Just Back

disneyangel

<font color=green>Has a seperate pudding stomach<b
We just got back from an on site split stay 5 days POFQ with free ddp upgraded to table service and 5 days OKW with rented DVC points. my friend and I took our DD's (11 and 9) on a girls only trip .

Highs -almost everything

weather was lovely but not too hot (my friends previous trip was in July (way too hot ) and ours in January (which was freezing ) -We have had an Easter tripwhich was nice too .
We used FP+ which worked well for 3 out of 4 of us.
we attended MNSSHP which was amazing
We had fabulous table service meals - special mention has to go to Coral Reef which was absolutely delicious -we all cleared our plates !
We had lovely character interaction at 1900 Park Fayre with the face characters and at MNSSHP .
We tried the kitchen sink (but failed miserably even with 4 !)
we got all the printed photos we expected with photo pass plus
Disney transport . First time we have stayed on site so first time we have used it an I was well impressed at how organised it was.

lows -mostly to do with FP+
FP+ consistently did not work for my friend with her first magic band . At most rides this was acknowledged as a glitch and she got on with us when we showed the app but we had two instances (splash mountain and nemo show) that we were kept back for ages whilst they sorted it and once at TSM were they ended up blocking the queue to sort it.
the app is very glitchy on android devices ( this was acknowledged by a CM at animal kingdom )
OKW quick service -Goods to Go was always disorganised when we went . It seemed a very cramped not very well set out little place for such a big resort. Our food was served cold once another time we were overcharged and it took ages for them to sort it . people seemed to have to weave through the queue to get to cutlery and drink machines.

Overall it was a great trip . I'm already hoping for another one (maybe Easter 2015) and would love to stay onsite again . Of the two resorts I preferred POFQ. I liked the compactness of the resort and it had a charming feel to it.

We just got back from an on site split stay 5 days POFQ with free ddp upgraded to table service and 5 days OKW with rented DVC points. my friend and I took our DD's (11 and 9) on a girls only trip .

Highs -almost everything

weather was lovely but not too hot (my friends previous trip was in July (way too hot ) and ours in January (which was freezing ) -We have had an Easter tripwhich was nice too .
We used FP+ which worked well for 3 out of 4 of us.
we attended MNSSHP which was amazing
We had fabulous table service meals - special mention has to go to Coral Reef which was absolutely delicious -we all cleared our plates !
We had lovely character interaction at 1900 Park Fayre with the face characters and at MNSSHP .
We tried the kitchen sink (but failed miserably even with 4 !)
we got all the printed photos we expected with photo pass plus
Disney transport . First time we have stayed on site so first time we have used it an I was well impressed at how organised it was.

lows -mostly to do with FP+
FP+ consistently did not work for my friend with her first magic band . At most rides this was acknowledged as a glitch and she got on with us when we showed the app but we had two instances (splash mountain and nemo show) that we were kept back for ages whilst they sorted it and once at TSM were they ended up blocking the queue to sort it.
the app is very glitchy on android devices ( this was acknowledged by a CM at animal kingdom )
OKW quick service -Goods to Go was always disorganised when we went . It seemed a very cramped not very well set out little place for such a big resort. Our food was served cold once another time we were overcharged and it took ages for them to sort it . people seemed to have to weave through the queue to get to cutlery and drink machines.

Overall it was a great trip . I'm already hoping for another one (maybe Easter 2015) and would love to stay onsite again . Of the two resorts I preferred POFQ. I liked the compactness of the resort and it had a charming feel to it.

Welcome home - glad you had a good time with mostly highs.

It nice to read the reports of still getting the dining photos with PP+.

On your lows - MyMagic+ is still in testing and unfortunately problems/ glitches are to be expected hence why they are still giving KTTW cards so you can get regular FP too as compensation for testing in case of issues.

OKW - The CS there was never designed to be used like it is now with DP guests. OKW was the first DVC resort and was designed as a 'home away from home' and that guests would be more self sufficient than those staying a regular resorts. Any sort of research about OKW highlights the fact that Goods is more of a poolside counter than a proper CS restaurant. They have had to adapt since the introduction of the DP however they don't have that much space to work with.
TBH we vary rarely use it when we stay at OKW - but then we are the guests Disney had in mind. I happily fix snacks and meals in our villa and we have almost never used the refillable mugs there (only time is when me & DH have a drink from Gurgling Suitcase and DD gets a soft drink in her mug)

Welcome home - glad you had a good time with mostly highs.

It nice to read the reports of still getting the dining photos with PP+.

On your lows - MyMagic+ is still in testing and unfortunately problems/ glitches are to be expected hence why they are still giving KTTW cards so you can get regular FP too as compensation for testing in case of issues.

OKW - The CS there was never designed to be used like it is now with DP guests. OKW was the first DVC resort and was designed as a 'home away from home' and that guests would be more self sufficient than those staying a regular resorts. Any sort of research about OKW highlights the fact that Goods is more of a poolside counter than a proper CS restaurant. They have had to adapt since the introduction of the DP however they don't have that much space to work with.
TBH we vary rarely use it when we stay at OKW - but then we are the guests Disney had in mind. I happily fix snacks and meals in our villa and we have almost never used the refillable mugs there (only time is when me & DH have a drink from Gurgling Suitcase and DD gets a soft drink in her mug)

We would have been able to use our KTW card for Splash mountain but our TSM passes were for the evening and even on our early HS day they were gone by 10am ;) .Doing that would have meant our party couldn't have gone together too :confused3

we hadn't intended to use goods to go at all so hadn't really researched it but went to use up some QS credits and again one day for breakfast on the way to the bus. I appreciate that DVC resorts originally probably didn't need to have a big QS option (Olivia's looked like it would cater well for any eating out you wanted to do -it looked lovely but we never made it there - so many restaurants so little time lol ) but if the resort is now offering DDP to some guests I think It is cramped. I felt sorry for the CM's in such a small space . Even moving the coffee and creamers next to the hot drinks might have caused less zig zagging for people.

We heard they were considering removing the issue of KTTW cards to onsite guest soon from someone on the OKW bus. We only used ours twice in MK for rides (Buzz and Winnie the Pooh)so it wouldn't have made much difference to us. I hope that once they finish testing they up the number of FP+ you get for MK. it seems to have a lot more rides that you would FP in a days visit. We managed fine with 3 at the other parks though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter