Just back! Here's where we ate

wdwfan

My heart belongs to Disney!
We had the most magical trip ever!:D :D :D We had wonderful dining experiences every night of our trip! Here's where we ate:

California Grill: Absolutely fabulous!! Not to be missed!! We had the 3 cheese and pesto flat bread, pork tenderloin ( the best ever) So flavorful!! My children split the pizza and the grilled chicken. We had drinks and the bill was around $120 or so. Excellent!

Yachtsman's Steakhouse- Very,very good!! We had the shrimp chipolte for an appetizer, prime rib and filet mignon. Our meals were delicious! We had drinks and the bill was more than California Grill.

Hoop Dee Doo! - Lots of fun!!! Food was good. Great ribs! Loved the strawberry shortcake. We will definetly do this again!

Teppenyaki- Terrific!! We had the shrimp and the beef tenderloin and lobster. It was fabulous!!

Chefs de France- Good meal. The macaroni and cheese was delicious. My husband said the chicken was ok. We had the lobster bisque and that was delicious.

Narcoosie's- Absolutely wonderful!! We went with friends who were staying at the Beach Club. We had the filet mignon and lobster tails, chicken and ravioli, and I had the shrimp and asperagus and mushroom fettucinni (absolutely heavenly!) We had dessert, something chocolate. Yummy! The bill with tip came to $300.

Beaches and Cream- Prime rib sandwich, chicken sandwiches, onion rings, fries, rootbeer float, banana split, No way Jose! Very good meal. Our kids wanted to eat here and we obliged them. Very good meal.

Nine Dragons- for lunch. We had a very good meal and very tasty too!! I had the moshu pork and my husband had the sweet and sour pork, kids had the sweet and sour chicken. We'll go here again. Big portions! We'll probably split a meal next time.

Well that's it! We had counter service lunch most days and concierge breakfast offerings!

Thanks for sharing! Was there anything else new and different on the California Grill menu? I know they change their menu often---I keep checking Deb's site and it still has June's menu posted. Of course it will be different again when we are there in a month, but I'm curious. Right now I am torn between the filet and the pork..can't wait!!

Sounds yummy. We want to try Beaches & Cream on our trip in October. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the great reviews :p We're thinking of eating at Narcoosee's and Chef's De France on this trip. Do you know if they still offer the Narcoosee's Knot deal for dinner? I saw it on Deb's site but I know the menus can change frequently :)

bunnyfoo, The Narcoosee's Knot is still offered. :D

Alice28, I don't remember all of the California Grill menu, but it does sound the same as what you described.

Hi WDWFan, thanks for sharing the places you ate with us and your reviews. We are going in October, and will be eating at the California Grill (can't wait!) Crystal Palace for dinner before the MNSSHP starts, and Hoop Dee Doo and either Hollywood & Vine or Brown Derby before Fantasmic. Right now we have H & V booked, but I'm thinking of switching to HBD.

I'm thinking of reserving Beaches and Cream for a lunch sometime, I'd love to do Boma, the Morroccan restaurant in Epcot, something in Japan, and since we are staying at the Polynesian, maybe breakfast at Kona Cafe? I also want to book a character breakfast, either Restaurantasaurus (sp?) or Chef Mickey's...

Thanks again! I'm getting excited just to eat my way around the "world"!!

alaskantwinks,

Unfortunately, Beaches and Cream does not take Priority Seatings. A little tip, get there early in the day. It is VERY limited seating and very small. We arrived at 11:15 or so and were given the last table. There was quite a line waiting when we left. So, Good Luck and enjoy your trip. It sounds like you are going to have a great one.

Originally posted by Princesstimes2
alaskantwinks,

Unfortunately, Beaches and Cream does not take Priority Seatings. A little tip, get there early in the day. It is VERY limited seating and very small. We arrived at 11:15 or so and were given the last table. There was quite a line waiting when we left. So, Good Luck and enjoy your trip. It sounds like you are going to have a great one.

Hi Princesstimes2, are there any other good places in the parks/resorts for a great burger and shake type meal? We aren't set on the B & C, I just mainly wanted to check out the resort area afterwards!! Not to mention, it was on the Travel Channel, and it looked neat!

Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's has about the best burgers because of their topping bar. They have sauteed mushrooms, onions and melted cheese in addition to the normal burger toppings. Pinnochio's Village Haus has the same basic burger but their topping bar does not include the sauteed mushrooms, onions and melted cheese.

I did have a double cheeseburger at Beaches and Cream and it was pretty good. I shared it with my two daughters and we still did not finish eating it.

I hope you enjoy Peco's Bills as much as we did. You will have to try Flametree BBQ in Animal Kingdom. The BBQ chicken sandwich was so good. My husband ordered the ribs and loved them. I noticed we will be there at the same time. Are you going to MNSSHP on 10/19? We are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter