Just back DAS experience - IN PARK, NOT VIDEO REGISTRATION

airplane

DIS Veteran
My trip was November 3 through November 9. I am SOOOO glad that I took the time to do the video chat and pre-register and make my advance ride selections. If you are going during a busy time I highly recommend that you take the time to get the DAS ahead of your vacation. The DAS button constantly disappeared from my app. Every time I needed to make a ride reservation I had to go to the guest experience umbrellas throughout the park, guest services or the actual attraction itself. Unfortunately while I was there the guest experience umbrella lines were very long. Also the entrance to every lightning lane was jampacked so I had to wait in line to talk to the cast member to get a DAS. The cast members at the umbrellas were always very nice And they said Disney IT is aware of the DAS problems and they were working on fixing it. It was a little frustrating after a while because I had to repeat myself several times a day. They were all trying to troubleshoot my problem but yet it was a mystery and nobody could figure it out. They wanted to know what kind of phone I was using (iPhone 8) and what is my latest iOS system (14 something) and wanted to know how I was trying to obtain the DAS either using the button on the front screen or going through the actual ride attraction itself. None of it worked and they assured me that IT was aware of it so hopefully they will get the bug fixed soon.
We were a party of seven. The advanced DAS selections are for max of six people. Every cast member at each attraction we went on did let us bring the seventh person.
The one benefit of going to a guest services umbrella was they did the DAS for everyone in our group and I never had to worry about asking the cast member at the lightning Lane entrance if it was OK if we added one more to our group.
We had a great trip. I am very very thankful for the DAS. Luckily I was traveling with two other adults so they could care for my 12 year old son (DAS holder) but if I was traveling by myself with children or solo this could definitely be an issue.
Good luck to anyone traveling soon! Hopefully this is just a glitch with the new genie and everything will be figured out soon.

Oh I forgot to add something very important! I don’t know if this is normal or not but every time I made a DAS selection at the guest services umbrella we had all day to use it! I don’t remember how it’s been in the past but I thought it was an hour time slot like the advance DAS selections. This was absolutely huge for our needs!

Oh I forgot to add something very important! I don’t know if this is normal or not but every time I made a DAS selection at the guest services umbrella we had all day to use it! I don’t remember how it’s been in the past but I thought it was an hour time slot like the advance DAS selections. This was absolutely huge for our needs!
the DAS has always been open ended so there was no one hour time limit. Glade you hade a great trip

The DAS Advance Selections that can be scheduled in connection with video DAS registration have a one hour window for use.
The DAS Return Times made on the day of visit have a beginning time, but they are active until used, canceled by the user or that attraction/park closes for the day.

My family also had the issue of the DAS icon randomly disappearing from the app and then mysteriously appearing again.
My husband and I were both using iPhone 11s, updated with iOS 15.1 and the My Disney Experience app was also fully updated. Our friend who was with us a few days had a Pixel phone; he was able to see my daughter’s DAS icon on his phone, but he got an error message when he tried to make a DAS Return Time.
We also had issues with the spotty wifi. My husband kept having to sign into My Disney Experience over and over. It was really annoying because about half the time, it also needed a code number sent to his email in order to re-sign in.

Any tips to video chat?

Friend has been attempting for 3 days. She’s saying it reboots after an hr of waiting and starts all over again.

I'm also curious about tips for the video chat. Yesterday, the chat booted me out and said they weren't taking any more pre-registration chats for the day. Today, it let me cue but just says be near your browser as it make be a few hours before the video connects. How will I know? Does it make a sound and do you have time to respond? Surely I can't stare at a screen and do literally nothing else for hours . . .

So would you say that Genie + had made wait times for DAS longer or it didn’t effect it?

So - I keep getting conflicting info. We have a 3 day trip coming up - our 30 day window (from our FIRST day) opens tomorrow.

Can we book tomorrow (assuming we get through) for our length of stay? Not sure it matters, but we are staying on site; have our park passes; Annual Passholders. Do you start trying to logon before 7am?

Also, what link are you using for the online signup? Thanks so much!

So - I keep getting conflicting info. We have a 3 day trip coming up - our 30 day window (from our FIRST day) opens tomorrow.

Can we book tomorrow (assuming we get through) for our length of stay? Not sure it matters, but we are staying on site; have our park passes; Annual Passholders. Do you start trying to logon before 7am?

I believe it is 30 days from your last day at the park for the two advanced DAS

i was wondering the same because I saw reports of people being able to do it 30 days before their trip now similar to dining and not 30 days from the last park day. Unless I hear more data before then I will prob wait till last trip day for the 30 days because who wants to make that time commitment and find out you can only do first day.

So - has this every happened to anyone? I was up early, and logged into the system right at 7am. Four minutes later, a chat opened, and asked us to fill out the form requesting our 2 attractions/day! We were so excited! Filled that out, submitted, and then the Cast Member said, "Have your had your Video Conference yet?" - which we hadn't...so he said he woudl "transfer us" and now we are back in the queue (I think?)

How did that happen?

Can we keep this thread on the DAS at the park? There are plenty of DAS Video chat threads on here so this one doesn't need to be one too, does it?

i was wondering the same because I saw reports of people being able to do it 30 days before their trip now similar to dining and not 30 days from the last park day. Unless I hear more data before then I will prob wait till last trip day for the 30 days because who wants to make that time commitment and find out you can only do first day.

It's 30 days from your first day. They booked until Dec 23 for me.

So would you say that Genie + had made wait times for DAS longer or it didn’t effect it?

What has made DAS wait times longer is the over-inflated wait times. For awhile they had gotten a good gauge on determining the wait times using distancing, then it went away and was more reasonable...but wait times for most G+/NON-ILL$ attractions are listed at higher than the actual line. I choose to give Disney the benefit of the doubt and say it's just that they aren't used to how G+ impacts wait times, rather than saying they're inflating the numbers on purpose to get more people to shell out for G+. But it does mean that DAS wait times - which are based on the posted standby time, no matter how inaccurate that is - are inflated as well.

What has made DAS wait times longer is the over-inflated wait times. For awhile they had gotten a good gauge on determining the wait times using distancing, then it went away and was more reasonable...but wait times for most G+/NON-ILL$ attractions are listed at higher than the actual line. I choose to give Disney the benefit of the doubt and say it's just that they aren't used to how G+ impacts wait times, rather than saying they're inflating the numbers on purpose to get more people to shell out for G+. But it does mean that DAS wait times - which are based on the posted standby time, no matter how inaccurate that is - are inflated as well.
That is very annoying that you have to wait longer because you have a disability. But there is no way my son would be able to wait in a long line so I’m grateful that we can use this. That’s why I’m worried about the length of the LL line.

That is very annoying that you have to wait longer because you have a disability. But there is no way my son would be able to wait in a long line so I’m grateful that we can use this. That’s why I’m worried about the length of the LL line.

I agree that it's much better than not having a DAS option at all. I was just saying what I'd noticed as far as the impact it had on return times. IME thus far, the length of the LL line hasn't been a problem for the most part. They put the LL line through faster than the standby line, so that has moved quickly.

I agree that it's much better than not having a DAS option at all. I was just saying what I'd noticed as far as the impact it had on return times. IME thus far, the length of the LL line hasn't been a problem for the most part. They put the LL line through faster than the standby line, so that has moved quickly.
I’m glad to know about the impact on return times! It really helps to prepare in advance. It sucks about that extra long times but hopefully DAS, rope drop, and Genie + will fill the time.

I just finished mine and I was able to do the day past 30 days. (I'm not sure how far out they'll go, but they did one day past for me.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter