Just back from trip and everything went as planned.

DonaldsGrl103

DIS Veteran
Thanks everyone so much for your kindness and help in planning our trip. Disney was great in accomodating the disabled for the most part. Most CM's were nice and understood that my brother could not be subjected to the heat. Other than that our room in the Dolphin and the staff was great. I honestly am thinking about always staying there. Care medical was great to work with and very reliable. All the equipment was their when we arrived and when we left they picked it up at our own convience. I must say that the people who work in the First aid stations are truly magical individuals and made our trip so much better. The only problem was the people in the parks. So Many people do not care that you are disabled or in a wheelchair. They practically tried to knock my brother out of his wheelchair just to get in front of him. Overall the trip worked great. The GAC pass was good for the times that it was necessary for my brother to get wheelchair seating or accomodations.

I am glad to read you all had a good vacation. How was the Candlelight Processional?

Glad to hear you had a good time. We've found the First Aid people to be very special.
I think one of the "wheelchair problems" is that people really don't see wheelchairs. Another problem is that many in the general public believe that wheelchair users get special perks (and front of the line access, which is not true), so instead of seeing someone in a wheelchair and assuming the people need the wheelchair, there are some people who assume the user is choosing to use the wheelchair to get the "perks".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter