• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back, flew JetBlue, used Tiffany TC

Yes........can you tell me what the service was like on Jet Blue?TIA!:)

We loved that airline. This was our first plane trip since 9/11 (we were in Disney that week, we drove back to CT).
We (2 adults, 3 kids) were all very happy with JetBlue. The ticket counter moved very quickly in JFK. At Orlando, they had curb side check-in as well. Security was vigilant. The flight was great, the kids loved the TV. They had cocktails and light snacks. We arrived in both destinations early! Everything went very smoothly.

Sounds like you had a great trip tinofan!;) Thanks for the nice review of Jet Blue!:sunny:

We flew Jet Blue for the first time this summer from Wash-Dulles (VA) to Oakland CA and it was the most relaxing flight my husband and I ever had.

My oldest (7yrs) still brags to everyone that he got to watch 5 hours of cartoons. Since at home we limit his TV to 1/2 hr per day during the week, that abundance of TV was a very special treat (and we figure if it only happens 1x/yr...)

Our youngest watched about an hour, dozed, woke up and played playdough and legos and read, then a little more TV and we were there.

The in-flight service was exceptional and I, for one, love that they don't serve meals. I despise having the aisles blocked by the food carts (invariably that's when my children need to go "potty"). And, the food was usually so yucky that we never ate it so.... I love just snacks and drinks and we brought Nutri-grain bars and peanut butter crackers and baby carrots.

Will be flying Jet Blue again in April to see "grandpa" in Long Beach- my oldest can't wait- LOL.

Also, did I mention the prices were very good. We are flying RT Wash- Dulles to Long Beach, CA for $260 ea.

Sorry so long,
Steph

Thanks Steph for the great review.

We're still debating on which airline (depends on the price of flights! Hee hee!;) )

We are looking at flying out of Buffalo as our Canadian fares have been "taxed" to death and Buffalo seems like a cheaper idea.......even with our poor exchange rate.

We'll be leaving for Orlando around March 14th so I'm keeping my eyes open for some great airfares. Thanks again and have a great time on your vacation in April!:wave: :sunny:

I also flew JetBlue in Jan and May (to and from Florida from Syracuse for my College Program) and I have nothing but great things to say. on all four legs, we arived ontime or early, the snacks were good, the Tv was great, I loved the channel that told you where you were in the sky, and the staff was really friendly.:D

I really want to try them when we go down for Easter. I've been watching the prices for some time now but they haven't gone down yet; $465pp. :(

Hi, How was your experience with Tiffany and how long did it take you to get to WDW once you got off the plane? Was the driver waiting for you? Happy Limo says you have to call when you get there to have the driver come-otherwise it takes him a long time to go back from baggage pickup and get the car and come back so I'm wondering why TTC doesn't do this, although I do prefer having the driver meet us rather than calling, but not if it does actually take the driver a longtime to go get the car.

turtlegirl-
Tiffany was great. We were about 15 minutes early, but the driver was waiting right there at baggage. He got us and our luggage out to the curb, then he went to get the car. The car did take about 10-15 minutes (last year, that driver was able to leave the car there, but that was before 9-11, or maybe this was just a busier day in general. Where we got our baggage last year was a little different - don't know how to explain it, but it was at the beggining of the pick-up place or something, and he was able to park the car right across the way.
Anyway, the drive to WDW was 30 minutes, so we were in our hotel room within an hour of landing!
The way home, the driver was waiting for us at our hotel, right on time.
This is the second time we used Tiffany, and we'll use them again if/when we go back (hopefully, it's "when" and not "if").:D

tinofan, thanks for your reply-I think you're right that the wait is due to 9/11. They used to leave the cars standing by the curb whereas now they have to leave them parked somewhere and go get them. Don't worry,you'll be back in no time.

turtlegirl,
your welcome, and I hope you're right about being back in no-time!

ps, I said we were in our hotel in under an hour from landing, I really should say under 1 1/2 hours. We landed @ 11:30 and we were in our room just before 1.

Hope you have a great time!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter