Just back- any questions?

hmkenn0

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone- my son (12) and I spent 3 (ended up 4) wonderful days at DLP March 6-11. We stayed 2 nights at Art of Marvel, which is my new favorite Disney resort (I worked in guest relations at WDW 1996-2005 and have stayed at all of the resorts at WDW and both at DL so I feel like I am a pretty good judge, 2nd fave is now Poly)! We met a mother and her 8-year-old son the first night at the Downtown restaurant (we were seated next to them) and spent the next two days hanging out with our new British friends- to me, this epitomizes the magic of Disney- people who love Disney coming together in unexpected ways!
I also have a disability and took my blue parking badge with me and was able to use the priority pass, which was INCREDIBLE and I wish WDW and DL would implement a similar system, with the requirements they have as well- no questions you when they know you had to have proof rather than beg your case. I will say, this was my first trip after my foot surgery and will probably use a cane on future trips- I couldn't do a wheelchair because they only rent push ones and I wasn't going to ask my son to do that- as an otherwise healthy 43 year old this has been a hard lesson, but it's worth it to keep traveling and exploring the world!
I had planned to do just 3-day tickets, but we loved it so much we converted to Magic Plus annual passes, went back for the fourth day (Versailles was closed due to an EU conference on Ukraine), and are already planning a trip back in December.
I was blown away by the 30th celebration, it reminded me of the 100 years of Magic at WDW/DL which I still think is the high bar for celebrations by Disney.
Anyway, thanks for all of the tips on this board- they really helped, and I cannot wait to return in December.

Hello everyone- my son (12) and I spent 3 (ended up 4) wonderful days at DLP March 6-11. We stayed 2 nights at Art of Marvel, which is my new favorite Disney resort (I worked in guest relations at WDW 1996-2005 and have stayed at all of the resorts at WDW and both at DL so I feel like I am a pretty good judge, 2nd fave is now Poly)! We met a mother and her 8-year-old son the first night at the Downtown restaurant (we were seated next to them) and spent the next two days hanging out with our new British friends- to me, this epitomizes the magic of Disney- people who love Disney coming together in unexpected ways!
I also have a disability and took my blue parking badge with me and was able to use the priority pass, which was INCREDIBLE and I wish WDW and DL would implement a similar system, with the requirements they have as well- no questions you when they know you had to have proof rather than beg your case. I will say, this was my first trip after my foot surgery and will probably use a cane on future trips- I couldn't do a wheelchair because they only rent push ones and I wasn't going to ask my son to do that- as an otherwise healthy 43 year old this has been a hard lesson, but it's worth it to keep traveling and exploring the world!
I had planned to do just 3-day tickets, but we loved it so much we converted to Magic Plus annual passes, went back for the fourth day (Versailles was closed due to an EU conference on Ukraine), and are already planning a trip back in December.
I was blown away by the 30th celebration, it reminded me of the 100 years of Magic at WDW/DL which I still think is the high bar for celebrations by Disney.
Anyway, thanks for all of the tips on this board- they really helped, and I cannot wait to return in December.

do you mean the blue handicap placard? I have that and the card that goes with it (looks like a license) that would get myself and traveling party priority pass? not sure what that is and hadn't thought of asking!

sheree

do you mean the blue handicap placard? I have that and the card that goes with it (looks like a license) that would get myself and traveling party priority pass? not sure what that is and hadn't thought of asking!

sheree
Yes the one that you hang in your car- they will take it from the US for sure- not sure about other countries. Mine has my name on it as well (Georgia)- I think that helped. I also used it to get free admission to the catacombs and I think you could use it for a number of other attractions as well (I got the reduced fee to Effiel Tower as well). I just carried it with me in Paris on days when I thought to use it. Once you get your card at Disneyland, you don't need to carry it any more.

Yes the one that you hang in your car- they will take it from the US for sure- not sure about other countries. Mine has my name on it as well (Georgia)- I think that helped. I also used it to get free admission to the catacombs and I think you could use it for a number of other attractions as well (I got the reduced fee to Effiel Tower as well). I just carried it with me in Paris on days when I thought to use it. Once you get your card at Disneyland, you don't need to carry it any more.

thank you so much. Never would have thought of it. The blue tag doesn't have my name, NJ, but I have a card that goes with it with my ID info
and it's the green card? that'll be a huge help in August!

Can you buy Premier access on weekends and holidays? Confusing wording on web site.
I think so- it was definitely available to purchase on Sunday March 6th which was very busy due to it being the 30th anniversary!

thank you so much. Never would have thought of it. The blue tag doesn't have my name, NJ, but I have a card that goes with it with my ID info
and it's the green card? that'll be a huge help in August!
Yep I got the green (VE for vert) with my blue parking hang tag and it definitely made my trip possible. I will probably still need my cane in the future but it was such a relief.

I'm so happy to hear the positive thoughts about Art of Marvel. My kids talked me into splurging on it for our June trip and hearing that an experienced Disney fan loved it gets me even more excited to see it for myself. Beach Club and Poly share our top spot to date, so hearing it put above one of our faves is really encouraging!

Hi, I am trying to convince my husband that we should hit up DLP for one day on April 8th. Do we need to do something to convert our CDC vaccine cards still, or has that requirement ended? Will we wish we knew French and be lost that we speak English only?

Hi, I am trying to convince my husband that we should hit up DLP for one day on April 8th. Do we need to do something to convert our CDC vaccine cards still, or has that requirement ended? Will we wish we knew French and be lost that we speak English only?
Vaccine pass ended last week, only when you are going into elderly homes etc. You need one.

And as long as you stay in touristy areas no much need for knowing French. Although, it never hurts to learn some basic phrases. Où est la toilette, for example can always come in handy ;)

So worth it- I definitely never would have thought I would be an annual passholder on a different continent, but I truly enjoyed my time- if you only go for one day- DO NOT try and do everything. And you will have no worries at all about language- many rides are in French and English, and even when it is mostly French you will still understand without an issue.
Yes, lucky you the vaccine pass ended so no need to go through the hassle of the EU one!

Transportation question: We are arriving in the late afternoon on a Sunday (last Sunday in June), taking the train from the airport to DLP. We'll have been touring in France before so no time change issues. We are staying at the Sequoia. Likely we'll walk from the train station with bags in tow (looks like you walk through the village and around the lake)....but just in case, any hotel transportation available from the train station to the Sequoia?

Awesome report!

We are going in September with a 3 year old. How many days do you think we need? We were thinking of arriving on a Sunday by train (From London) going to the park that afternoon, then visiting Mon/Tue, fly home Wed. Currently planning to stay at Art of Marvel.

Transportation question: We are arriving in the late afternoon on a Sunday (last Sunday in June), taking the train from the airport to DLP. We'll have been touring in France before so no time change issues. We are staying at the Sequoia. Likely we'll walk from the train station with bags in tow (looks like you walk through the village and around the lake)....but just in case, any hotel transportation available from the train station to the Sequoia?

Yes they have a shuttle bus service to the Onsite hotels. Bus stops are outside train station, although its a fairly quick walk to hotel from station, but will involve security check, if that is still in place

Yes they have a shuttle bus service to the Onsite hotels. Bus stops are outside train station, although its a fairly quick walk to hotel from station, but will involve security check, if that is still in place
Yes, either way you have security somewhere. Either when walking through Disney Village, or at the entrance of the hotel when you come from the bus site.

Awesome report!

We are going in September with a 3 year old. How many days do you think we need? We were thinking of arriving on a Sunday by train (From London) going to the park that afternoon, then visiting Mon/Tue, fly home Wed. Currently planning to stay at Art of Marvel.
Which week in September? Schools are back in session as of the 7th. So if it is the first week it will be busier. But the summer peak should be over by then.

Either way, with 2.5 days you should have plenty of time to see most/all.

Awesome report!

You will LOVE Marvel- definitely be sure to sign up for the superhero station activity with Spiderman- your 3-year-old will love that too. I agree on the 2.5 days- we spent 3.5, but we rode everything multiple times, so with 2.5 you will do everything and probably have some time to do a few favorites again.

We are also going in late June, staying at Hotel NY for 1 night. So excited to year you liked it. Since the pandemic started we've watched every Marvel movie (and most shows) on Disney+ so we figured it would be a good splurge for the night and since it also includes 2 days of park hopper tickets. Just FYI for those thinking of taking the train from CDG airport- the 10 min route ends at 7:30pm (at least from the timetables I've been looking at) so keep that in mind -otherwise it's a 70 min ride changing trains in Paris. My flight into CDG was moved out to arrive in the evening and I decided to call to rebook so we could get in earlier so we'd have more time at the parks as well as be able to take the 10 min train route.

We plan to visit DLP for the first time this summer. We're not big Marvel fans but like a good hotel. We were hoping to stay at the Disneyland Hotel our first trip but it will still be closed. Would you recommend it for Disney fans who don't really care for teh Marvel movies or should we consider Newport of Sequoia?

Can you do any of the Marvel stuff, like the drawing characters if you aren't staying at the hotel but are still on property at one of the other hotels?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter