Just back from SSR!!

The LaPrads

Living in the Now
We just got back from our first trip to SSR and I must say, everyone was thrilled with the place!

First of all, Magical Express was excellent. We landed 30 minutes early, walked to the check in, and within 20 minutes we were on the road watching the movie. This was great with kids following a day of travelling.

We arrived at the Carriage House after a quick stop at OKW. Check in was smooth even though the CM was "Earning his ears." We had a lock-off 2 bedroom in the Springs, directly across from the theatre. Our walk to the room from the Carriage House took us directly through the High Rock Springs pool, which was wonderful. (Except that when the kids saw it, they began to beg to go swimming)

Everyone got cleaned up and we headed to Epcot for dinner at the Biergarten, which was great fun! Our DS3 loved the music and dancing. We returned to our room to find all of our luggage there waiting. How nice!

Our view was overlooking one of the ponds with a fountain (the “Noisy Water” according to DS3). Upon our arrival, the opposite shore was completely unlandscaped. We’re talking dirt and construction. The next day we returned from the parks…viola! Completely landscaped. Trees, grass, and shrubs as if by magic!

Loved the room. Loved the kitchen.

The Artist’s Palette was great in my opinion. I would much rather have an artichoke flatbread with a glass of wine than a burger and a beer, so this was very much my kind of place. It had a great casual ambience with very good food. I also thought that the groceries were reasonably priced even though the selection could have been better.

The bus service was very good in my opinion except for the service to Downtown Disney. I think next time I will hop onto any bus to Congress Park and walk. Other than that, I really never spent more than 15 minutes waiting.

Mousekeeping was my only complaint. Not that they did a bad job of changing the towels and emptying the trash, BUT when we returned to our room, they had left the security latch in the door, so the room was open! Luckily, everything was there, so no harm done. I called the front desk to let them know.

Checking out, we called Bell Services to come get our bags. They were there within 10 minutes and took all of our bags to the airline check-in desk. We then gathered our carry-on bags and walked over to meet our luggage. When we arrived, they handed us our boarding passes. Our luggage was already tagged and checked in! So we went to the Artist’s Palette for some coffee while we waited for the bus. DW and I switched watching DS3 swimming in the pool. The bus came right on time, we hopped on and went to the airport. Walked to the gate and went home. *Sniff sniff* :sad:

We loved Saratoga Springs and are very glad we bought there. The staff was great. (The lifeguards knew DS3 by name!) It is definitely HUGE and the transportation to DD needs some work, but it is beautiful and comfortable and we are looking forward to many more trips home! ::MickeyMo

I am happy to see such a good report about SSR!
Thanx for sharing, and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! :drinking:

MG

Thanks for your very, positive report. SSR is our home resort, and we will be staying there in less than two weeks, for the first time. I am really looking forward to it!

:jumping3: I don't know how I am going to last another month+ for our trip home. Thanks for the trip report. You mentioned the landscaping, but did you notice how far allong they are with the buildings of the Paddock?

Great review, thanks for posting. Love to hear from people that love ''home'' as much as I do!

DSSR is truly beautiful and we enjoyed our visit there this week. We heard that there will be food served in the Turf

We found DSSR to be truly beautiful too. We heard they will soon be serving food in the Turf Club including hamburgers and fries and crab cakes to go with your beer or wine. Then later there should be a sit down restaurant in the back. How exciting. There might also be some kind of wedding venue on the grounds. Wonder if anyone has heard if they will ever do any treehouse villas. That would be sooo coool. Especially for groups larger than grand villa size. Can't wait til our next stay. DSSR will be our first choice.

Thanks so much for the trip report! We will be there Sunday :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the report. My first trip "Home" is in three weeks. Cannot wait! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I loved your report and really appreciate the reviews of SSR since I am a new owner (pending final word from Disney). We were impressed with our tour of SSR so I think that we will enjoy a visit "home" as soon as I can call member services. Thanks again for the review. :wave2:

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we like this place alot also. I agree with your opinion of Artist's Palette, it was such a welcome change from so much fried food.

I think the addition of the Turf Club Grill will be great, but am glad they will leave the Palette as is.

We,too, just returned from SSR and loved our stay. It was our first time "home" and we hated to leave. Our only mistake was not starting out at SSR. We were given an extra day at the parks by my dad and stayed at POP the first night. After experiencing SSR I will never stay in another resort that is not a DVC resort.

uicbear said:
:jumping3: I don't know how I am going to last another month+ for our trip home. Thanks for the trip report. You mentioned the landscaping, but did you notice how far allong they are with the buildings of the Paddock?
Most of the buildings Seemed substantially complete. There was a lot of new construction along the golf course area that seemed in its very early stages.

Great report. I liked the part about the overnight landscaping. Disney Magic at it's best.

We returned from SSR about a month ago and, except for a few very minor issues, enjoyed our stay a lot as well.

We recently received a postcard asking us to do an online survey regarding our stay. I encourage everyone who gets the survey request to take the time to do them. My feeling is that we can discuss the good and bad points of this resort all day here, but the true results will come out of these surveys that ask for opinions from people who have just returned.

Thanks for your review, I'm glad you loved the resort! This is making me excited for my first trip "home" in less than 4 months!

I love reading trip reports, and yours is such a happy one. I'm glad you had such a great time!

Bobbi :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter