Just back - Family Magic Tour was wonderful!

BethC

DIS Veteran
Just got back and we were lucky enough to do the Family Magic Tour again. This is so much fun and the kids just love hunting for clues and traipsing all over the Magic Kingdom and I thought I would share our experience with you.

The premise is that Peter Pan has stolen Captain Hook's best Sunday Hook and if we don't find it within 2 hours the Captain will tear up the Magic Kingdom. Our guide presented us with a treasure map and we had to do all kinds of crazy things to get from place to place, including acting like our favorite characters, flying like Buzz Lightyear, taking giant steps, skipping, jumping and hopping, playing follow the leader, screaming tick-tock to scare Captain Hook away, doing the conga and more!

At the end of the tour we were taken to a private glade that was roped off just for us and Belle came and showed us that she had found the hook! We than had a private meet and greet session where we were able to get all the photos and autographs we wanted. Belle then took us over to ride Peter Pan and we were able to bypass the line and enter immediately - what fun! Since Belle could only ride with 2 children on that ride, she offered to take us on the carousel, so the other 2 children on the tour could ride near her as well.

Other park guests kept trying to get close to Belle, but she was very gracious and said she was with a private tour and to meet up with her later in her fairly tale garden. She held my daughters hand the whole time, which was so sweet! I kept hearing people asking how they could get to do the tour since they could tell we were having so much fun.

This was a spectacular end to our week at Walt Disney World, and one the kids are still talking about. The tour is well worth the cost!

For more information on the Family Magic Tour, visit this page: Backstage Tours

Beth - thanks for your post! We're doing this tour in Oct. and have been looking for current info. How many people total were in your group? Do you know if Belle is always at the end or do they have different characters? By chance was anyone in your group celebrating a birthday? We'll be celebrating DS's 6th birthday so I'm glad to hear you had so much fun. (By the way, we're in Novi so we know that there really is a Kalamazoo:) ). Thanks in advance for the info.

Boy, that does sound like great fun! We can't do it this time, but I'll definately keep it in mind for a future trip. Thanks for sharing!

That sounds fantastic.

Is it something that would be feasable with a baby in tow, or would you recommend waiting till teeny is a toddler and can get more out of it rather than just being dragged along?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter