Just back...Here's where we ate (Aug 24-30)...LONG

jwsqrdplus2

<font color=green>I suddenly got inspired<br><font
We had a great trip and DH claims he gained 10 pounds! I gained a few, but it was worth it!! Here is the play by play:

Cast of characters:

me, age 34
DH, age 36
DD1, age 4.5
DD2, age 22 months

Day 1 (24 Aug 2003)

Chef Mickey’s: The buffet was pretty decent. I had prime rib, parmesan mashed potatoes, garlic steamed broccoli, penne pasta in Cajun cream sauce with andouille sausage. DH had Mickey ravioli (which DD2 promptly stole!), the penne pasta, the broccoli and an herb roasted chicken. DDs had chicken strips and Mac and Cheese. DD2 also ate several of DHs ravioli! For dessert, DDs ate M&Ms and mini-marshmallows, I had Key Lime Pie and DH had Chocolate Mousse pie.

Day 2 (25 Aug 2003)

Breakfast in the room.

Pizza Planet Arcade for lunch: DH had a veggie pizza, DDs had a pepperoni pizza, and I had Toy Story Salad. It was surprisingly good. DH really enjoyed his pizza, and my salad was great. It was very cold (may have been frozen at one time) which was perfect for me at that moment.

Dinner at the San Angel Inn (biggest disappointment of the trip): For someone used to Tex Mex, I found this restaurant bland and boring. I didn’t even care for the Margaritas!! I had Puntas De Filete and DH had Pollo a la Rajas. He enjoyed his, but mine was so-so. DDs split a Chicken Quesadilla kids meal which they devoured. No dessert here! We wandered down to France and got some pastries to go and headed back to the hotel for a dessert party in the room.

Day 3 (26 Aug 2003)

Storybook Princess Breakfast: The pastries and skillet meal were pretty good. The potatoes were yummy, but this was not a meal for the taste of the food! DD1 is a huge Princess fan so this was definitely for her. We were one of the first ones to check in, so we were seated right by the door that the princesses enter through to come see every one. Which was perfect for us since DD2 has the attention span of a flea. We were actually able to eat and see all of the princesses without being rushed. We got to see Aurora, Belle, Jasmine, Mulan and Snow White.

Lunch at the Tangerine Café (best good surprise of the trip): DH had a Chicken Schwarma Sandwich which he said was awesome. I had the Chicken wrap which was great. It was served with CousCous salad and lentil salad. The cous cous salad was pretty good (DDs both enjoyed snacking from mom’s plate on that one), but the lentil salad was out of this world! DDs split a pizza meal which came with French Fries.

Dinner at Teppenyaki: On the way to Japan, we stopped in France for a pre-dinner drink. I love this type of restaurant as well as DDs. DH tolerates it because it makes the rest of us happy! Isn’t that sweet?? We were a little early, so we stepped into the lounge for drinks. Then on to dinner. DH gorged himself on Sushi (3 orders) while DDs and I ordered Teppenyaki. DDs split a Schichi-Go-San of beef while I had the Beef tenderloin. Yum!!

Day 4 (27 Aug 2003)

Breakfast in room

Cosmic Ray’s for lunch: I had a Chicken Caesar Salad which was yummy. DH had the Big Dipper (stacked) sandwich and DDs split a chicken strips meal.

Dinner at the Concourse Steakhouse (second best meal of trip): DH had the special which was a sesame encrusted tuna steak with wasabi aioli. He said it was delicious! I had the filet, which I literally cut with a butter knife! DD1 had the PB&J on rainbow brad and DD2 had the hot dog. Both DDs had the artist’s pallet for dessert (Mickey head sugar cookie that could be decorated with frosting and sprinkles) while DH and I split a Crème Brulee (one of my all time faves).

Day 5 (28 Aug 2003)

Breakfast in room

Flame Tree for lunch: I had the BBQ Chicken Salad which was tasty, and DH had the smoked pork sandwich. DDs split a hot dog (2 small hot dogs) meal.

Grand Floridian for dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fair: DD1 had a great time at this dinner. We were seated right next to the buffet, and we let DD1 get her own stuff at the kids buffet without our supervision. She felt like such a big girl! Anyway, we got to see Fairy Godmother, Suzy, Perla and Prince Charming fairly quickly, but Cinderella was no where to be seen. After a heartfelt plea (DD2 was maxed and needed to leave) to a sympathetic CM (and Cinderella’s “handler”), Cinderella disrupted her normal rounds to come visit us. DD1 was thrilled; DD2 couldn’t care less (such is the life of a 22-month-old). We made a quick exit after that. Dinner was good, but service seemed lacking. Yes, it was a buffet, but out server was hard to find for anything. Not sure if it was too few servers on too many tables or what, but our Chef Mickey’s server was far more attentive.

Day 6 (29 Aug 2003)

Breakfast in room

We had lunch a Pecos Bill’s: DH had the cheeseburger basket and loaded up his burger at the topping’s bar. I had the chicken wrap while DDs split the hotdog kids meal. All was yummy!

Dinner at Alfredo’s: This was by far the best meal we had at WDW. Upon the recommendation of our server (Vera), we ordered a bottle of wine that was outstanding. DH had the Veal Parma special and it was to die for. I don’t normally care for veal, but the bite of his I tasted was divine! I had the pasta trio (Gnocchi with marinara sauce, Fettuccini Alfredo, and Lasagna). All of it was outstanding. DD1 had the chicken nuggets, and DD2 swam through a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs. Then for dessert, DDs split a Strawberry Mousse and DH and I split a Vanilla cream puff thingy that was awesome. After dinner we headed outside for an apertif of Chianti from the wineshop.

I must confess :o I enjoy the restaurant reviews, its fun to hear what others think. Thanks.

Thanks for the reviews! I'm happy to hear Alfredo's is good...in all our visits to the world this will be our 1st visit there!

Loved the reviews! We too like Tex Mex and do not eat at San Angel. Glad to hear you enjoyed Alfredo's. We eat there every trip and love it, but there seems to be lots on the boards who've had bad experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter