Just back...

hezzie

Mouseketeer
Just returned late last night from a quick 4 day stay. We surprised our kids with quick trip to celebrate our 10th Anniversay. Needless to say, they were surprised and we all had a great time. Here is a quick recap of the notables:

1. Weather: Absolutely beautiful. High 80s to low 90s with a nice breeze. Only a few sprinkles at various times.

2. Crowds: Heavy, but wait times varied from walk on to 40 minutes depending on the park, the ride and the time of day.
Sunday - the day we arrived we did MGM and everything was walk on which was a great way to start the vacation.

3. Resort (Old Key West): Very nice. Unfortunately, the air conditioning was broken, but since we were in the parks all day, we didn't really figure it out until day 3 and then had to switch rooms at midnight with our two kids in their PJs!

4. Buses: Seemed like we always just missed the bus we needed, so we did end up waiting for buses, but nothing to complain about.

This was our first time seeing Wishes and loved it!! What a spectacular display!! Spectro was at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm and people started getting their seats before 6pm. This surprised us a little, but we were able to secure a spot at the top of main street behind another family. Needless to say, by 9pm we were squished in amongst several families who just pushed their kids in to the somewhat open spots that were available! I have no problem squishing, but it would be nice it they would ask if the child could come sit in front of me instead of just pushing them in. The poor kids are left standing with a bunch of strangers while their parents are out of sight to them.

Happy to answer any questions!!

Now the planning begins for our next trip!!

No questions, but glad you had a great trip! I love hearing everyone's trip reports..gets me even more excited for our upcoming trip!

Originally posted by HollyJoy
No questions, but glad you had a great trip! I love hearing everyone's trip reports..gets me even more excited for our upcoming trip!

Same here!

I cannot comment b/c we did not use the new EMH and did not really hear anyone talking about it either. The CM at check-in went over it with us and then the bus driver to MK had a little reminder that it was that evening, but we were leaving that day, so did not use it. Having two kids 6 & 4, I'm not sure we would really use it anyway. It did not really impact our plans any, just allowed us to sleep in a little longer one day b/c they took away the early entry for that morning.

Some things that were different from when we were there in Sept 03 were:
1. CMs checking resort IDs for the early entry - we've never shown resort IDs before and this time they were checking them

2. Big trees in front of the castle were replaced with much smaller ones. Not sure if this was for Wishes or just time for the trees to be replaced, but it definitely took away from the look of the top of main street. We prefer the bigger trees that provided some shade in the area.

3. Goofy's Jamboree - they no longer dance with the kids. I like the idea, but the dance steps are really too complicated for the little kids and they had so many people in the hall you really couldn't dance if you knew the steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter