~Just back from AKL CL, BC and GF~

johnsonet said:
I think I had 7 massages :rolleyes1 all with the same person ;) and it was divine! I HIGHLY recommend the 80-minute over the 50-minute :cloud9: A MAJOR vacation for me :cloud9: After a while, the staff at the GF Spa greeted me by name and it was embarassing but funny. I couldn't help myself. I got VERY comfortable with the place. DD had the My First Facial and My First pedicure and loved it the facial in particular. One of the receptionists even told me they were going to miss me when I was gone! She was so sweet. They are such a nice group of people. I met lots of great people in the Spa Lounge as well. One sweet woman had had her nails polished for the first time in 39 years :earseek: (since her wedding day) - it was awesome!

I want to be YOU!

triplefigs said:
I want to be YOU!

princess: :cloud9: I know...my poor DH ($$) :confused3 :rolleyes1

Angel HI! You're sweet :hug: If you are interested in food and wine I REALLY recommend the Wine Dinner. Go For It!! It is very different from the Wanyama Dinner. Mind you, our Wanyama Safari was just three people - so it was very intimate. We were seated in the main dining room and had a server and the sous chef brought out our courses which were samples of the restaurant's specialties. The Wine Dinner was completely different and more like a private party. I really cannot recommend it enough. :wave2:

I wanted to eat dinner at Jiko in November but I am thinking about doing the Wanyama safari instead since I wll be staying AKL conceirge so I can do the Sunrise safari,can you tell me what foods they serve you after the safari and do you think it is worth $150 or would it be better to just pay for a nice dinner and enjoy the sunrise safari?
Thanks!!!! :)

Wouldn't it be great if we could meet up at the Wine Dinner at AKL...or the GF pool, or the GF Spa, or anywhere at WDW!

Seven massages...I hate you! :rotfl:
Great news on your DD. I really was worried about what she was going to do...you are a great mom!

Love to hear from you. We should be at the GF in mid September.

Kata,

My DH and I really enjoyed the Sunset Safari (Nov. 2004). It is completely different than the Kilimanjaro Safari (Sunrise Safari). We did both.

The main course at Jiko consisted of filet with mac and cheese, monk fish with sweet potato fries, and chicken with mashed potatoes. There were three or four dips with different types of dippers and several appetizers. We had three different wines with dinner. The meal ended with a dessert sampler that was out of this world. The chef brought all the food to the table and explained what everything was.

I think that $150 is a lot of money for this safari, but I would do it again.

John's Mom said:
Kata,

My DH and I really enjoyed the Sunset Safari (Nov. 2004). It is completely different than the Kilimanjaro Safari (Sunrise Safari). We did both.

The main course at Jiko consisted of filet with mac and cheese, monk fish with sweet potato fries, and chicken with mashed potatoes. There were three or four dips with different types of dippers and several appetizers. We had three different wines with dinner. The meal ended with a dessert sampler that was out of this world. The chef brought all the food to the table and explained what everything was.

I think that $150 is a lot of money for this safari, but I would do it again.

Thanks for the great info I really am looking forward to doing both safaris and since I want to eat at Jiko anyway it does seem like a good idea to just do the safari also,I thought I heard that they don't serve the monkfish anymore maybe someone can verify that for me,I never had it but for some reason I was looking forward to trying it but I really want to try the filet and mac and cheese so I'll be happy as long as I get to try that.
Thanks!!! :)

Can you go over some of the offerings at the AKL concierge lounge?

Sounds like you had a great vacation

Joan
For breakfast there was hot oatmeal both plain and with brown sugar; fresh fruit - bananas, oranges and apples also sliced pineapple :cloud9: , strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe; different muffins like chocolate chip, bran, banana nut, etc. Cereals for children; bagels (plain and multi grain and cinn. raisin) and a toaster; croissants... The coffee machine is great :wizard: ~
They have hot choc. packets, a nice selection of teas; choc. milk, whole milk, skim milk, etc.
Appetizers and wine was my favorite offering of the day. I had some good wines and there were yummy bean salads, beef satay, pinwheels with couscous in tortilla, chicken nuggets for kids - other things I'm forgetting...
In the afternoon there are cookies and crackers. We weren't there for that very often; there were good desserts in the evenings.
The staff was AWESOME and very friendly and helpful.
Aja, Jack, the incomparable Don and all the others made our stay fantastic. My friend and her 2 children joined us for 4 nights there and they are HOOKED on AKL CL. They usually stay standard at the Poly but my friend says she was completely RUINED by the CL experience :teeth:

johnsonet said:
Joan
For breakfast there was hot oatmeal both plain and with brown sugar; fresh fruit - bananas, oranges and apples also sliced pineapple :cloud9: , strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe; different muffins like chocolate chip, bran, banana nut, etc. Cereals for children; bagels (plain and multi grain and cinn. raisin) and a toaster; croissants... The coffee machine is great :wizard: ~
They have hot choc. packets, a nice selection of teas; choc. milk, whole milk, skim milk, etc.
Appetizers and wine was my favorite offering of the day. I had some good wines and there were yummy bean salads, beef satay, pinwheels with couscous in tortilla, chicken nuggets for kids - other things I'm forgetting...
In the afternoon there are cookies and crackers. We weren't there for that very often; there were good desserts in the evenings.
The staff was AWESOME and very friendly and helpful.
Aja, Jack, the incomparable Don and all the others made our stay fantastic. My friend and her 2 children joined us for 4 nights there and they are HOOKED on AKL CL. They usually stay standard at the Poly but my friend says she was completely RUINED by the CL experience :teeth:

Can you tell me what hours they serve the wine and desserts?
Thanks!!! :)

Hi :wave2: I am anxiously awaiting your trip report and Pictures :)

I think I want to be you when I grow up. Your whole trip sounds fantastic. How many massages? WOW, now I know that I want to be you. princess:

We are leaving in 6 weeks for six nights at the GF RPC. I keep thinking, that really is a lot of money, but this will probably be our last trip for a while. The DIS is great, but you think and read of all the choices and sometimes second quess yourself. If only I was rich instead of beautiful.... :rotfl2:

When we finish our stay at GF we switch over to AKL CL for 7 nights. I am going to call IPO and book the wine dinner for our last night. It sounds so wonderful. Thank you Liz.

Angel I am not going to post a TR. I'm sorry :( Feel free to PM me if you want to ask me anything~
I am happy to hear you are booking the Wine Dinner. You will NOT regret it!
You have an awesome trip planned! Can't wait to read about GF RPC. My DD wants to try it next. princess:
My massages were great. I only went so often because I found a GREAT therapist. I became addicted to him :teeth: I enjoyed being at the GF Spa a lot :cloud9: . One aesthetician told me there are plans to redo the spa (although she added that there have been plans for this for a while and it has not yet happened...). She said that the waiting area needs to be enlarged because there is sometimes not enough room. I'm going back in either early October or early November and a big chunk of my budget will be for time at The Spa :cloud9:
:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter