• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from last minute trip

LJP

Mouseketeer
Have just got back from a last gasp trip - booked Thursday night and left first thing on Friday morning for a 2 night stay. Just DH and myself. A few small thoughts on our break. Booked through Expedia and got what i thought was a good enough deal, under £200 for a direct flight to CDG with BA from Edinburgh. Flights excellent and on time. Great start, unfortunately we had booked return trip from airport to DLP with Silvershuttle. No-one there to pick us up. Phoned and told they had no note of reservation, despite us having received confirmation of booking via email. No problem, we'll get a car to you. Gave up after waiting a further hour and with no more success in contacting them by phone ( on permanent answer machine ) got the VEA shuttle bus. Got to hotel a couple of hours later than anticipated but initial impressions of the Movenpick Dream Castle were very favourable. Clean, nice theming and very comfortable bed. The black out curtains were just brilliant too. Helpful staff, particularly when 3 flies appeared to have been swimming in our bottle of wine - that's another story!! Good buffet breakfast, plenty to choose from and buses to parks ran about every 20 mins. Only disappointment was that the hotel jacuzzi and pool were closed for 2 weeks, still the sauna and steam room made for a liitle relaxation this morning. :goodvibes
The parks were dead on Friday - :cool1: got on every ride we wanted and could have gone round several times. Thank goodness, because Saturday was hell on earth. Wait times of over 2 hours for almost every ride, fast pass was chaos. I think we just walked round and round and finally got on about 3 rides all day. :guilty:
We did check out all the resort hotels and our favourite was the Sequoia Lodge, but then we love WL and AKL. Spent a nice evening by the fire with some wine, before going for a meal in the Beaver Creek Tavern.
Any questions please just ask. We did have a great time, it is Disney after all. It's been about 10 years since we were last year, but it's not a patch on WDW. I like Disneyland Park but admit to being a little disappointed in the Studios.
Anyway, enough waffle for now. Off to get some sleep and back to reality tomorrow!!

Sounds a good last minute break.
Disappointed to hear about Silvershuttle, as they were excellent when we used them in November.

Reid

Wow, that really is what you'd call a last minute trip!

Sounds like you had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter