Just Back-Not crowded

nursemelis374

Mouseketeer
Well, I just got back from a 2 hour trip to DL. It was NOT crowded. All the lines were 10 minutes or less, except for Space which was 35 minutes because I guess it had been down for a while. Even Splash was 10 minutes!

I do think that there seemed to be a lot of people walking around, but we walked on many things.

I hope this calms the nerves of everyone that is worried that it is crazy there.

I cannot tell you how much better that makes me feel! :sunny: I know that it's no guarantee that it'll be slow when we're there the first week of Dec., but it at least gives us hope. ;)

I was honestly reconsidering our trip to DL this year because of all the reported heavy crowds, and instead I was going to cancel and then rebook a trip to WDW (which we've never visited before) for the same dates. However, I just made up my mind that we'll make the best of it no matter what the crowds are like. If it's too crowded at DL, then there's lots of other fun stuff to do in the area, and we're willing participants in anything fun! :rotfl: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :bounce:

I just got back from spending the day at DL myself. The lines were quite short. I didn't even need a FP 2 of the 3 times I rode Space Mountain as both of those times were practically walk ons (even the stand-by line went straight inside). I arrived around 11 am and left after park closing. I rode POTC around 6 pm and it was walk on. HMH had a 6 minute wait. Walked on Jungle Cruise.

That's good to hear! I was planning on taking a day off soon to just relax at DL & DCA. ::MickeyMo

I went there this evening around 7:30pm, and the crowds were insane due to the chicken little trick-or-treating event at DCA. Other than that, I'm hoping the crowds will calm down after this event ends.

During the weekdays it was rather empty, but the weekends were a different story. When we were there last Wednesday and Thursday we were able to walk on pretty much anything with a wait of 20 minutes or less. Even on Friday morning we were able to get on most rides with little to no wait. However, as noon approached on Friday, the crowds began to grow astronomically. The wait times for the popular rides went from 20 minutes to 100 minutes (space mountain!). Even over at DCA all the lines were pretty long.

If you are going during the week, plan to do as much as you can in those days and save the weekends to just hit a few rides with fastpasses and do a little shopping.

:goodvibes

I'll be there the week after Thanksgiving. Hopefully it will still be slow during the week. I can deal with one day of crowds on Friday.

Thank you for posting on this thread! We are going Nov. 7-9 with the grandchildren for the first time. I was beginning to panic a little. Whew! I know the crowds will be there at the end of the week for Veteren's Day, which is why we are going Monday-Wednesday.

I went yesterday and indeed there were light crowds. Even the rockets were a quick wait as was dumbo. We had a fantastic time.

I'm REALLY happy to hear this. Our trip next December is done BECAUSE we want to avoid big crowds. I have never been there but Easter week and I missed so much last time that I vowed I would go at a slow time.

Yipee!!!!! :banana: :banana:

We leave in 2 days.........thank you so much for the info we were hoping for!!!! :cool1: I want this to be relaxing for my DH who hates DL when it is busy.

I am so very happy to hear that the crowds are getting smaller. I'm hoping it will stay that way for the next ten days! :sunny:

Dakota_Lynn said:
I am so very happy to hear that the crowds are getting smaller. I'm hoping it will stay that way for the next ten days! :sunny:
My family and friends are going down to D.L on Nov 5. All the travel agents we have talked to have said that their are alot of people heading down from here, being B.C, Canada, since alot of the schools are closed for the rememberance day week. So the crowds could be a bit bigger but when you're in the happiest place on earth, there still so much you can do.
All you can do is relax and let the child in you come out and live the magic :earboy2: :cool1: :banana: :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter