Just back (Dec 21st to Jan 2nd) --- good , bad, okay, and disney app is the bane of my existance...

Best_Vacation_EVER!

DIS Veteran
What was great/good:

Beach Club stay: Room was great, loved the balcony, housekeeping was perfect. Zero issues with this. Every trip we've had at BC has been great. We'll stay there as long as it makes sense to come to WDW.
Disney After Hours DHS: Perfect, rode everything we wanted multiple times, snacks were great (cookies, pretzels, drinks, etc.....), transportation was good.
Epcot Frozen Dessert Party: Super great table-mates added in a big way. Interesting conversation and great food and show.

What sucked!
Photopass - paid for this and all photos seemed to show up A-OK until we got home and then most disappeared. Super great clue to WDW if you lose photos that were there ----- you suck --- you actually super, super suck --- erase all the memories we have for a trip and, yeah, we won't be back -- EVER, EVER again. I think this will be the #1 reason I won't get DH to go back to WDW ever again. Nothing great about having all family trip memories disappear thanks to super-crappy WDW IT --- it makes it super hard to justify another trip. It's not rocket science ---- we bought Photopass they should be there (they were there previously) and WDW should be able to make it work (from a very, very experienced recently retired IT worker who looks at your system and realizes that you don't know what the hell you're doing --- at all....) I get you save money if contract out to the cheapest option --- but we won't be back --- I guess some will so it will dollar cost average out that you don't lose immediate revenue --- but I have to say "IF" and I say IF we ever come back we'll assume that WDW IT is crap and will make sure we have stuff on our own cameras and phones --- although at this point even I (the WDW fanatic) don't want to come back.

Food - aside from our Yachtsman meal all the food was nothing more than sustinance ---- poorly prepared and lousy for the most part. Very disappointing --- we won't pay a premium for this poor quality again in the future.

Transportation - not super impressed with this - AT ALL . All Buses were slow, and BCR means you'll have to go Swan/Dolphin/Yacht Club/Boardwalk --- you may get a seat when the bus arrives but you'll definitely will have a milk run on the return. At DTD make sure you finish your shopping on the west side and be prepared to wait --- a lot for buses.) Expected more for a deluxe stay price but was greatly disappointed . (Waiting for bus at AK one night we waited 40 minutes while the Poly had 4 buses with only 1-2 guest waiting during the whole time --- how is that even possible with current comms....?)

Illuminations Cruise (12/29) --- Our captain was great but the weather conditions meant that the smoke and ash came back on us in a super-crazy way. Couldn't see half the fireworks and we were covered in ash. For $372 plus tip (the captain wasn't responsible for the lousy experience so we tipped him well) this was a total washout for us (our 3rd and worst time) .... and we'll never do it again --- EVER!

Good stuff:

Enjoyed HRH and Universal immensely. Zero glitches with them. Room --- perfect. Housekeeping --- perfect. WDW needs to learn from UO --- their customer service is infinitely better. We did 9 nights at WDW and 3 nights at UO and felt that UO cared WAY more about our experience.

Yachtsman meal - great food and service.

Frozen Dessert Party - great spot, great food/drink options, love that we can remove Frozen from our EP Tier 1 FP experiences (if you remove that the dessert party would not be worth it...)

Savor the Savannah --- Every single CM was GREAT and the whole experience was 110% worth it.... Great, great, great.

Stuff that doesn't really fit under a general heading:

All the merchandise is the same everywhere --- no exclusivity.

While most CMs were awesome there were 2 we encountered that should not have jobs in serving the public in anyway, shape or form anywhere. No further elaboration required but I don't expect to have people go out of their way to be rude. There were some who clearly shouldn't be in public settings but 98.9% went above and beyond. We did 3 nights at Universal and didn't encounter any negative at all. We'd go back to UO in a heartbeat --- maybe not so much WDW.

Last edited:
What was great/good:

Beach Club stay: Room was great, loved the balcony, housekeeping was perfect. Zero issues with this. Every trip we've had at BC has been great. We'll stay there as long as it makes sense to come to WDW.
Disney After Hours DHS: Perfect, rode everything we wanted multiple times, snacks were great (cookies, pretzels, drinks, etc.....), transportation was good.
Epcot Frozen Dessert Party: Super great table-mates added in a big way. Interesting conversation and great food and show.

What sucked!
Photopass - paid for this and all photos seemed to show up A-OK until we got home and then most disappeared. Super great clue to WDW if you lose photos that were there ----- you suck --- you actually super, super suck --- erase all the memories we have for a trip and, yeah, we won't be back -- EVER, EVER again. I think this will be the #1 reason I won't get DH to go back to WDW ever again. Nothing great about having all family trip memories disappear thanks to super-crappy WDW IT --- it makes it super hard to justify another trip. It's not rocket science ---- we bought Photopass they should be there (they were there previously) and WDW should be able to make it work (from a very, very experienced recently retired IT worker who looks at your system and realizes that you don't know what the hell you're doing --- at all....) I get you save money if contract out to the cheapest option --- but we won't be back --- I guess some will so it will dollar cost average out that you don't lose immediate revenue --- but I have to say "IF" and I say IF we ever come back we'll assume that WDW IT is crap and will make sure we have stuff on our own cameras and phones --- although at this point even I (the WDW fanatic) don't want to come back.

Food - aside from our Yachtsman meal all the food was nothing more than sustinance ---- poorly prepared and lousy for the most part. Very disappointing --- we won't pay a premium for this poor quality again in the future.

Transportation - not super impressed with this - AT ALL . All Buses were slow, and BCR means you'll have to go Swan/Dolphin/Yacht Club/Boardwalk --- you may get a seat when the bus arrives but you'll definitely will have a milk run on the return. At DTD make sure you finish your shopping on the west side and be prepared to wait --- a lot for buses.) Expected more for a deluxe stay price but was greatly disappointed . (Waiting for bus at AK one night we waited 40 minutes while the Poly had 4 buses with only 1-2 guest waiting during the whole time --- how is that even possible with current comms....?)

Illuminations Cruise (12/29) --- Our captain was great but the weather conditions meant that the smoke and ash came back on us in a super-crazy way. Couldn't see half the fireworks and we were covered in ash. For $372 plus tip (the captain wasn't responsible for the lousy experience so we tipped him well) this was a total washout for us (our 3rd and worst time) .... and we'll never do it again --- EVER!

Good stuff:

Enjoyed HRH and Universal immensely. Zero glitches with them. Room --- perfect. Housekeeping --- perfect. WDW needs to learn from UO --- their customer service is infinitely better. We did 9 nights at WDW and 3 nights at UO and felt that UO cared WAY more about our experience.

Frozen Dessert Party - great spot, great food/drink options, love that we can remove Frozen from our EP Tier 1 FP experiences (if you remove that the dessert party would not be worth it...)

Savor the Savannah --- Every single CM was GREAT and the whole experience was 110% worth it.... Great, great, great.

While most CMs were awesome there were 2 we encountered that should not have jobs in serving the public in anyway, shape or form anywhere. No further elaboration required but I don't expect to have people go out of their way to be rude. There were some who clearly shouldn't be in public settings but 98.9% went above and beyond. We did 3 nights at Universal and didn't encounter any negative at all. We'd go back to UO in a heartbeat --- maybe not so much WDW.
What was great/good:

What sucked!

Good stuff:

If you have not already done so, I suggest you call Photopass about your pics. They can look for lost pics, especially if you can tell them the location they were taken and what you were wearing in the photo. If your pics showed up once on MDE, I think they must still exist somewhere.

Glad the rest of your trip was good. Looks like you did some cool extra experiences.

Definitely call about the missing pics. We had this happen and they were able to find the missing pictures in no time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter