Just booked car view at Cont and gave up Dolphin water view

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I love the Dolphin - great teacher rates.
Our 2nd time to WDW I want to try something new.

Found a code for $164 (about $180/night w/tax) for
a Contemporary room (wing room - view of trees & cars).
Our Dolphin rate is $ 154 (about $ 171/night w/ tax).

Now I have 2 ressies - one for Dolphin and one for Contemporary.
My DH loves the Dolphin. My DD & DS do not like to sleep in the
same bed and like water slides.

Cont has 60 square feet more to the room.
Has 2 queen beds vs 2 doubles (Dolphin).
2 sinks (Cont ) vs 1 sink (Dolphin)
Cont has a day bed for my 7 yr old DD to sleep on
Renovated new pool at Cont with a new water slide

We are on the Mono-rail for the Cont.
Less bus trans than the Dolphin.

PLEASE tell me a room in a Cont wing with a view of cars and trees will be great for my family :confused:

I would love to hear your Cont opinions :)

Pooh: Maybe I can help a little bit...We have stayed in the Contemporary Tower with a Magic Kingdom view and the Dolphin with a balcony/EPCOT fireworks view. We loved them both! My DH and I do think the Dolphin view is better - we felt like we were on the water and loved the viewing the fireworks from our balcony! We also prefer the pool at the Dolphin, and our now teenaged son agrees, the pool at the Contemporary is boring. That being said, the Contempo is much more conveinent for MK, the monorail is great, and the daybed at the Contempo is a definate plus for your two children. My DS also liked the food center at the Contempo and still thinks the arcade there is the best on WDW property. Since my DS is now 16 the Dolphin is perfect for us - however, since your children are younger and may want to spend a lot of time at MK the Contempo may be better for you. I hope I've helped, and not just added to your confusion!;) :D

Actually, I think the amount of bus transportation at the two resorts is about the same. At the Dolphin, you take the bus to MK and AK and walk or boat to Epcot and MGM. At CR, you take the bus to MGM and AK, walk or take the monorail to MK and take the monorail (but you have to make a switch from the resort one to the Epcot one at the TTC) to Epcot. I think the transporation overall is better from the Epcot resorts unless you are spending most of your time at MK.

The room at the CR is going to suit you better, though, if sleeping arrangements are improved. If you do Dolphin, have you thought about you and dh each sleeping with a child? That's what we almost always do in hotels.

I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine. After all, you will be at Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter