Just back, one day, off-site trip

Calidisneyfam

Mouseketeer
We are just back from a one week vacation to Paris, with a one day excursion to Disneyland. I wanted to thank those that helped me with planning this trip. My daughter and I are pros at Disneyland (California) and Disney World, but didn't know how to plan for Paris.

We went Thursday, April 6, which was a scheduled protest day. It didn't impact our trip at all. We took RER from our hotel in Paris. It was very easy and such a deal at 5 euros each. It ends right at the park entrance.

We arrived at 8:45am for a 9:30am park opening. Based on feedback from this group, we started our day at the Studios. They let us in at 9:20 and we went straight to Tower of Terror. Crush already was at an hour wait, so we decided to buy priority pass for that. TOT was about 15-20 minute wait. We really liked it; it was quite different from the other versions.

Next we planned to do WEB and Flight force, but they were both down. We waited 15 minutes, but still down, so we left to explore the rest of the park.

Ratatouille had a 45 minute wait, so we were going to skip it, but then noticed it has single rider, with a 5 minute wait. Orlando doesn't have single rider for this ride, so we were happy to see this! We ended up in the same car, and were thrilled with the short wait.

Next we did Cars Road Trip; this was a very cute ride, and almost no wait. Next up was our pass for Crush's Coaster; this was great!

Then we walked back to Avengers Flight Force; it was open and we waited 35 minutes. Another cool ride.

By now it was about 12:30, so we walked over to Disneyland and got lunch at Pizzeria del Notte; it was fine--nothing too exciting but not bad.

We did Haunted Mansion, then Big Thunder Mountain with priority pass (regular line was over an hour). Very fun ride; you guys were correct that it's the best version of it!

Next we did Indiana Jones-- I was not a fan! My ears whacked so hard on the restraints; very painful.

I was very surprised by Hyperspace Mountain-- it was a totally different ride than the other Space Mountains. It felt like the entire ride was an inversion. Glad I tried it, but will skip it next time.

We ended with Alice's Labyrinth. I wish the other parks had this-- it was so cute.

We had dinner in Downtown Disney (Five Guys) then took the train back to the city. Overall it was a great day. It was really fun to explore a park and not know where everything is, or what every ride would be like.

Thank you so much for everyone's feedback beforehand. I'm happy to answer any questions people might have.

Sounds like a good day and you hit the highlights :)

Favourite part?
And what would be your best tip for DL fans coming to DLP?

I'm going for my 3rd trip next week and I agree 100% about Indiana Jones! That is a one and done! I liked seeing the differences in Pirates as well. I can't wait to see all of the new Avengers Campus and have ressies for Pym Kitchen. We're big Marvel fans. We too are staying in the city and just going for a day. 1 or 2 days is all you really need in those parks IMO. I didn't care for Space Mountain but we loved Crush!

What hotel did you stay at in Paris?
We stayed at Hotel Victoria Chatelet--highly recommend! It was in a great area-- 10 minute walk to the Louvre, and 10 minutes to Notre Dame. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. We'd definitely stay there again, but would get the deluxe room, not standard. When we booked it, we could only get one standard (one bed) and one deluxe (two beds, for our kids). Our room was pretty tiny, and they were full so we couldn't change rooms. Even given that, we'd stay there again for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter