Just booked AKL for Feb...and I'm from NY

I took the rapid test at the Maingate location after landing on Tuesday and had my results before I got to my hotel. It was legitimately fifteen minutes later.

Did you have a car? Or use Uber/Lyft? Just hoping those will be easy to use when I go early December

Just remember that’s not a rapid test site, so plan accordingly.
This is my concern too! If you have to have results in-hand, from a test taken in the previous 72 hours, does this site get your results to you within 72 hours of taking the test?
At the Maingate site? It still says results take 3-5 days, and it's only free for residents. So what does an out of stater do if they needs results in 3 days or less?

https://www.osceola.org/covid19testing/
This one says visitors, but neither say results are less than 3 days.
https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2020/10/rapid-testing-now-available-at-covid-19.html

There's no way non-rapid tests would be guaranteed in less than 3 days for anyone needing to travel. I haven't confirmed it yet, but I'm thinking NY will be operating much like MA where you can check the box on the form that you received the test within 72 hours prior to leaving Florida, and then you'd be expected to either provide the results to the health department upon receipt or at least have them in hand if/when you're asked for them. Cuomo said something to the effect of "you have to have a negative test result from the other state, and a negative test result in NY in order to end your quarantine". It sounded more like its about producing the two negative test results to substantiate your quarantine end. They won't be asking for negative test results prior to boarding the plane or at either airport.

There's no way non-rapid tests would be guaranteed in less than 3 days for anyone needing to travel. I haven't confirmed it yet, but I'm thinking NY will be operating much like MA where you can check the box on the form that you received the test within 72 hours prior to leaving Florida, and then you'd be expected to either provide the results to the health department upon receipt or at least have them in hand if/when you're asked for them. Cuomo said something to the effect of "you have to have a negative test result from the other state, and a negative test result in NY in order to end your quarantine". It sounded more like its about producing the two negative test results to substantiate your quarantine end. They won't be asking for negative test results prior to boarding the plane or at either airport.

You are correct!! I did too much reading between the lines of the NYS rules and didn't realize I didn't need the results upon entry (see quoted below), now I just need a rapid site near me!!

For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
  • Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
  • The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
  • On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter