do that for you (which to be honest is a pain in the butt to do when trying to spend time with family). I say go for it!

Rumor is some of those services pay off CMs for FPs.
I guess they could book throwaway rooms.

I don't find a need for such a service as I just do it myself but there are a lot of people who either don't know how to work the FP system or who would rather not spend time looking for FP's while in the park. I know it sounds expensive but it is far less than a VIP guide through Disney (yes I do realize that plaids can do much more but most people can't afford that cost per day). I'm sure there are a lot of people who would pay something to not have to think about it and just constantly have FP's ready for them as they make their way through the park.

If you really want to spend that kind of money, get an official Disney VIP tour - they actually can get you special access.

and the official tour will park hop as far as I know, unlike this company.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I bet the "tour guide" uses a Disability Pass. That would do it.

Their FAQs state emphatically that they do not, fwiw.

I've been curious about these tours too. My assumption has always been that they have multiple APs and use those to books tons of fastpasses for use on the tours. They may also have a supply of those "You're too short, come back when you're tall enough" passes for kids.

I doubt they are scammers, and during easter week I would argue it may be worth it for a family that doesn't have the money for an official VIP tour but would like to have a better park experience. Easter week is super busy, and having someone there to take care of the details might help a lot.

I've been curious about these tours too. My assumption has always been that they have multiple APs and use those to books tons of fastpasses for use on the tours. They may also have a supply of those "You're too short, come back when you're tall enough" passes for kids.

I doubt they are scammers, and during easter week I would argue it may be worth it for a family that doesn't have the money for an official VIP tour but would like to have a better park experience. Easter week is super busy, and having someone there to take care of the details might help a lot.

This is exactly why I booked them.

OP’s question has been discussed and since no one seems to have any actual experience with this company, closing.

Enjoy your trip OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter