Just back yesterday...Any questions?

**Tinker*Bell*7**

Pixie Princess
I just got back yesterday from a 5-day trip to DL. My first trip to DL & to California. Any questions? I'll be glad to try and answer.

What rides/attractions were shut down? Did you go there expecting to ride something and find it was shut down? Either way, I hope you had a good time. :goodvibes

i had a great time. thanks for asking.

the weather was nice -- about 85 degrees. the crowds were really heavy on saturday (this was probably due to the fact that haunted mansion holiday and the halloween celebration had just started the day before and that sat. & sun. were the only nights i was there that they were having fireworks & fantasmic (plus i read that sat. is always crowded)) but the other days very manageable.

in fact, monday i used the early entry day on my park hopper & went in at 9:00. i waited 20 minutes for peter pan, but then walked right on casey jr. circus train, pinocchio, snow white, mr. toad, alice in wonderland, pirates of the caribbean, it's a small world, enchanted tiki room, jungle cruise, winnie the pooh, roger rabbit's car toon spin, storybookland canal boats and haunted mansion holiday. left the park at 2:40.

p.s. -- don't rely on the wait times posted unless you actually check out the line. roger rabbit was posting a 30 min. wait & i almost bypassed it but checked it out and there was no line at all.

4girlsmom said:
Where did you eat, and what do you recommend? :)

i ate at the stage door cafe in frontierland sat. night. had 5 mozzarella sticks, fries & coke for $11.

had slice of pizza and coke at pizza port in tomorrowland mon. lunch -- $10

had 2 tacos Monterey w/refried beans & rice with a bag of ranchos crispitos wed. lunch at rancho del zocalo -- $16

those were the only meals i ate in the parks. i am used to wdw & found DL to be a bit pricy for what you get. counter service was more expensive for smaller portions at DL. i ate most of my meals at Tiffy's Family Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor on Katella St. behind California Adventure. It cost me about $12 per meal but I got more for the money (IMHO).

The meals came with soup or salad, a carrot/broccoli/cauliflower vegetable combo, choice of fries, baked potato, rice or fettucini & bread. i had chicken strips one day (had the leftovers for dinner), chicken fried steak another day, lasagna one night & a 3-topping individual pizza w/fries one night.

also if you want to order take out to your hotel room Lucky Pizza is great. They deliver anywhere in the park area for free. Just have to have a minimum $10 order. Their food was GREAT! The pizza was good but the meatball sub was FANTASTIC! They have a large variety including fried chicken and variou sandwiches.

Disneyland1084 said:
What rides/attractions were shut down? Did you go there expecting to ride something and find it was shut down? Either way, I hope you had a good time. :goodvibes

The matterhorn, autopia, monorail at DL were closed (autopia had been open on sat. but was closed the rest of the trip)

california screamin' was closed sunday but reopened mon. or tues.

aladdin show was closed this week.

Hey....what did you wear at night? Was it sweatshirt type or heavier jacket type? I always feel like I've brought something too heavy but we are in AZ so we are whimpy!

**Tinker*Bell*7** said:
those were the only meals i ate in the parks. i am used to wdw & found DL to be a bit pricy for what you get. counter service was more expensive for smaller portions at DL. i ate most of my meals at Tiffy's Family Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor on Katella St. behind California Adventure. It cost me about $12 per meal but I got more for the money (IMHO).

Disneyland is higher on their food than WDW, its that Southern California thing. Thats funny you thought the portions were smaller than at WDW, I usually find the opposite to be true. Although I usually eat at different places in DL than what you mentioned. Great tips on some cheaper offsite options!

**Tinker*Bell*7** said:
i ate at the stage door cafe in frontierland sat. night. had 5 mozzarella sticks, fries & coke for $11.

Mmmm....mozzarella sticks! :teeth:

ddtink said:
Hey....what did you wear at night? Was it sweatshirt type or heavier jacket type? I always feel like I've brought something too heavy but we are in AZ so we are whimpy!

i took a sweatshirt-type jacket but only wore it one morning & that was on the shuttle bus (LOL!!). wore it for a few minutes while waiting for 7 p.m. parade. otherwise not needed.

eatmypixiedust said:
Oooh, is the Vault 28 Store in Downtown Disney open yet?? :hyper:

It is scheduled to open on Wednesday Oct 11.

Do you still have your Park Map and if so what times does it list for the Golden Horseshoe Billy Hill show? I'm curious and trying to plan that into my day.

(Oh, I'll be there on a Wed and Thurs, if that matters on times if you even have them... lol!)

Thanks!

wishonstars said:
Do you still have your Park Map and if so what times does it list for the Golden Horseshoe Billy Hill show? I'm curious and trying to plan that into my day.

(Oh, I'll be there on a Wed and Thurs, if that matters on times if you even have them... lol!)

Thanks!

Daily 11:15a, 1, 2:35, 5:15

wishonstars said:
THANK YOU so much! :) Good to know that! :)

your welcome... i dont know if the map has the time though... i have a guide :P

any other questions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter