• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from AoA

mmfox316

Mouseketeer
We are a DH and DW with a DD 19 and a DS with special needs 15. We stayed at AoA for the 2nd time because we love that place. The food is just the best we have had on property. I also love the no chlorine in the pool. I don't have alot to report that hasn't already been said but I do have a few things I would like to share.

Notes about MK:
The mine train broke down for 1 hr. I was told it happens often. It was nothing that would be dangerous to a guest and most other places might just ignore it but Disney does do that. If you had a FP+ that expired during the break down I was told they would give you a paper replacement to come back.
Once I rode the mine train I found it a very smooth ride but it was a little more intense than I thought it would be. It was about the same as the barnstormer.

In my opinion the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is not good for kids with ADHD. My DS could not get it to work and got very upset to the point we had to stop.

Getting to the park early allows you to ride your favorite ride over and over such as buzz lightyear or space mountain.

In the heat of June it is very difficult to do Epcot in one day. It took us two days.

Overall it was a great almost rain free trip.

We had purchased the Photopass package ($149 pre-purchase). Several of the "Magic shots" did not appear as of this morning. The picture was there but the character they we supposed to include did not show up. I call today and they fixed them and I just downloaded all 235 pictures from our 5 days. Most of them were great. It was well worth the money in my opinion.

We had purchased the Photopass package ($149 pre-purchase). Several of the "Magic shots" did not appear as of this morning. The picture was there but the character they we supposed to include did not show up. I call today and they fixed them and I just downloaded all 235 pictures from our 5 days. Most of them were great. It was well worth the money in my opinion.

Thanks for this info. I was wondering if it was worth the $150. I will keep Memory Maker as part of my package. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter