Just back from CBR 8/27 - 9/1

mom2tjnsb

Earning My Ears
We are just getting back from our first visit to CBR. It was awesome and everything we expected and more. We only had one issue and that was that during check in the cast member we got didn't speak very good english and we had a really hard time understanding her. I think she was new because she didn't know the answer to any of the questions we asked her. Once we got through the process we were assigned to our room---Jamaica 4521. I didn't make any sort of request for room location, but we did pay for a waterview room. We loved our location--it was a corner room and just steps from the bridge over to Old Port Royale. The bus service was awesome--the longest we ever waited (including leaving the parks at the end of the night) was 15 min. and that was because a bus was pulling away as we walked up. The resort grounds were amazingly beautiful. we loved just walking around and enjoying it all. My daughter loved counting the lizards she saw as we walked. We would totally stay here again, loved and enjoyed every minute of it. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

I'm so glad you had such a great time! We will be there in 18 days! :banana: This is our first time at the WDW and of course CBR! We are so excited! Is the resort as spread out as everyone says it is? We are staying in one of the Pirate Rooms and it is the furthest away. Any tips on the resort would be great! Thanks! :)

Ooh, sounds like you had a perfect room in Jamaica right near the bridge. I can't wait to see what I randomly get! Thanks for the trip report. :cool1:

Ooh, sounds like you had a perfect room in Jamaica right near the bridge. I can't wait to see what I randomly get! Thanks for the trip report. :cool1:

I did the same "random" thing, kind of adds some suspense to the trip!

OP - Consider doing online check in to minimize the desk time at check in. I'm using it for the first time and we check in on 9/3! Perhaps I'll do a post like yours to give the thumbs up, etc. Thank you for sharing.

Awesome..Leaving in 18days our first Disney trip and of course first stay at CBR....I am so excited....was the pool as awsome as it looks I know I probably wont be able to drag DD away from the pool!

I'm glad that you had a great CBR stay. We have stayed at the CBR four years in a row and have always had excellent stays too.

Will you be writing a trip report and posting pictures? I'd love to see them.

I'm so glad you had such a great time! We will be there in 18 days! :banana: This is our first time at the WDW and of course CBR! We are so excited! Is the resort as spread out as everyone says it is? We are staying in one of the Pirate Rooms and it is the furthest away. Any tips on the resort would be great! Thanks! :)
It really isn't that bad. We walked around the entire lake a few times and it's a nice walk. and since each village has it's own quiet pool and bus stop you can take advantage of those. Everything is just so beautiful to look at, they are truely beautiful grounds.

I did the same "random" thing, kind of adds some suspense to the trip!

OP - Consider doing online check in to minimize the desk time at check in. I'm using it for the first time and we check in on 9/3! Perhaps I'll do a post like yours to give the thumbs up, etc. Thank you for sharing.
I tried to do the online checkin, but kept getting error messages. Maybe it will work next time.

Awesome..Leaving in 18days our first Disney trip and of course first stay at CBR....I am so excited....was the pool as awsome as it looks I know I probably wont be able to drag DD away from the pool!
The pool was awesome. We started each day with a swim, then breaked in the middle of the day to go back and swim and we went to the pool every night when we got back from the parks. Just a note, the water slides are only open from 10-8

I am just curious if you encountered any problems with smoke since CBR seems to have so many designated smoking areas. I get migraines and am very sensitive to smoke, so I am starting to worry that all the smoking areas around CBR will be a problem for me. I am most concerned that if I get a room near a smoking area that the smoke smell will get into the room, or that I will have to walk through smoking areas when I am walking around the lake. Did you have any problems with the smoke or notice if this could be an issue for others?

We will be at CBR in 144 days and it will be our first time at this resort. I am so excited to stay here and it will be my DH and myself - no kids:thumbsup2

We stayed there 8/23-8/31. I did not smell any smoke when we were there and I am very sensitive to smoke too. BEAUTIFUL hotel!! I thought the bus service could of been a little better. Stopping at 6 stops was sometimes long and some the parks our bus was farther than the value buses. But everything else was perfect. Walked right up at check-in. Pool is great- food court was great- shopping was great. The lines for the rides in the park were good. Except for a few big rides it was only an average of 10 minute wait. Caribbean is a wonderful resort!!:thumbsup2

We stayed there 8/23-8/31. I did not smell any smoke when we were there and I am very sensitive to smoke too. BEAUTIFUL hotel!! I thought the bus service could of been a little better. Stopping at 6 stops was sometimes long and some the parks our bus was farther than the value buses. But everything else was perfect. Walked right up at check-in. Pool is great- food court was great- shopping was great. The lines for the rides in the park were good. Except for a few big rides it was only an average of 10 minute wait. Caribbean is a wonderful resort!!:thumbsup2

That is what I was hoping to hear (about the smoke especially)! 10 more days, I can't wait!!!!

I'm so glad to read this! I'll be at CBR and Disney World for the first time on 11/28. Can't wait!!! :yay:

I am just curious if you encountered any problems with smoke since CBR seems to have so many designated smoking areas. I get migraines and am very sensitive to smoke, so I am starting to worry that all the smoking areas around CBR will be a problem for me. I am most concerned that if I get a room near a smoking area that the smoke smell will get into the room, or that I will have to walk through smoking areas when I am walking around the lake. Did you have any problems with the smoke or notice if this could be an issue for others?

I'm not the original poster but I have stayed at the CBR 4 years in a row with the most recent stay being August 6th through 15th, 2009. There are quite a few designated smoking areas at the CBR but we have never encountered any problems with the smoke. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke so I would have noticed. We did walk by some of the smoking areas along the promenade but the smokers were very courteous and the smoke didn't bother us.

I didn't notice any smoke at all, and my son is very sensitive to smoke....we were all around the resort as well.

Welcome back! :goodvibes

So glad you enjoyed your stay at CBR. It's our favorite! :lovestruc Sounds like you got the perfect location too - we love Jamaica!

Thanks for sharing!

So glad you had a great time at CBR. We stayed there for the first time this past May and loved it as well. We loved it so much be will be going back to CBR in about 9 days for another week to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. :banana:

What day are you getting there--the 19th? We are staying at CBR also, but leaving on the 20th. We will be in a pirate room too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter