Just Back... solution for changing tables

smscrapbooks

Mouseketeer
I am totally grossed out by Disney changing tables. They don't get wiped down after each use and on our trip last week I could see the "remains" of a dirty diaper on the table. I saw this more than once. I really feel like Disney should offer disposable changing table covers, but since they don't.... I purchased a large pack of disposable bed pads at Walmart for about $4. I brought a couple with me every day to the park. They are so big that they cover the entire changing pad area. When I was done with the change, I threw it away. This worked out really well. We also did a few changes in the stroller for wet diapers in a secluded area. I know there are threads on here about people who are offended by seeing someone change their baby's diaper but the changing tables are not clean so I thought this was a good compromise.

Not surprised, some people are just nasty, look in the bathroom stalls. I'm not sure why some people can't flush the darn thing but it seems they can't. Good idea about the puppy pads. I don't have a little one but when I did, I didn't hesitate to go to some secluded area and change him. I would never do it in line or around other people and certainly would not leave the dirty diaper laying around but I didn't hesitate to change him where there were no other people.

When DD was a baby I used a changing pad (I actually had a pad that had a small bag attached to hold diapers/wipes etc and clipped to the stroller). When she got bigger, toddler age, I changed her standing up. It took some practice to get the diaper on tight enough, but worked well.

I second the large change pads. Cuts down on so much waste and for 2 years in diapers you'll get a lot more use than just Disney.

My kids have been out of diapers for years but I never, ever, even once used a public changing table. :crazy2:
I changed them in the stroller every time.

for the ones that use stroller to change you baby do not plan this if you are going to Hershey Park during the summer and plan this at the water park area as it is posted and announced that diapers must be change in bathrooms. have seem security tell mother to move to bathroom in the middle of her changing the child

This is brilliant and I am ashamed that after 8 kids I didn't think of this myself. :-/

My baby will be 8-9 months when we go, so I will be using this tip for sure.

In the past I just covered the table in paper towels, after wiping it down with disinfectant wipes...that takes too much time though.

My stroller doesn't allow for easy diaper changes, so that option is out anyway.

Now to deal with my potty trained 2 year old and public bathrooms. :P

Norwex! It is a microfiber cloth that uses only water. The silver in the cloth will disinfect the cloth as it dries. We have travel size cloths too! I always bring them with me, wet the cloth, wipe down the surface, rise cloth out, let dry. They clean without all the harmful chemicals!

I might trust that for our own germs at home, but not for laying my baby down on a changing table in public. Plus, then I have a wet germ filled(until it dries) cloth in my bag.

Same reason I don't use my own changing pad in a public place, the back side of that pad touches the dirty table, then you just stick it back in your bag with everything else.

I'm sure Norwex is a great product, but not for me, IN a public bathroom. I have my reservations still. Lol

I just always wiped the change table with a regular baby wipe then put down the washable change pad. Put it in the wash when we got home. I had a bunch of these and put a clean one in the bag each morning.

I tended to stick to the bay care centres they are really nice but it is difficult in just the normal changing tables

We did all of our little one's changes in our stroller. I REFUSE to use those nasty changing tables *gag*

We just put the changing pad down in the stroller and laid the seat all the way back. We have a City Mini so the canopy is ginormous. Passersby can't see anything unless they are looking for it.

No shame in my game. Those tables are NASTY.

Munchkin/ Arm & Hammer makes great disposable changing pads. They are big enough for a toddler and also great for sitting down on the ground during parades, as an added bonus. ;-)

No kids but nieces and nephews. Sister in law always wiped down the changed table and then put the reusable pad down. After using she would wipe the pad off with a Lysol wipe then put it back in the bag.

I have no problem with parents changing their kids diaper in a secluded area in their stroller. I only take issue with parents that change their kids diapers at a restaurant (actually stopped a family member who tried to do that and said I would gladly leave the table and go to the bathroom with the kid if they really didn't want to leave that much).

No kids but nieces and nephews. Sister in law always wiped down the changed table and then put the reusable pad down. After using she would wipe the pad off with a Lysol wipe then put it back in the bag.

This would be a good compromise. I must say I never was too concerned myself about the back of the reusable changing pad and never bothered with the wipes routine myself.

Otherwise, OP's suggestion of bed pads (or puppy pads or dental bibs, which are the same idea) would also work. Or you can line the change table with paper towels before putting down your own reusable changing pad.

For me, I used those bed pads at home! My DD was a serial pooper...she pooped in 3 stages with about 5-10 mins in between each stage. I got tired of her going through so many diapers so we used to use the bed pad on her change table and wait to catch the next round :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter