Just back YC concierge, any questions?

cherylcat

Earning My Ears
We just ended out 7 day YC stay on the concierge floor! Wow!! It was great! Parks were quite crowded, but we still had fun.

Willing to answer any questions.

Can't wait to go back!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Cherylcat, what was the best thing about staying on the Yacht Club's concierge floor? What was the worst thing? We are going to be 1st-timers there, what recommendations do you have for YC concierge newbies? Thanks in advance for your answers. :)

Hi, we'll be there 10/28. They are supposed to have wireless high speed internet starting sometime around the beginning of Nov. I'm wondering if they got it in early in either the concierge lounge or the lobby. Do you know if it's up yet? If it's working I'll post while I'm there.

How were the crowds in the lounge in the morning during breakfast? Any surprises or pixie dust while you were there? I can't wait, we leave for Florida on Tues morning!!....our flight leaves at 6:30AM so we have to be up really early, we're packing this weekend!

O.k. here goes...

Like they say once you go concierge it is hard to go back to regular room!

Let's start with Amy the itinerary planner. Can't say enough wonderful things about her. I had sent ahead gifts to be given each day to my girls. She put them in the room to surprise them each day for me. Besides being and all around super person.

They have a great staff of concierge on duty from 7am - 10pm. The lounge was great!

Lounge Food

Breakfast was cereals, bagels and cr. cheese (including light), donuts, muffins, coffee cake, fresh fruit (melon, apples, oranges, bananas) and milk, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, juice. There is toast, english muffins, butter and jelly.

Midday snacks were cookies, tortilla chips and salsa, smartfood, carrots and celery with dip, pudding, lemonade and iced tea.

Evening snacks were one hot dish grown up style (ones we had were clams, rice and chicken pieces, macaroni and cheese, cheese and crackers, breads with hummus and other dips. Wine and beer.

Desserts were out in the evening with cordials available.

Sodas are in the credenza, hot chocolate is in the drawer under the hot water, you can request beer.

Internet Service

They are wiring it up as we speak for high speed internet. They did our room while we were there. DH said it wasn't up at the time. DH said it was a local charge to our internet link up.

Lounge Traffic

Only one morning was the lounge busy. Not the horror story you hear about. A minute wait for the toaster. The afternoon choc chip cokies went fast but there were almost always oatmeal or sugar cookies.

Best and Worst

The best part of concierge is the itinerary planning ahead of time and the convience of food during the day. Also the staff concierges who make life so easy with every question quickly answered.

The worst part was not being able to bring them home with us!!

I can't say there was a worst part.

Room Location

We had only a garden view but it was fine! We were only about 10 rooms down from the lounge. Far enough away from the noise close enough to get there for a quick bite. We were 5190.

Magical Happenings

We had lots of magical happenings. It began with being able to get into our room at 11 am!!

Let me stress it pays to be polite and thankful to those who help you. We tipped $2 in the morning and $2 for turndown. Always thanked and aknowledged the mousekeeping staff for their hard work. I made sure my girls said thanks.

We had about 3 nights of towel animals and several animal arrangements. On the day our regular mousekeeper was off, we had Liz (pronounced Leez) and she arranged the animals so silly. the mermaid kitty tubside with a shower cap, one animal on the porch reading a magazine.

Amy was kind to us and left a treat for the girls with the Pal Mickey I pre-ordered to be put in the room.

My advice is enjoy and have fun! Give big hi's to all.

You are going to Love It!!!!:Pinkbounc

Thanks Cheryl. We'll say "hi" for you. :)

I had to jump in here. I was at the YC Concierge in July/Aug and had a miserable experiance with the lounge. Everything was empty and the staff was terrible. I've posted in the past, but thought this was a good thread to jump on. The hotel experiance in general was fantastic, the room was nice and the view was superb. The lounge was fustrating.

cherylcat, Thanks for the great report. I'm so excited for this trip. It's our first deluxe & concierge and we're really looking forward to it. We'll be at YC a week later!!!

dpuck1998,
I'm praying we don't have any of the bad service you experienced...hoping with the summer crowds gone it will be a great experience.

Besides the planning, did you feel it was worth it? My husband and I are mixed on this. We stayed poly concierge in Aug. He definitly thinks its worth it (cordails, wine, desserts). I'm not so sure. That stuff wasn't so important to me. I could see renting a fridge and bringing my own wine, milk and cereal for the kids and being fine.

What are your thoughts?

I stayed YC Concierge for part of my honeymoon in June of this year.. and we LOVED IT!!!!

THe YC Concierge staff was incredible- especially Betty and Teresa! They answered every question we had, made lots of Priority seating for us and were just all around very friendly and wonderful.

We ate breakfast in lounge a couple of days and it was never too crowded and if there was an empty plate, for instance no rye toast left, etc... all we did was alert the concierge staff at the desk and they would refill immediatly.

On one occasion- I asked the staff for more Oatmeal raisan cookies (they were SO GOOD). and they brought them out very quickly for me. From that day on, I had 4 oatmeal raisan cookies brought to my room every afternoon by one of the staff members. It was so nice that they remembered.

Staying concierge is a wonderful treat and is so very nice to enjoy the quiet lounge and the friendly staff and private floor. It makes you feel special just entering your key in the elevator.

The YC is by far my favorite concierge- way above the GF! (GF was not helpful and very cold staff - not friendly at all!! )

You will enjoy every minute of it. Be sure to say HI to Betty and Teresa and remember if you don't see something you like or have requested - mention to staff and I'm positive they will accomodate our request.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!! ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter