Just back from a great week at Vero!

princessesrule4

<font color=darkorchid>Nope, it's your imagination
Just got back last night from a fabulous week at Vero! Sooo relaxing! Checked in on Monday,4/9 to a OVIR with a gorgeous ocean view! CM's were great, as usual - they work so hard! I hope they pay them well!
We did a lot of fun family activities - campfire(3 times!), family bingo, mini golf, tennis,etc. DH and I basically sat by the pool all day, everyday!! DS made friends and hung out with them all week playing basketball and doing activities like dodge ball, mini golf tourney,soccer,etc. DD did a ton of activities like unbirthday party, paper flowers, seaside chefs (cooking class - loved it), mickey plate craft,scratch art, waterslide races,etc. She made friends and had a great time!
Shutters was great for dinner and breakfast. Ate at Bleachers by the pool almost everyday! Squid Lips was recommended by people at the pool and it was great! Ordered pizza from Orchid's twice. Beach is beautiful. I walked daily and the kids boogie boarded. A DJ was at the pool on Saturday and they also had pool games, dance contests,etc. - DD was loving it! Went shopping on Ocean dr. and got some great things for DD and me and the house! I'm glad to answer any questions!

So glad you had a great time! We are prepping for our second trip there in a couple weeks. My DD has been talking about the waterslide races since we left last year. Was it crowded?:hippie:

Thanks for the report - we really want to try Vero sometime. Were there many teens? Mine are 16 and 19.

It was crowded because it was the week after Easter. But crowded is a relative term and it really just seems crowded at the pool. I went down at 8am to reserve our pool chairs and sit out at the pool. But I liked getting up early so it wasn't a big deal to us. By Friday, people started heading back home and on Saturday, (4/14) ,there were still empty pool chairs even mid-day! We actually prefer it a little more crowded - the kids were sad to see their friends leave.
There were even some college age kids and plenty of teens there that week. More so than last year. Tons of tweens like my kids - 9-12 and lots of toddlers and 5-8year olds. We haven't been there at any other time besides Spring Break, but some people we met had gone last fall and said there were hardly any kids and their kids didn't have anyone to hang out with.

Glad you had a great time. We were at VB 4/1-6 and it was beautiful. Pretty much the same report you had.

My DD and her friend were disappointed there were not many older teens. That week it seemed like the age cut off was around 14...very few older than that.

Just got back last night from a fabulous week at Vero! Sooo relaxing! Checked in on Monday,4/9 to a OVIR with a gorgeous ocean view! CM's were great, as usual - they work so hard! I hope they pay them well!
We did a lot of fun family activities - campfire(3 times!), family bingo, mini golf, tennis,etc. DH and I basically sat by the pool all day, everyday!! DS made friends and hung out with them all week playing basketball and doing activities like dodge ball, mini golf tourney,soccer,etc. DD did a ton of activities like unbirthday party, paper flowers, seaside chefs (cooking class - loved it), mickey plate craft,scratch art, waterslide races,etc. She made friends and had a great time!
Shutters was great for dinner and breakfast. Ate at Bleachers by the pool almost everyday! Squid Lips was recommended by people at the pool and it was great! Ordered pizza from Orchid's twice. Beach is beautiful. I walked daily and the kids boogie boarded. A DJ was at the pool on Saturday and they also had pool games, dance contests,etc. - DD was loving it! Went shopping on Ocean dr. and got some great things for DD and me and the house! I'm glad to answer any questions!

Sounds like a graet trip! we're going in 2008 in an OVIR. What romm # did you have? Was the view blocked by foilage?:)

I am hoping to switch my DVC reservation at the 7 month mark to Vero for the week before Easter 08. Do you own at Vero or did you switch at the 7 month mark and how hard was it to get all of your days??

Sounds like you had a great trip!!

Thanks for the report. We're counting the days till Vero...........

Thanks for the report. You're right about the CMs. I don't know how well they get paid, but many of their faces have been there for quite a while. I have on occasion taken the opportunity to compliment and thank them.

Hi! So glad you had a great trip to VB.

We will be there for 3 nights from 4th May before we head to BCV.

We will be with my parents and my DD (who will be 2 weeks shy of 4 years old) and DS 9 months.

Are there activities for an almost 4 year old to do? Or is she too young for the scheduled stuff?

I am hoping Grandad will take her for walks on the beach so I can grab a little rest while baby sleeps!

So looking forward to trying a new resort!

Mandy :)

Sounds like a graet trip! we're going in 2008 in an OVIR. What romm # did you have? Was the view blocked by foilage?:)

We were on the second floor and since you are off the ground, you have a great view of the water but the view of the top part of the sand is blocked due to the foliage and the fact that it is a second floor view. At least where we were - right next to the Green Cabin Room. Last year, we were on the 4th floor and had a great view- mabye even a little better because you are higher up! Have a great trip!

Thanks for sharing..

We are planning on going next summer and can not wait. Trying to get as much information on Vero as possible..

Do you have to pay for your daughter to do all of those activities??

I am hoping to switch my DVC reservation at the 7 month mark to Vero for the week before Easter 08. Do you own at Vero or did you switch at the 7 month mark and how hard was it to get all of your days??

Sounds like you had a great trip!!

We do own at Vero but hope you have luck switching!:)

Hi! So glad you had a great trip to VB.

We will be there for 3 nights from 4th May before we head to BCV.

We will be with my parents and my DD (who will be 2 weeks shy of 4 years old) and DS 9 months.

Are there activities for an almost 4 year old to do? Or is she too young for the scheduled stuff?

I am hoping Grandad will take her for walks on the beach so I can grab a little rest while baby sleeps!

So looking forward to trying a new resort!

Mandy :)
There are 3-5 year old Tot activities - a couple everyday, looking at our schedule from last week. I don't know if there were more activities than usual when we were there since it was the week after Easter! There was a tot Treasure Hunt, Tot basketball,Tot coin/fish toss,parent/tot craft,etc. All of these are accompanied by an adult, so mabye Granddad can take her! There are also activities such as chalk art, scavenger hunt,Unca Banjo,sandcastle building,etc. that are for anyone that she might enjoy. Have a great trip!

Thanks for sharing..

We are planning on going next summer and can not wait. Trying to get as much information on Vero as possible..

Do you have to pay for your daughter to do all of those activities??

Some of the activities are free and some have a fee.
Paper flowers, scratch art,unbirthday party were free. Games - dodgeball,soccer,etc. of course are free. Chalk art, face painting,underwater fish hunt,and the like are free,also.
The Mickey plate craft and Seaside Chefs were $7 each. She loved Seaside Chefs - she decorated an apron, chef hat and made jello pudding "dirt" cups. She also made a cute seashell bag for $3.
There were also other activities for 3 and 4 dollars (member price - guest price is a couple dollars more) - suncatcher, paint a mug, t-shirt, clay magnet - to name a few. I signed her up for most activities the morning of, or the day before.
Hope this helps and hope you have a great trip!:)

Sounds like a great fun place for kids and adults a like...

Is the summer really popular there?? Should I plan on calling seven months out???

Sounds like a great fun place for kids and adults a like...

Is the summer really popular there?? Should I plan on calling seven months out???

We have not been during the summer but I would assume the summer months there would get booked quickly with people wanting to add a few days at the beach to their WDW trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter