Just back from Disney's Hilton Head resort and kinda mad!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
But definitely not at the DHHI resort-at the call center in Orlando because they control the morning wake-up calls. We received a wake-up call 2 of the 5 mornings we requested one (and if you've ever heard it, it's so cute!) The other mornings, it came 30 minutes, 45 minutes late, and once not at all. On these occassions we'd get a CM announcing the current time and not even appologizing. We found out years ago that all wake-up calls go thru Orlando and when this happens, it means the systems broken down. So after the first two days, we lived with a broken down wake-up. The reason I'm mad is that at WDW, our wake-up call has never been late-if it's broken down they fix it immediately. But I guess DHHI is just the forgotten sister. On the last day, the resort very nicely gave us a box of cookies even though I told them that I knew it wasn't the resort's error. Orlando-pay them back!
Otherwise (tiny complaint, I know), the stay was terrific. We discovered a new great resturaunt, the Black Marlin; joined the line to get in to the Sea Shack one night-it was really a fun time; finally tried Skull Creek Boathouse, but after the Black Marlin, SCB was just OK; and discovered the new Dunkin Donuts. And Signe's Thanksgiving dinner, as usual, didn't disappoint. DH's only disappointment was not defending his title for his age group in the Thanksgiving morning 5K Turkey Trot and free beer (at least he got the free beer!). I got my annual visit with Shadow, their dog. And we saw the Dolphins from the beach. I know you can take Dolphin tours, but I'm always so excited when we just happen to see them randomly.

So glad you had a great trip. even with the little hiccups of the wake up calls. It is really neat to see the dolphins randomly like that. I never saw them though. i constantly looked though. That just means we need to keep taking more trips to HHI!! :thumbsup2

Hey Simba's Mom!

Sounds like a decent visit not counting the non-wake up calls. Boo.
Good to hear your report.
I agree that Black Marlin can be worth a visit. Palmetto Bay Marina in general can draw a crowd with the Hurricane Bar and Capt Woody's. The outdoor heaters help this time of year.

Hey Simba's Mom!

Sounds like a decent visit not counting the non-wake up calls. Boo.
Good to hear your report.
I agree that Black Marlin can be worth a visit. Palmetto Bay Marina in general can draw a crowd with the Hurricane Bar and Capt Woody's. The outdoor heaters help this time of year.

Actually at Black Marlin, we ate inside-they have a very nice indoor eating area. It was not only cool, but it was drizzly and kinda windy. I didn't want to go there at first, because I thought it would be all outside.

Simba's Mom,

Sorry about the wake-up calls or lack thereof. How was shadow, B'Lou, and the others? We are thinking about a Christmas 2013 trip to HHI. We haven't been in 4 years and are getting pretty homesick for HHI even though BWV is our Disney home. Anyway, take care and we'll talk later.

Simba's Mom,

Sorry about the wake-up calls or lack thereof. How was shadow, B'Lou, and the others? We are thinking about a Christmas 2013 trip to HHI. We haven't been in 4 years and are getting pretty homesick for HHI even though BWV is our Disney home. Anyway, take care and we'll talk later.

Shadow was wonderful, as usual. She's such a sweet girl! And I always find B'lou so entertaining. Maybe we'll see you next year. With family changes, we may change our visit to New Year's in 2013. Four years of not visiting HHI? That's WAY too long.

Hi, sorry to hear about the wake up calls!

When Shadow is "on" she's about the gentlest dog I've ever seen (well, I have Belle, so I am used to gentle beauties), so kind and gentle! I wonder if she gets excited when she's at the dog park. We also enjoy B'lou very much. We're going to miss HHI in 2013.

Thanks for telling us about your trip!

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter