Just back! Nov 2-3 MK/DHS quick trip

NashvilleMama

DIS Veteran
Had a quick surprise weekend with my 2 DDs (8 and 10) and had a great time! They had NO clue we were going, and I woke them up at 4:30am on Friday morning with new Disney shirts to put on to go to the airport. My youngest burst into "happy tears" and it was great. :)

- This was our 1st visit in a true crowd level 2 day in MK, and it was AMAZING. I may never go during peak times again if we can help it. The difference is, obviously, drastic. So, so pleasant and enjoyable and *leisurely*.

- It monsoon'd early afternoon on Friday while in MK, and the park cleared out almost completely. We were ready with our ponchos, rode the People Mover a few times which was fun in the rain, took a long snack break, and rode Space Mtn 3 times as FPs opened up. Really, really fun and glad we stuck around.

- Had QS lunch at BOG, and soooooooooooooooo very glad we pre-ordered. I couldn't believe how few people did that, and was so confused at the long line of people we passed that were waiting to get in to order at the kiosks. It took us awhile to find a seat though and was bummed to not find space in the West Wing. We'd only eaten there for dinner before, and lunch in the ballroom was a bit of a letdown for sure. Food was eh. We won't do that again given the other options.

- A cast member spilled red wine on her beverage cart and it splashed my 8 year old's shirt, big time. Completely covered in red wine, brand new Disney shirt. She was minimally upset (I think because she couldn't see the extent of the damage) but I was pretty miffed because they all just scurried off after cleaning up the chair and floor around the area. A cast member finally came over after I'd spent 15 minutes debating whether I was going to go say something to someone, with a notepad in hand, apologized profusely and wrote her a "magical ticket" to get any girls shirt she wanted in any store for free. Phew. All was well.

- DHS on Saturday was predicted by touringplans to be a crowd level 2 even up until Friday night. It was a ZOO and I see has been adjusted to a 6 now after the fact on their site. Toy Story Land was a madhouse and I cannot FATHOM what it's like on a crowd level 8-9-10. We scored an afternoon FP to Alien Saucers, and my kids didn't even want to wade all the way back there to try it - so we let it go. That's how bad it was.

- Fantastic lunch at 50's Prime Time. We'd never been before and loved it, much better than Sci Fi for all of us. Definitely recommend the chicken pot pie!

- I cried during the Frozen Singalong ,and I'm not a crier. Just snuck up on me out of nowhere since my girls were obsessed with that movie when they came out and they're growing up so fast. Disney magic....I loved the singalong and glad we did it.

Fabulous short weekend and really thrilled with how it all played out, despite a few hitches here and there!

I can’t tell you how many times “tears have crept up on me” at Disney. Ahhhh Disney, thawing my cold, black heart

Thanks for sharing.
Sounds like a Magical visit with wonderful memories made...

I assume from your name that you are from Nashville, so if you are ever in the Disney Store in Opry Mills, stop in and say hello! I'm usually at Box Office (especially most Saturday mornings)

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter