Just Back- Here’s where we ate (w/2 yo and baby)

riggins

You can't always get what you want, but if you try
Hi guys- We are just back from a week at the World and wanted to share with you some info on where we ate. For background, it was me, DH, DD(2), and DD(6 months).

Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)- This was our 1st meal after arriving and it was nice to have some “home cooking” type food. We loved the turkey and mashed potatoes. The character interaction was very good. They spent a lot of time with both girls. Chip, Dale, and Minnie were especially good with the baby. They stopped and rubbed her hand and head and worked hard to get a smile (they were usually successful). Food: B+; Characters: A

Hoop Dee Doo (Dinner)- We enjoyed both the show and the food. Our 2-year-old had a great time and the baby slept through most of it (hard to believe- it’s kind of loud). DH really liked the corn (w/onions and green peppers). DD was a big fan of the baked beans. Overall: B+

Cinderella’s Royal Table (Breakfast)- We were part of the 1st seating of the day and I think this really impacted our experience. Our food was really good and nice and hot. The characters however, came out, said a quick hello to our 2 year old and moved on. None of them made any effort to interact with the baby. We had seen all the princesses within our first 10 minutes and that was it. Food: B+; Characters: C

‘Ohana (Dinner)- We had eaten here on a previous visit and enjoyed it, so we decided to go again. We were not disappointed. The food was great. There is a lot of variety and an opportunity to try different things without being too exotic. Our 2-year-old participated in the coconut race and had a great time. Overall: A

Princess Storybook Breakfast- We booked this 1st as a back-up in case we didn’t get CRT. DD is a big Snow White fan, so we decided not to cancel until we saw who was at CRT. I’m glad we did it this way since Snow White was not at CRT, but was at PSB. We were again part of the 1st seating of the day, but had a better experience with the princesses. They were not as rushed and spent more time with our 2-year-old. However, none of them paid much attention to the baby. The food was similar to CRT and was good. Food and Characters: B

Crystal Palace (Dinner)- We had great character interaction here. They all paid attention to both girls and our 2-year-old couldn’t get enough of them. The food was ok. It was somewhat typical buffet food- nothing special. Food: C; Characters: A

Chef Mickey’s (Dinner)- We had great character interaction at Chef Mickey’s too. All the characters paid attention to both girls. We didn’t feel like they were rushing and it was a lot of fun. The food here was a lot better than Crystal Palace, although it was similar buffet fare. Food: B; Characters: A

Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dinner Package)- This was a welcome relief after so many character meals. We really enjoyed our dinner. The food was good and our waiter was GREAT!! Overall: B+

Let me know if you have any questions.

You are making me nervous about the character meal we have scheduled for December. The only reason we are going is because we want some pictures of the characters with our baby. I hope the characters at 1900 Park Faire will pay attention to him. I have some good pictures of my now 6 year old when he was 3 months old with the characters. I want that for this baby's scrapbook, too. We have 5 older children--3 of whom are considered adults so this meal will be very expensive...(Like $135 with tax and tip) My older kids aren't interested in character meals. (Been there done that.) But, they want to see their baby brother with the characters, too. I guess I'll make a point to tell anyone who will listen that the baby and the 6 year old are the only kids at our table that need character attention. Did you, by chance, mention to your server that you would like some pictures of the characters with your baby? (I know the characters won't always hold a baby but they can lean toward the baby seat for a picture!)

Thanks for the reviews. You certainly did a LOT of character meals.:D I bet you were ready for Mama Melrose! We love the service there especially Kevin and Dorie.

Belle5...really Belle6 these days...congratulations on your 6th son. Are you coming up for breath yet?

Thanks for your congratulations! Jack will be 8 weeks old tomorrow and just this week I feel like I am coming up for breath. (Starting to really cook meals again and getting my hair combed. ;) ) Seems like it always takes 8-10 weeks for a new little person to fit into a family's schedule. Thanks again...

Hi Belle5- We didn't specifically make any request for the characters to pay attention to the baby. It really seems it was the princesses who "ignored" her. However, now that I think about it some more, at those restaurants, we had the baby seated on the opposite side of the table from our 2 year old. So, it required some extra effort on their part to get to her. During the meals where the baby got a lot of attention, she we sitting right next to her sister and the characters could easily access her. This probably helped a lot.

FWIW, we took our oldest to 1900 PF when she was 9 months and had great character interaction and have some wonderful pictures.

Glad you had good experience at Mama Melrose's one of my favorites.::yes:: :wave2: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter