Just back from a great week at Pop.....

dobtia

DIS Veteran
We just finished our 10th trip, and 2nd on-site and we had such a great time.

Lets start with the non-Disney. We did spend one day at Universal and IoA. We did both parks and I have to say that they have some technology that is making Disney look bad. The Harry Potter stuff was top notch. We loved the whole experience in both parks. The Gingrots ride was amazing as well as much of there stuff. The down side is the Express Pass. Just don't like the idea of buying way to the front. We missed some stuff because we just did not want to pay. I would go back to Universal but only for a day. It is good, but just not Disney

PoP Century was awesome for the 2nd year in a row. We had a first time staying there person in our group. I asked her if she would come back there. She said she would because it felt like Disney, it felt fun, and it was great for kids. For a value resort the food court was good. We had a great mousekeeper named Percy. I tipped him 3 dollars a day in an envelope. One day he was right next to our room and introduced himself. I saw him a couple more times and he so friendly.

Buses were crowded most of the week but never really waited to crazy long. As a former off site person I have to say I really like using the buses especially for MK.

Weather was pretty typical for Florida in June. Warm to hot with some rain. We are from Texas so not a big deal.

Fastpass +. I wanted to be one of the haters. I tried a couple of years ago to convince myself that it would not work. It worked pretty good for us last year. It worked pretty good for us this year. Now to be fair we are rope drop people so we got a lot done early and we know how to use the system. It does not work for everyone.

MK was awesome as always for us. We got multiple rides. We got to stay to until 1 am one night. My son always loves playing the Scorer game. I rode Space Mountain for first time and loved loved it. Did Carousel of Progress for first time. Really liked it. My 12 year old son loved it. MK delivered again. One funny story, we got to gate on Sunday just as they started the welcome show so they held us at the turnstile until show was over. No big deal it takes a bit for crowds to get through the rail station anyways. Talking to the guy at the gate and one of the supervisors. As they open the supervisor says "and now the Mine Train 5K starts". We all laughed pretty good. We had FP's so no run for us. I don't ride it though my legs are to thick.

AK was another good day. We did everything we wanted including Everest several times at opening. This park will be "interesting" to see when Avatarland opens. Will hold judgement until I see the completed task.

DHS....man this place really needs some love when it comes to rides (attractions). Using the FP+ system really shows how much more they need. There is just not a lot of choices here. We all keep hearing stories of stuff to come, but with how far away?

EPCOT....Future World also needs more. I mean it comes down to Test Track and Soarin. Sure there is Spaceship Earth which is always nice. Nothing else really excites us. Just not enough choices. We did have a nice time in the World Showcase, but the weather kicked up and we had to rush the last few countries.

DTD. I really think this place is going to be nice when they are done. We went to Westside for a "short" time. We went to use our Disney Quest tickets. Next thing we know it has been hours. We ate at the food trucks and watched the street performers. We had such a good time. The Marketplace was really nice too. Can't wait to see it done.

All in all it was an amazing trip.

I'm glad you had a great trip! I've stayed at PoP as both a couple and with extended family. I've always enjoyed my stays there.

Glad to hear you had an awesome trip! We love Pop and can't wait to stay there in November!

Glad you had a great time! Pop is our favorite resort! It does have such a Disney feel because it is bright and cheery. I agree about DHS. This is my DH favorite park, but to me there is not much to do. I love EP but again, the ride choices are lacking. I can't wait for them to add more to both parks!

Glad you had a great time! Pop is our favorite resort! It does have such a Disney feel because it is bright and cheery. I agree about DHS. This is my DH favorite park, but to me there is not much to do. I love EP but again, the ride choices are lacking. I can't wait for them to add more to both parks!
We love EPCOT too. I think for me, in my mind, I can see so much more there.

I agree. I love watching people as they tour the World Showcase, and see how the CM's interact with the guests. The countries are decorated so beautiful, and I love the merchandise in the stores. I really could stay there all day, but my DH doesn't feel it. LOL, which is why I have to go solo again soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter