Just back! Highs and lows for the 7th-10th of Dec.

the_princess

DIS Veteran
We got back yesterday from a wonderful trip. I'm not doing a TR so here are the highs and lows. Feel free to ask questions about the Christmas season (and everything else)

HIGHS:
-Christmas decorations! The parks, hotels and Village were so wonderful decorated. It was so beautiful and full of Christmas spirit.
- EMH! We have never really used them before but because of the crowds we went every day and enjoyed the park and the attractions without the crowds. No lines at the attractions and plenty of characters out on Main Street.
- The new ratatouille area in Studios. The ride is so much fun and amazingly done. This is something DLP can be very proud of. We had lunch at the Bistro and it was a great experience. The place is made with so many small and fun details and the food and service was really good.
- Magical Christmas Wishes! We got to DLP quite late on Sunday. The main park was open until 10, so we went in and this came on right after we got in on Main Street, so this was the perfect way to kick start our trip. It's simple but beautiful.
- The Christmas Parade! It's short but fully decorated for Christmas.
- Disney Dreams! I loved it. We are both Frozen-fans, so this was great. Last year we went to DL for Christmas where they had a special version of World of Color hosted by Olaf. The audio in Dreams was the same, so this was also a nice flash back to another great trip.
-Our hotel room! We stayed at SL and had a standard room right next to the main buiding which was very nice.
- CMs and guests! We only met nice, polite and smiling people.

LOWS:
- DLP need refurbishment!!! But they also need to hire someone who can change a light bulp. Half of the street lamps outside the DLH was out. The signs were missing half of the light. This is not even refurbishment, it's daily maintenance! They also need to update some things around the park but I guess that will happen now with the new investment. The down side of visiting the American parks is that we now pay attention to how old DLP looks.
- Breakfast at SL. This is truly based on a personal feeling. I'm sure others will find the breakfast nice and with a wide selection. But there was nothing we could eat. We don't eat white bread or meat. The fruit tasted old and the coffee was disgusting. The yogurt and the juice tasted awful... Well, we enjoyed Star Bucks in Village ;)
- The weather! We had rain on most days, only Tuesday had blue sky and sunshine. And it was COLD!!!! SOOOO COLD!!!!!

For pictures check out my Instagram (travel_stepher) were I'll put lots of pics up in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the great report, it sounds like you had a great trip. I agree with all the comments about the new ratatouille section, I love the ride and loved Bistrot chez Remy - both add a little extra to the Studios.

I'm a little suprised that you think having visited the US parks that DLP feels old. I visited Anaheim in Spring and felt very differently. I love Anaheim but thought that DLP held up well when compared against it - I think DLP actually has some things that are better:

- Bigger castle
- Dreams is definately better than World of Colour
- Eateries in my opinion are on par at DLP if not better in places - there were some questionable things served to me at Anaheim...including what I can only describe as a sweet donut 'sandwich' which had savoury fillings in it but jam on the side...up there with some of the weirder things I have eaten.

Anaheim definately comes up trumps when looking at live shows though, for me this is a huge gap for DLP.

So good to hear differing views and glad you had a good time...well jeal you got to visit over the Christmas Season :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing, the princess. Great to see so many highs. :goodvibes

I'm not looking forward to the weather either but will go prepared. :)

Thanks for sharing. Will add you in IG now. Can't get enough Disney in my feed.

Thanks for sharing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Ratatouille area when I finally get to go again:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing. Quick question. How busy where them parks during the week as apposed to weekend

Agree with all you said Princess and shame i did not spot you as i too was in the Park for EMH almost every day...

Thanks for the great report, it sounds like you had a great trip. I agree with all the comments about the new ratatouille section, I love the ride and loved Bistrot chez Remy - both add a little extra to the Studios.

I'm a little suprised that you think having visited the US parks that DLP feels old. I visited Anaheim in Spring and felt very differently. I love Anaheim but thought that DLP held up well when compared against it - I think DLP actually has some things that are better:

- Bigger castle
- Dreams is definately better than World of Colour
- Eateries in my opinion are on par at DLP if not better in places - there were some questionable things served to me at Anaheim...including what I can only describe as a sweet donut 'sandwich' which had savoury fillings in it but jam on the side...up there with some of the weirder things I have eaten.

Anaheim definately comes up trumps when looking at live shows though, for me this is a huge gap for DLP.

So good to hear differing views and glad you had a good time...well jeal you got to visit over the Christmas Season :thumbsup2

I think DL in Anaheim is much better maintained then DLP. Of course DLP has lots of great things, that we don't see in the other parks, but I think it's like that for all parks. All of them has something that makes them special. But over all I must admit that Anaheim is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy DLP alot and yes, they have the best castle of them all!

Thanks for sharing. Quick question. How busy where them parks during the week as apposed to weekend

It was a bit busier in the week days then I had expected, but not crowded like the weekend. Don't worry, you can easily get around. The only places it were really crowded was by the princess pavilion, the shops on Main Street, Crush's coaster and Ratatoille.

Agree with all you said Princess and shame i did not spot you as i too was in the Park for EMH almost every day...

I did look for you at EMH and from your facebook pictures I could see that we had been in the same area :-D But I hope you enjoyed your trip as well.

Sounds like a fantastic trip. I agree re the Ratatoullie ride and bistro - we were blown away with it.

Lovely to hear you had such a nice time - Christmas at DLP is so nice :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter