Just back - BWV Memorial Day Weekend

DVCforMe

Mouseketeer
We tried some new things this trip. Stayed at a Boardwalk studio standard view - first time at Boardwalk and first stay in a studio. We were lucky and got room 2083 which is on the lobby level, first room on the left down from the elevators. View was of the entry way and lawn. Great deal for the point cost considering a Holiday weekend. Ten steps away from the stairway down to Luna Park and near my son's favorite place - the ARCADE! What is it about little boys and arcades??? Room was clean. Cabinet storage in the vanity area was great. Loads of hot water. I tried the Richyams trick of reaching the fridge from the deck but my arms weren't quite long enough...

Our Owner's Locker was waiting for us when we arrived. Opening it was like Christmas in May. Packing from home had been a breeze - most our necessities were already in Orlando. Ponchos, misters, fanny pack (can't wear anywhere but Disney) autograph book, visors, and all the bathroom products/sun products we use. Can't say enough good things about the service John and Brian provide. At the end of the stay I made a few changes to the list of what we had stashed away and sealed up the locker. It was safely back in the warehouse before we were back in Minnesota. We've just finalized our next two trips - OKW in October and AKV in January - so just need to add that onto our planner on the Owner's Locker site and we'll be all set. Can't beat the convenience and peace of mind!

Magical Express worked super-slick. Not having to wait for and lug a suitcase at the airport was great, especially since my husband wasn't joining us until day 2. Going back to the airport took about 80 minutes - seemed like we looped around the Boardwalk area FOREVER but it is still a great free service.

We did the meal plan but couldn't use up all the counter service credits. Best deal was a gallon of water, half-gallon of milk, and pack of donuts from the ScreenDoor all for one snack credit each. I really love being able to buy the gallon of water. We had packs of Crystal Light in our Owner's locker so we were able to make wonderfully refreshing lemonade after a hot day in the parks - or a looong day in the arcade...

I'd be happy to answer any questions. Can't wait to go back.

Charlotte

Yeah, boys and arcades! I don't get it, either.

I ask DS, "Where do you want to stay this year?"
He says, "BEACH CLUB!! Wanna know why?"
First I had to think about the pool, then his favorite Beaches & Cream, and then I knew - the arcade!!
He says, "Yep! :teeth:"

I said, "Well heck, if that's all it is and you don't care about the pool, we can stay at OKW and visit the arcade...."

DS said :sad2: Apparently it's not the same.

Glad to hear you had a great trip! One of these days we'll try BWV!!

What's Owner's Locker?
How could you buy water, milk and donuts with one snack credit - I thought the total of the snack couldn't exceed $4.00?
How hot was it? Good weather?

Thanks for the report.

We tried some new things this trip. Stayed at a Boardwalk studio standard view - first time at Boardwalk and first stay in a studio. We were lucky and got room 2083 which is on the lobby level, first room on the left down from the elevators. View was of the entry way and lawn. Great deal for the point cost considering a Holiday weekend. Ten steps away from the stairway down to Luna Park and near my son's favorite place - the ARCADE! What is it about little boys and arcades??? Room was clean. Cabinet storage in the vanity area was great. Loads of hot water. I tried the Richyams trick of reaching the fridge from the deck but my arms weren't quite long enough...

Our Owner's Locker was waiting for us when we arrived. Opening it was like Christmas in May. Packing from home had been a breeze - most our necessities were already in Orlando. Ponchos, misters, fanny pack (can't wear anywhere but Disney) autograph book, visors, and all the bathroom products/sun products we use. Can't say enough good things about the service John and Brian provide. At the end of the stay I made a few changes to the list of what we had stashed away and sealed up the locker. It was safely back in the warehouse before we were back in Minnesota. We've just finalized our next two trips - OKW in October and AKV in January - so just need to add that onto our planner on the Owner's Locker site and we'll be all set. Can't beat the convenience and peace of mind!

Magical Express worked super-slick. Not having to wait for and lug a suitcase at the airport was great, especially since my husband wasn't joining us until day 2. Going back to the airport took about 80 minutes - seemed like we looped around the Boardwalk area FOREVER but it is still a great free service.

We did the meal plan but couldn't use up all the counter service credits. Best deal was a gallon of water, half-gallon of milk, and pack of donuts from the ScreenDoor all for one snack credit each. I really love being able to buy the gallon of water. We had packs of Crystal Light in our Owner's locker so we were able to make wonderfully refreshing lemonade after a hot day in the parks - or a looong day in the arcade...

I'd be happy to answer any questions. Can't wait to go back.

Charlotte

Charlotte...thanks for taking the time to share your impressions of BWV. Sounds like a great trip for you!

I tried the Richyams trick of reaching the fridge from the deck but my arms weren't quite long enough...
Next time, try opening the sliding door on the balcony first. You can reach it...really!! :lmao:

Nice comments on Owners Locker too. glad to hear the service is working for many people. :thumbsup2

The weather was warm but not hot. Nice breeze kept things cooler. The crowds didn't seem as bad this year - I wonder if the high price of gasoline kept regional people home for the long weekend.

Owner's Locker is a great service that will store a locker of personal items for you and deliver and pick-up at your resort. There is a link at the top of the DIS page. I have been really impressed with their professionalism and responsiveness. I didn't put the security ties on quite right and they fixed them and let me know how to get them on better next time before I even got home. I think it will be even more convenient as I tweak what we leave in the locker each visit.

That would have been a GREAT deal to get water, milk, and donuts for one snack credit - they were one snack credit each - still a pretty good deal.

The room was bigger than I thought it would be and the new pull-out sleeper sofa was easy to use and comfy. I smiled every time I went on the balcony thinking of Richyams... here's to you Rich!

The room was bigger than I thought it would be and the new pull-out sleeper sofa was easy to use and comfy. I smiled every time I went on the balcony thinking of Richyams... here's to you Rich!

Isn't that the truth?!?.... I was at BWV a couple of weeks ago with some friends who had never been before...

They started complaining about the long walk to our room... and I thought of Rich and just smiled!

He's definitely still missed around here....

Yeah, boys and arcades! I don't get it, either.

I ask DS, "Where do you want to stay this year?"
He says, "BEACH CLUB!! Wanna know why?"
First I had to think about the pool, then his favorite Beaches & Cream, and then I knew - the arcade!!
He says, "Yep! :teeth:"

I said, "Well heck, if that's all it is and you don't care about the pool, we can stay at OKW and visit the arcade...."

DS said :sad2: Apparently it's not the same.

Glad to hear you had a great trip! One of these days we'll try BWV!!
I think B&C should take over that arcade. Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter