Just Back, Some Reviews

hezreck

DIS Veteran
Just back from a 7 night stay at CSR. Here's where we ate. It was me, DH and DD 8.

Day One
Late lunch at Cosmic Rays. We split 2 orders of Chicken strips and fries. Pretty good and plenty to share.

Day Two
Lunch at 50's Prime Time in MGM. We had Aunt Claire. She was great.
I had Chicken Pot Pie, pretty good, not a good as I remember from 2 years ago. Lots of chicken in it though. DH had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. Very small portions here. DD had chicken noodle soup, mac and cheese and the sundae for dessert. She didn't care for the soup or the mac and cheese. Ate the sundae though.

Supper at Backlot Express. I had chili dog and chips, it was really good. DH had pulled BBQ pork sandwich and chips, also good. DD had chicken drumstick, grapes and applesauce. She liked the chicken and grapes, but applesauce was unsweetened. She didn't like it and didn't order applesauce anymore during our trip.

Day Three
Lunch at Tusker House. DH and I both had Fried Chicken Sandwich and fries. VERY GOOD sandwich. DD had chicken leg and grapes again, she said it wasn't as good as Backlot Express chicken.

Supper at 1900 Park Fare Cinderella meal. I didn't think this buffet was very good, but I'm not really a big fan of buffets anyway. DH really liked the salmon. I thought the Turkey and Prime Rib were good. The mashed potatoes were the best I've ever had! Desserts were just so so. Nothing to really rave about, but we came for the characters since it was my DD's birthday.

Day Four
Lunch at Garden Grill in Epcot. We go here every thip and usually love it. This time, it was just OK. The potatoes were good, but the rest was nothing to brag about. They did bring a cake out for DD's birthday. It was about an 8 inch round cake and really good, but way to big for three of us. We ate less than half and had them throw away the rest because we were staying at the park for the day. Such a waste of a really good cake.

Supper was at Yorkshire County Fish Shop. We split 2 order of Fish and Chips. Pretty greasy, and we could hardly see to eat because the seating area was so dark. Hardly any lights.

Day Five
Lunch at Cantina de San Angel. I had nachos. The tortilla chips tasted stale, not very crunchy. DD had tortilla chips and a side of cheese sauce. She didn't eat too much of it because chips were stale tasting and the cheese sauce was a little spicy for her. DH had the Wet Burrito, he really liked it. Also got Churros, They were kind of rubbery and chewy. I never had them before, so maybe they were supposed to be that way. Someone enlighten me. :rotfl2:

Supper at Liberty Inn. DD and I got a double cheeseburger and fries and ordered and extra bun to make it into 2 sandwiches. DH had cheeseburger and fries. They must have never had anyone order an extra bun before, because first they brought out the bottom bun, no top. Then they brought out a top, no bottom. I told them I wanted a whole bun. They asked if I wanted anything on it, like cheese or something. :rotfl2: No, just a bun. They still gave me a weird look when I got it even though I told them what I was doing with it, making 2 sandwiches. Weird.

Day Six
Lunch was 3 hot dogs from the hot dog cart in Frontier Land. Really good for hot dogs. My DD actually ate the whole thing.

Supper at ESPN Club on the Boardwalk. DH had the Dinger sandwich and kettle chips. He liked it. I had Cheeseburger and fries, really good. DD had Chicken strips and a chocolate sundae for dessert. She didn't eat much of this, I think she wasn't very hungry.

Day Seven
Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. DH had 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken meal and I had BBQ Ribs meal. Both were very good. Meat was really tender. DD had kids hot dog meal with double grapes. She ate about a 1/4 of the hot dog and said she didn't like it. I tasted it and it was really bad. Had kind of a rotten taste like when bologna gets old. Yuck! She ate the grapes though. :thumbsup2

Supper at Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. I had Cheeseburger and fries again. Good. DH had Crab Cake Sandwich, he liked it. DD had Popcorn Shrimp and Chicken. She liked the chicken, but not the shrimp. I thought the shrimp was good, but she's pretty picky.

That's it. Not very adventurous I know, but we ate mostly counter service. Most was basic park food, but some was really good. Any questions?

We loved ESPN club when we went Thanksgiving week. You didn't mention the hot wings, did you have them? We went back twice, since we were staying at BWI, just to get more chicken wings. They were awesome and the biggest wings I've ever seen. Was it crowded when you went? It was packed every time we went in.

Ok, that's gross eating a rotten hot dog? Ewww. Your poor DD! Thanks for the reviews!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

TigerKat said:
We loved ESPN club when we went Thanksgiving week. You didn't mention the hot wings, did you have them? We went back twice, since we were staying at BWI, just to get more chicken wings. They were awesome and the biggest wings I've ever seen. Was it crowded when you went? It was packed every time we went in.

No, we didn't try the hot wings at ESPN. We walked right in without an ADR, but it was at 4:00 in the afternoon so the supper crowd hadn't started yet. When we left at about 5:15 they weren't crowded either.

Churros shouldn't be rubbery. They should be hot and light. Sounds like you got some bad churros.

Great reviews! Did you eat at the Pepper Market at all or at the Maya Grill at CSR? We are planning on staying there in May and wanted to know what you thought. Thanks,

Loralie

loralie said:
Great reviews! Did you eat at the Pepper Market at all or at the Maya Grill at CSR? We are planning on staying there in May and wanted to know what you thought. Thanks,

Loralie

No, we didn't eat at the resort at all. We were in the parks all day, so we ate all our meals at parks or other resorts. Sorry I can't tell you about Pepper Market. If you have any questions about the resort itself, I'll be glad to answer what I can. :thumbsup2

Captain Jenny said:
Instead of ordering another bun, why not cut the hamburger in half ?

Just asking.

Two burgers is too thick for my DD to fit in her mouth. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter